Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: New Monsoon Modular Reservoir System

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by MagisD View Post
    Dammm you...... I haven't even started building and i had a dream last night on how to model it lol

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk
    That is why we roll our own instead of buying some off the shelf Dell

It is why a modder is never "done" with a build...

It is also why I like to think of my parts as paint on your canvas. I know other designers who see one of their parts "hacked up" in a mod and get all bent out of shape. No higher compliment as far as I am concerned.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post
    While I understand the 'official' pricing is not figured out yet....I would like to know what you consider 'not cheap' and what would be (by you) where crazy expensive starts.

In short, what's a ballpark for not cheap....like ~$100 or more like ~$150.

PS..I'm asking your interpretation...not anything someone should remotely attempt to hold to as 'official pricing'.
    I should probably duck this one...but I wont lol.

By way of a disclaimer I will however say that I am not the guy setting prices nor do I know every aspect and cost of bringing a product all the way to market and these are my personal opinions.

I would hope that the economy version of the D5 Dual Bay would sell for under $100 or $110 and the top of the line for under $150. The economy version is the delrin D5 body in your choice of colors, the delrin motor mounting ring, and delrin top / rear plugs, again in your choice of colors. Laser cut 1/4" thick acrylic face/window with 3 "O" ring color choices. LED PCB (pre sleeved with the good stuff) with 4 UV, red, or blue LED's, and front power switches. Choice of Light bay cover color as well. Four of the delrin vibration dampening mounts in your color choice, and 3 choices of rubber pad colors, basic black socket head cap screws.

The upgrades would be the knurled aluminum billet motor mounting ring in black or silver (may add red/blue etc.), brass plugs plated silver or black chrome, or matte black chrome, machined aluminum 1/4" billet face plate and machined acrylic window with bevel, or the one piece multi-bay aluminum face plate, the full conversion machined aluminum motor mounting tube (same color choices as the knurled motor ring and face plate) with color matched delrin end cap. Vibration dampening mounts in aluminum (anodized, silver or black chrome, or matte black chrome) and chrome or aluminum socket head cap screws.

Again, they wont be "cheap" but only because the best materials, processes, and finishes are being used and those cost more to use and apply, and it HAS to be bullet proof, or as close as we can humanly get. Obviously gluing a bunch of flat sheet cut acrylic together into a box or injection molded plastic costs a lot less to manufacture then machining, annealing, plating, anodizing, acid dipping, polishing etc etc...

Now I have Snoop's quote in my head, "Some hookers are a thousand a night plus room service, and some are a buck a minute with free crabs". Funnier when he says it of course

Xtreme Addict
    So I don't suppose anyone in here has any information on the black powder coat used on the TJ07 type cases? I really want to offer that finish for the face plates but I have hit a wall finding it. Do you think it is even worth offering it as a color/finish option?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxGods View Post
    So I don't suppose anyone in here has any information on the black powder coat used on the TJ07 type cases? I really want to offer that finish for the face plates but I have hit a wall finding it. Do you think it is even worth offering it as a color/finish option?
    Being that I have a black TJ07 and am considering this res for my build I'm VERY interested in you using that color and finish.

I'm sure someone at Silverstone could help you out. You just need to find someone that speaks English.
    Intel I7 920 D0 @ 4.2g------------EK Supreme HF
    EVGA X58 SLI LE------------------EK-FB EVGA X58 LE
    nVidia GTX 580----------------------EK-FC580 GTX
    6g Corsair DDR3----------------DDC 3.2 w/ Petra's top
    OCZ 120g Vertex SSD------------------PA120.4
    WD 150g Raptor
    WD 500g
    ASUS Xonar DS
    HX1000 psu
    Silverstone TJ07 case

I am Xtreme
    Silverstone contacts being sent to you now Geno
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Member
    I should probably duck this one...but I wont lol.
    Thanks for the info....now I just need to haul a few more things out of the basement for the yard-sale and I'll be set

Xtreme Mentor
    Any news on a release? And whatcha got in the basement? Any goodies?
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

I can't wait for the release too

Really hope there is some sort of promotion for those who bought the not-to-be-named res.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Utnorris View Post
    Any news on a release? And whatcha got in the basement? Any goodies?
    Um...I might have some early samples in here shortly with the last changes. If I have one that is presentable I will see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhawk View Post
    I can't wait for the release too

Really hope there is some sort of promotion for those who bought the not-to-be-named res.
    I spoke with Jeremy from DD about that and he is mulling it over, but his initial response was not all that receptive lol. I will let you all know what they decide.

I have gotten messages from people who have recently received a "T4" but so far I have been told it "looks like ass" and has pretty weak performance numbers, but I have not seen one personally yet so no idea if it is still injection molded or if they followed me and are machining delrin--I will be curious to see how much of my design they knocked off. Hopefully Primo will finally take care of the customers with T3 issues.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Any idea when we could order one of these?
    Desktop
    [Asus Rampage III Gene] [i7 920 D0] [12GB OCZ3B2000C9LV6GK] [HIS HD 5970] [SeaSonic X750 Gold ] [Windows 7 (64bit)] [OCZ Vertex 30GB x3 Raid0] [Koolance CPU 360] [XSPC Razer 5970] [TFC 360 rad, D5 w/ Koolance RP-450X2]
    HTPC
    [Origen AE S10V] [MSI H57M-ED65] [ i5-661 w/ Scythe Big Shuriken] [Kingston HyperX LoVo 4GB ] [ SeaSonic X650 Gold ] [ OCZ Vertex 30GB SSD ] [ SAMSUNG Spinpoint 640GB 7200 RPM 2.5"][Panasonic UJ-225 Blu-ray Slot Burner] [ Ceton InfiniTV4]

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Diverge View Post
    Any idea when we could order one of these?
    They (DD) are still saying 2 to 4 weeks out. I will let you know a firm date as soon as they give me one.

G

Xtreme Member
    So in other words 2-4 months
    CoolerMaster Stacker STC-T01 | Gigabyte P45-UD3P | Q9550 @ 4GHz 1.30v | 2x2GB G.Skill 8500 | Gigabyte 6950 Flashed to 6970 | Auzentech X-Fi Forte | Seasonic x-750

Loop 1:Laning DDC3.2 XSPC Res Top, Swiftech GTZ & MCR 320

PetrasTech.com R.I.P.
    Team Group Ram

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SkItZo View Post
    So in other words 2-4 months
    Feels like it some days lol. Should be soon though as they have me working on the instructions for the box and web video...I would rather be playing Civ V so it's torture for me.

It was 2-4 weeks about 2-4 weeks ago :P. All kidding aside I can't wait to get my hands on the 5 slot one. Write faster BG!

Xtreme Guru
    I think BG isn't doing enough to get it out on time. It's all his fault. Don't make us get the hammer G.
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime359 View Post
    I think BG isn't doing enough to get it out on time. It's all his fault. Don't make us get the hammer G.
    I would tell you but it is NDA. actually, all the pics and info here is NDA, so please unread the thread
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    I would tell you but it is NDA. actually, all the pics and info here is NDA, so please unread the thread
    But ..... I can't. It is engraved in my brain.

I'll just blame it on you again DB. That always works.

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime359 View Post
    but ..... I can't. It is engraved in my brain.

i'll just blame it on you again db. That always works.
    fester

Xtreme Member
    Haha, yeah BG. Stop wasting time you slacker.
    P.S. This is what happens when you try to do the right thing by people and give them a date on a product, they get antsy
    Either way, here's hoping that this turns out as good as it looks
    CoolerMaster Stacker STC-T01 | Gigabyte P45-UD3P | Q9550 @ 4GHz 1.30v | 2x2GB G.Skill 8500 | Gigabyte 6950 Flashed to 6970 | Auzentech X-Fi Forte | Seasonic x-750

PetrasTech.com R.I.P.
    Team Group Ram

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbeavis View Post
    fester
    hahaha

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SkItZo View Post
    Haha, yeah BG. Stop wasting time you slacker.
    P.S. This is what happens when you try to do the right thing by people and give them a date on a product, they get antsy
    Either way, here's hoping that this turns out as good as it looks
    Thanks. I would LOVE to blame DD for the waiting as I know it is a drag, but those guys are amazingly thorough. I also made it really hard on them for marketing/packaging/sku's as there are literally like 12 products or more in the line and almost all of them can share at least some parts so users have a modular system and all have like 10 different color or finish choices and 2 or 3 "levels"--basic, mid level, and premium.

Point being to me the more choices guys have the less they have to bend their build to the part, but all that choice becomes a bit of a nightmare to figure out kits, pricing points, packaging etc.

They are jamming away at it though so it WILL get here soon.
    Last edited by BoxGods; 09-23-2010 at 12:06 PM.

Xtreme Member
    I'm more than happy to wait for a quality product which is exactly what this is sounding like and then some

PetrasTech.com R.I.P.
    Team Group Ram

CLEAR!!! ZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAPPPP!!!

Sorry had to res it to see if there was any new info on these.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranie909 View Post
    CLEAR!!! ZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAPPPP!!!

Sorry had to res it to see if there was any new info on these.
    That is actually...really funny lol.

About all I can "report" is that DD has settled on the marketing/packaging model of a basic and a premium, likely in the black livery and then offering all the colors, finishes, and upgrades a la carte via the DD store and any resellers wanting to offer all the SKU's. That means there will be pre packaged premium and basic models for those wanting to avoid a bunch of choices, and a build your own pick and choose method for the rest of us.

My earlier post guessing on the price seems to be pretty close also, though I have been told not to comment on a specific price till all the numbers are in and DD sends out a press release.

The first manufacturing run has begun, but again I am not really supposed to post any actual ship dates...wait for the press release. I know I know.

To quote King Selfy, "Le Sigh".

I am Xtreme
    That is actually...really funny lol.

About all I can "report" is that DD has settled on the marketing/packaging model of a basic and a premium, likely in the black livery and then offering all the colors, finishes, and upgrades a la carte via the DD store and any resellers wanting to offer all the SKU's. That means there will be pre packaged premium and basic models for those wanting to avoid a bunch of choices, and a build your own pick and choose method for the rest of us.

My earlier post guessing on the price seems to be pretty close also, though I have been told not to comment on a specific price till all the numbers are in and DD sends out a press release.

The first manufacturing run has begun, but again I am not really supposed to post any actual ship dates...wait for the press release. I know I know.

To quote King Selfy, "Le Sigh".
    500 dollah?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsobnuVXvs4

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast