Page 1 of 24 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Feser's New Lineup

Xtreme Addict

Feser's New Lineup

The Admiral Series Radiators

http://www.frozencpu.com/ in the latest news section

They show a few pics of the rads and they certainly are different. I hope the wait was worth it!
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Looks interesting

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottALot View Post
    The Admiral Series Radiators

http://www.frozencpu.com/ in the latest news section

They show a few pics of the rads and they certainly are different. I hope the wait was worth it!
    hrm i know i've seen a tower cooler with similar staggered disk like fins before. I also seem to recall a concept sketch on these forums with them. I can't recall the pros/cons though.

edit: on a second look i misinterpreted the pictures. this looks a lot like waterlogged's link below + ridges.
    Last edited by ryan92084; 09-11-2010 at 10:13 AM.

I am Xtreme
    Why couldn't they just post pictures instead of some lame flash.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    Why couldn't they just post pictures instead of some lame flash.
    My question, exactly. It's like that damn music on their sites that just makes you want to smash your head against your keyboard.
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

OVERCLOCKAHOLICS
    lol, yeah, that flash is pretty annoying.

OCM

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Have I just smashed my head against my keyboard?

The more interesting part is Iandh Pure-Sil coolant just below. Taken that his killcoil costs $6.50,
    it definitely seems like they're charging $13 for distilled water which is ridiculous.
    ..:Core i7 870///eVGA P55 Classified///VTX3D Radeon 6970///Asus Xonar D2X///16GB F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL///WD 6400AAKS 640Gb///Samsung F2 EcoGreen 1.5TB///Samsung F4 EcoGreen 2TB///Pioneer DVR 216///Seasonic X-series 850///Corsair Obsidian 800D///Logitech G15 rev.1///Logitech G400@Zowie G-TF Spawn///Philips 240SW:..

..:EK Supreme Acetal///Bitspower Black Freezer EIP55NSC///Magicool Pro III///S-Flex E@7v///Laing DDC-1T w/ EK Plexi top///EK Multioption 150:..

I am Xtreme
    Well, it's certainly different than anything else currently on the market. . .but it's hardly a "radically new concept". I do wonder if they managed to get rid of the dead spot in the center that's inherent in all tube style rads with those folds.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...6&postcount=11

Note the date on that post. All it really looks like to me is they redesigned the average household style radiator for the PC.

I'll say this though, those Triebwerks ought to be able to push through this pretty well.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Looks nice but do you think they will perform well? I have always used their xchangers and have been happy..
    HEATWARE
    x58-UD5 ▀▄ i7 950 4.0Ghz ▀▄ ZOTAC GTX 580 ▀▄ Mushkins 1600Mhz

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Erklat View Post
    Have I just smashed my head against my keyboard?

The more interesting part is Iandh Pure-Sil coolant just below. Taken that his killcoil costs $6.50,
    it definitely seems like they're charging $13 for distilled water which is ridiculous.
    heh if you read the post regarding all the steps in making it you'd understand

Xtreme Addict
    It'd be kind of cool if that iandh stuff was sorta tinted silver color.

On the topic of the radiator, the curved sort of fins make me think fans will have an easier time getting static pressure as any airflow that gets through will be able to drag other cool air with it around the fins.

EDIT: That above line is confusing, but I just can't explain it any better : /

SO are you saying the design is BETTER then what current rads are like or?
    HEATWARE
    x58-UD5 ▀▄ i7 950 4.0Ghz ▀▄ ZOTAC GTX 580 ▀▄ Mushkins 1600Mhz

I am Xtreme
    From the images, it doesn't look like there are any "fins", those bulges are part of the copper(?) tubes.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    From the images, it doesn't look like there are any "fins", those bulges are part of the copper(?) tubes.
    Maybe I"m looking at it wrong

To me it looks like the fins are surrounding the channels making these sort of fin-tubes instead of just a flat wall of fins.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan92084 View Post
    heh if you read the post regarding all the steps in making it you'd understand
    I did and realized it's kinda old news.

But, it's pricing is derived more from the perspective that Feser sells it's
    crap for $10/L than the fact that two hours are needed to produce a
    bottle of those. Nice product like anything that comes out of his workshop,
    make no mistake about that. Just an idea that I need $40 of coolant every
    half a year makes me reject it. Or stick with it's killcoil.

Nuff with the constructive offtopic.

About the rad, seeing enough space between those 'tubes'. Probably low rpm fans optimized at last?
    Not a distinctive Feser design. At least wasn't up to this moment.
    ..:Core i7 870///eVGA P55 Classified///VTX3D Radeon 6970///Asus Xonar D2X///16GB F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL///WD 6400AAKS 640Gb///Samsung F2 EcoGreen 1.5TB///Samsung F4 EcoGreen 2TB///Pioneer DVR 216///Seasonic X-series 850///Corsair Obsidian 800D///Logitech G15 rev.1///Logitech G400@Zowie G-TF Spawn///Philips 240SW:..

..:EK Supreme Acetal///Bitspower Black Freezer EIP55NSC///Magicool Pro III///S-Flex E@7v///Laing DDC-1T w/ EK Plexi top///EK Multioption 150:..

Xtreme Addict
    good news, looking forward for some numbers

Intel Q9650 @500x9MHz/1,3V
    Asus Maximus II Formula @Performance Level=7
    OCZ OCZ2B1200LV4GK 4x2GB @1200MHz/5-5-5-15/1,8V
    OCZ SSD Vertex 3 120Gb
    Seagate RAID0 2x ST1000DM003
    XFX HD7970 3GB @1111MHz
    Thermaltake Xaser VI BWS
    Seasonic Platinum SS-1000XP
    M-Audio Audiophile 192
    LG W2486L
    Liquid Cooling System :
    ThermoChill PA120.3 + Coolgate 4x120
    Swiftech Apogee XT, Swiftech MCW-NBMAX Northbridge
    Watercool HeatKiller GPU-X3 79X0 Ni-Bl + HeatKiller GPU Backplate 79X0
    Laing 12V DDC-1Plus with XSPC Laing DDC Reservoir Top
    3x Scythe S-FLEX "F", 4x Scythe Gentle Typhoon "15", Scythe Kaze Master Ace 5,25''

Apple MacBook Pro 17` Early 2011:
    CPU: Sandy Bridge Intel Core i7 2720QM
    RAM: Crucial 2x4GB DDR3 1333
    SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD
    HDD: ADATA Nobility NH13 1GB White

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottALot View Post
    Maybe I"m looking at it wrong

To me it looks like the fins are surrounding the channels making these sort of fin-tubes instead of just a flat wall of fins.

All I see in those pics on FCPU are a bunch of tubes that have been processed in a way (knurled with smooth rollers, or perhaps stamped in a press?) to give them more surface area with no conventional type fins between them.

Circles SucQ!

Xtreme Guru
    I'm guessing that not plain form of fins might cause a bit more turbulence enhancing heat dissipation (most air coolers have different from straight rectangle shaped fins aswell, though possibly partially because of looks aswell), but i doubt it resulting in something noticeably better cooling wise then normal rads. Almost certainly not enough better to justify double the price (pure speculation, by guessing that non standart rad making technology might be more expensive and knowing Feser's love to overcharge for overhyped products).

Xtreme Addict
    Feser= Bradburyfail

...and anyone else notice the ironic use of an Olde Englishe font on their "German Engineering (!)" slide.

I think I'd rather gouge out my retinas with an icepick than sit through that again.
    Last edited by warriorpoet; 09-11-2010 at 01:24 PM.
    Components
    Case: Cooler Master ATCS840/ PSU: Seasonic X750/
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-z68xp-ud4/ CPU: i5 2500k 4.2-4.8 GHz @ auto/
    VGA: EVGA GTX570 SC 940, 1880, 4500 @ 1.1v (Lucid dGPU)/ Memory: 8 Gb G.Skill DDR3 1866
    Storage: Corsair Force 3 120Gb SSD, Samsung 470 128Gb SSD, WD Scorpio Black 750 (Scythe Quiet Drive)
    OSs: Win7 HP x86_64/ Kubuntu 11.04 x86_64
    Cooling
    CPU: Koolance CPU-370/ GPU: Koolance VID-NX580/ Rads: XSPC RX360, Swiftech MCR-220QP/ Pump: EK-DCP 2.2 (softmount)
    Fans: 3x Noiseblocker m12-S1 @~500-750rpm, 3x Scythe GT 800 @~450-800RPM, Cooler Master 230mm (softmount) @300 RPM
    Tubing: 3/8" x 5/8" Primochill LRT (black)
    Fittings: Koolance compressions and 45/90 degree fittings

Certified Quiet PC Loony

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    All I see in those pics on FCPU are a bunch of tubes that have been processed in a way (knurled with smooth rollers, or perhaps stamped in a press?) to give them more surface area with no conventional type fins between them.

Ah, I hadn't seen that picture! They sorta look like rolled heatpipes in a way...

^ hehe, Feser and their ability to piss anyone off yet give awesome sales

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Interesting... Doesn't intuitively seem like enough surface area, but we will see. Perhaps optimized for really low fan speeds. Round tubes should be good for low restriction internally and the tubes externally seem to be spaced apart that they probably don't restrict fans much either.

Very different..Look forward to seeing some testing on these..

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    Interesting... Doesn't intuitively seem like enough surface area, but we will see. Perhaps optimized for really low fan speeds. Round tubes should be good for low restriction internally and the tubes externally seem to be spaced apart that they probably don't restrict fans much either.

Very different..Look forward to seeing some testing on these..
    That's what you call diplomatic.........

I honestly don't know why I love to hate TFC, I just do I'm guessing its All the hype, no substance they usually put out.

But this looks like something different if testers I trust end up testing this I might given them a Run. I dear say there going to used in a few builds Just for looks.
    MagisD

6 Quad rads 1 case Maybe I went a little overboard....Overkill Cube

Xtreme Mentor
    Anyone taking a guess at the pricing on these? I will start off with a guess at $250 for a single 120mm rad and up from there.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Get more investigations.
    It seems their radiators is a real innovation

and they have 5x140

LOL do u remember this?

Now the dream comes true

Intel Xeon W3520 4200MHz HT
    Foxconn Bloodrage
    3x2Gb Patriot Viper II DDR3-1600 6-6-6-16
    MSI GTX480 M2D15 850/1700/2000
    Samsung F1 1TB
    Corsair TX950W
    Stacker 832 w/ Dual Loop Watercooling aka *Bong Build*
    NEC 2690WUXi
    Loop 1: Laing DDC1-T -> Watercool HK 3.0 LT -> Thermochill PA120.3 -> Bloodrage NB -> EK Res 150
    Loop 2: Laing DDC1-T -> EK-FC GTX480 -> Thermochill PA120.2 -> EK Res 150

*New* CM 690 II Advanced Watercooled

*Coming soon* Stacker 832 Rebirth!

Page 1 of 24 123411 ... LastLast