Thread: SirJamesDTech - In Win Ironclad Full Tower Case Review

SirJamesDTech - In Win Ironclad Full Tower Case Review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfQ33wOaqcg

In Win has sent me their Ironclad Full Tower Case, and I am privileged to do this review for you.
    For more information, please visit In Win's website:
    http://www.in-win.us
    - BOARD: Asus Maximus IV Extreme - CPU: i7-2600K Sandy Bridge - GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 580s in SLI - SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB - STORAGE: 3x WD Caviar Blacks 640GB - RAM: 8GB Dominator GT DDR3 2000 - PSU: Antec TPQ1200W Modular - SOUND: Creative X-Fi Titanium Professional - FAN CONTROLLER: NZXT Sentry 2 Touch Screen - SPEAKERS: Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Surround - KEYBOARD: Logitech G19 - MOUSE: Razer Lachesis 3.5G 5600 dpi - BD/DVD: LG Black Blu-Ray/DVD - CASE: Corsair Obsidian 800D Full Tower - OS: Windows 7 Professional 64

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Wow, amazing that there's absolutely NO cable cutouts. I think I would have dropped the score to at least B+ for that, because it truly turns what could be a neat, flowing build into annoying clutter.

Hey nice don't forget to post it at OC3D
    or maybe you already did...

Verdict got upped because of overall value due to price, the amount of space inside, and the sound dampening. If this was a $150 case, it would've knocked it out of the A- range.
    Haha SnW Tiny Tom doesn't want me posting my videos on OC3D. So that's a no-go.
    - BOARD: Asus Maximus IV Extreme - CPU: i7-2600K Sandy Bridge - GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 580s in SLI - SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB - STORAGE: 3x WD Caviar Blacks 640GB - RAM: 8GB Dominator GT DDR3 2000 - PSU: Antec TPQ1200W Modular - SOUND: Creative X-Fi Titanium Professional - FAN CONTROLLER: NZXT Sentry 2 Touch Screen - SPEAKERS: Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Surround - KEYBOARD: Logitech G19 - MOUSE: Razer Lachesis 3.5G 5600 dpi - BD/DVD: LG Black Blu-Ray/DVD - CASE: Corsair Obsidian 800D Full Tower - OS: Windows 7 Professional 64

Quote Originally Posted by SirJamesD View Post
    Verdict got upped because of overall value due to price, the amount of space inside, and the sound dampening. If this was a $150 case, it would've knocked it out of the A- range.
    Haha SnW Tiny Tom doesn't want me posting my videos on OC3D. So that's a no-go.
    Aa i didn't know that , shame i like them.. will read (watch) them on here then

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I see your point James, and did hear those comments in the vid, so I figured that was part of the reason for the A-. I happen to feel there are plenty of cases that offer more at an equal or less price though, some of which aren't known about or trusted merely for their name.

Today's standards are different than yesterday's. To omit cable cutouts on a full tower case is a huge offense IMO. Most buying a budget full tower case are going to have A) an affordable non modular PSU, and B) a PSU with long cables.

It's basically leaving the consumer with not only lots of clutter and restricted air flow, but less bay space to use as well. For the latter reason alone the case becomes less of a full tower, and in the mid tower class the CM 690 II blows this one away.
    Last edited by Frag Maniac; 09-12-2010 at 05:55 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Another one representative of 'we are the Borg' case design. Where all the simplicity went?
    ..:Core i7 870///eVGA P55 Classified///VTX3D Radeon 6970///Asus Xonar D2X///16GB F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL///WD 6400AAKS 640Gb///Samsung F2 EcoGreen 1.5TB///Samsung F4 EcoGreen 2TB///Pioneer DVR 216///Seasonic X-series 850///Corsair Obsidian 800D///Logitech G15 rev.1///Logitech G400@Zowie G-TF Spawn///Philips 240SW:..

..:EK Supreme Acetal///Bitspower Black Freezer EIP55NSC///Magicool Pro III///S-Flex E@7v///Laing DDC-1T w/ EK Plexi top///EK Multioption 150:..

Banned
    who knows? where?