Thread: Mac OS in Windows Virtual mode

Xtreme Member

Mac OS in Windows Virtual mode

Hi

I have seen people install windows on mac os using vmware. Is it possible other way around? I mean install mac os in win 7 in virtual mode using vmware.

Fanboy of Good Products
    Looks like you want to use a patched version of osx and run it in virtualbox. Check lifehacker.com, we try not to talk about cracked software here.
    Cruncher #1: EVGA Z68 FTW | i7-2600k @ 4.5 | 6GB Ram
    Cruncher #2: Supermicro Dual-Socket | 2 x 6-core Opterons | 4GB Ram
    Cruncher #3: 8-core Xserve 1,1

T400 for non-crunching

"But don't think you'll run me over - It's, ah, planting season here in Texas... and the farm is growing..." -Otis11 on crunching WCG

Xtreme Member
    Cracked? I am planning to buy Mac ox and use it for my computer. Anyway, thanks for the info.

Xtreme Member
    Well, I also looked into this couple months ago for iPhone development...

Pretty much it says your violating the EULA agreement by not running on Apple hardware

So, say you develop a cool iPhone app on your VMware OSX and millions of people want the software, does that make Apple want to know if it was developed on a authentic OSX system

It sucks, but it would probably be better to pickup on of those Mac Cubes for < $1,000.

Quote Originally Posted by marxviper View Post
    Cracked? I am planning to buy Mac ox and use it for my computer. Anyway, thanks for the info.
    u have to have and apple branded computer to use the OS according to the TOS but the TOS goes against federal precedence for personal use (back to IBM restricting OS installs) and u can brand it with a sticker for personal use.

what u need to do is get a patched installer for osx, or get an efi emulator. u can run a usb device that u boot to that will emulate EFI and work like a normal mac u just have to select it in the bios, or u can use a boot loader in software to emulate it or u can get a virtual client and use a mac efi rom file to boot from. u can find solutions with some searching but its a gray area and im not sure on xs for going into how to do it from an admin issue or for this being the place to do it.

on a side note why would u want OSX, i would go with windows or real linux, there is no reason to go to OSX when u can run its stuff on linux and its less functional than windows for compatibility.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi