Xtreme Mentor
    Nice! Do they come in green?
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Addict
    Reposting so you guys don't have to click back:

**POST #974**

Getting close enough to launching that I can release a little more information -- still 20 - 30 days off though.

At launch:

The D5 Premium will be available in Matte Black, Chrome, Red, Blue, and white and MSRP is $99.95 (I have had some requests to add the green at launch which we will do if at all possible)

The D5 Basic will be available in Matte Black only and MSRP is $79.95 (see color kits pricing below)

The DDC Premium will be available in Matte Black only and MSRP is $94.95 (If you want more colors available start harassing...I mean emailing your favorite reseller (not me) and ask them to show the DDC some love!)

The DBR (Dual Bay Reservoir - 6 ports) will launch in Matte Black, Chrome, Red, Blue, and White (see green comment above) for MSRP $56.95 with optional color kits for MSRP $9.95

For a limited time we will be including a free Silver Bullet Antimicrobial plug with every model (not just the Premium versions in other words).

MSRP = Manufacturers Suggested Retail Pricing for those across the pond =)

**POST #975**

To clarify on the color kits. They include the plugs, button switches, and screws as shown below.

Last edited by BoxGods; 03-09-2013 at 06:12 PM.

Xtreme Member
    All the bodies will be black though?

Xtreme Addict
    Yes.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxGods View Post
    (March,2012)We have ended production on Monsoon and are gearing up for Series Two. Adding a bunch of goodies =) I will be posting some info and pictures as we get a little closer to launching. Hoping mid or late April.
    (May,2012)I hesitate to say this but we are actually a week ahead of schedule for a change--knock on wood. Still looking good for late May early June for the Series Two D5 Single. I will keep you guys updated
    (June,2012)We are shooting for middle of July but figure late July just to be safe. I will update as we get closer. DDC version will launch at the same time.
    (July,2012)I have a bunch here for torture testing. So far so good. We are still sorting out the new LED PCB and fine tuning the new Isolation mounting (very cool). Knock wood no issues so far. I am hoping by the end of the month , maybe a little sooner. I will keep the thread updated. They are beautiful, I think most of you guys will be pleased.
    (October,2012)Yes we are going on production but they are still about a month or so out from shipping. We will have resellers in Europe also so your covered.
    (October,2012)We are rolling on them now so in time for the Christmas season...20 to 30 days is the goal/hope/plan.
    (November,2012)We are actually in production now with the goal being to ship by or near the 25th. Obviously sooner if possible. Please keep in mind this is an estimate and it could be pushed back a week or so. As a manufacturer I hate giving shipping estimates because there are so many variables, but as a customer I also know how frustrating it is waiting without any clue--Yes I am talking to you ASUS and your dammed Transformer Book!
    (December,2012)It's looking like a mid to late January ship date for these. Sorry for the delay. Have to make sure they are right =)
    (February,2013)All the sub components, (bodies, screws, LED PCBA's etc.) are done and in house, all the packaging/boxes are done. Working on assembly. The Chinese New Year holiday has thrown a bit of a wrench in the schedule but we should still be shipping by the end of the month "ish".
    (March 1st,2013)Still assembling. Yes we will be launching the DDC and D5 models at the same time. We found a small issue with the power wires to the LED boards (Special thanks to one of our unofficial Beta testers!) so we are waiting on the replacements. My track record with launch dates is pretty crappy but about 20 days "ish" to ship.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbreslin View Post
    No problem, I will ask you again on the 1st of April.
    So I am here asking for an update as I said I would be.

My real upgrade is not until the end of the year so there is no real hurry for me. But I will tell you for the gen 1 res's I eventually went with XSPC because this same (massive) delay happened between when you announced and when you shipped. You have not asked for my opinion, and I do not run a pc parts fabrication/sales business. However, it seems to me that it can not possibly be useful to announce a product soooooooo far in advance? Especially considering you had the experience of the first res to draw on and would have known from that experience that you weren't anywhere close to launching in mid-late April, 2012, nearly a year ago?
    slowpoke:
    mm ascension
    gigabyte x58a-ud7
    980x@4.4ghz (29x152) 1.392 vcore 24/7
    corsair dominator gt 6gb 1824mhz 7-7-7-19
    2xEVGA GTX TITAN
    storage: samsung 2tb f3
    cooling:
    loop1: mcp350>pa120.4>ek supreme hf
    loop2: mcp355>2xpa120.3>>ek nb/sb
    22x scythe s-flex "F"

Xtreme Addict
    Your 100% correct of course. I actually waited quite a while on the original announcement till I felt reasonably sure of the launch date...and the little delays still piled on. The curse of a little company with limited resources trying to do big things =)

On the plus side they are being shoved into their boxes at this very moment...well into their protective foam sleeves ready for boxes... because the boxes were DELAYED from the printers (one of those many little things I mentioned). Almost there guys. Almost there!

Xtreme Member
    The supreme land of rules and regulations
    Awesome news! Do you happen to know if any of these will be shipping to Europe at release?
    If I'm a danger to myself just think what I could do to you.

Xtreme Addict
    AT has not ordered yet but I imagine they will. If not them somebody else will...so Europe will get them about a month later. Sorry for the lag for Europe and Australia but we really can't build them fast enough to ship to everyone at launch.

Xtreme Addict
    I have some production samples here we have been testing/beating on and I will try to get a little bit of video up for you guys to see the DDC version, the new LED lighting, and the new isolation mounting system in the next day or two...or three lol.

Xtreme Addict
    Here is the video. When I sat down to make it my front photo light bulb burned out so it is a little dark. Sorry. I also keep calling the 6 port reservoir the 6 bay reservoir--obviously it is a dual bay with 6 ports. I didn't want the file to be huge from a 20 minute movie so I didn't go over all the little features but I think I covered most of the high lights. Speaking of lights, the glow is a lot more even when there is fluid in the reservoir.

http://geno.boxgods.com/monsoon_s2.mkv

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Would there be room for the usb cable coming out the back on the aquacomputer d5 w/usb?
    slowpoke:
    mm ascension
    gigabyte x58a-ud7
    2xEVGA GTX TITAN
    cooling:
    22x scythe s-flex "F"

Xtreme Addict
    Would there be room for the usb cable coming out the back on the aquacomputer d5 w/usb?
    I am not really sure what that is or means...a product I am not familiar with...maybe one of the other guys can answer?

Xtreme Addict
    I don't have one of those to physically confirm it but I can tell you that if it is the same physical size as "normal" D5 (which it looks like in their pictures) then you have just over 6mm between the back face of the D5 and the inner face of the motor tube cover. If you installed the Motor tube cover not fully seated (which you can easily do with the set screws) you could stretch that to just over 8mm. If the USB pins on your plug are the normal motherboard type I do think there is room--again that is assuming the aqua computer pump is the same dimensions as a standard D5. You might have to pull the little foam sound insulation pad out (no great shakes). If you did find the fit a little too close you could either drill a small hole in the cover or alternatively just leave it off.

So short answer is Yes it should work with that pump.

If you try it please let us know. If I am wrong and it doesn't fit I would be happy to machine you a cover that does bundymania.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I think he was only posting to show you what pump I was talking about. At any rate I'm still in for 2 black d5 premiums. All the black really makes the stainless screws stand out hopefully they aren't so noticeable. Both the d5 and the ddc version look awesome. Looking forward to finally ditching the huge XSPC lettering on the front of my case.
    slowpoke:
    mm ascension
    gigabyte x58a-ud7
    2xEVGA GTX TITAN
    cooling:
    22x scythe s-flex "F"

Xtreme Member
    nice video. man now i can't decide between the 6 port one without the pump and the one with the D5 pump mount. might just get the one with the D5 pump mount and then the 6port back plate so i can choose between..
    GIGABYTE G1.Sniper
    I7 950---12GB F3-12800CL9T-12GBSR--GTX 460 hawk talon attack--300gb velociraptor
    PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad

ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
    i7 2600k---GTX560 ti 2gb----16gb mushkin 997005---120gb mushkin chronos deluxe
    PC power & cooling 750 quad

Xtreme Addict
    I think he was only posting to show you what pump I was talking about. At any rate I'm still in for 2 black d5 premiums. All the black really makes the stainless screws stand out hopefully they aren't so noticeable. Both the d5 and the ddc version look awesome. Looking forward to finally ditching the huge XSPC lettering on the front of my case.
    Whoops yes he was--Thanks bundymania. The screws only stand out if you want them to as in red/blue/chrome etc. It also comes in all black.

Quote Originally Posted by 95blackz26 View Post
    nice video. man now i can't decide between the 6 port one without the pump and the one with the D5 pump mount. might just get the one with the D5 pump mount and then the 6port back plate so i can choose between..
    Yeah the modular assembly will make changes from build to build a bit cheaper. I even have a full line of tube reservoirs coming that share some common parts so the range will be pretty extensive.

Xtreme Member
    Whoops yes he was--Thanks bundymania. The screws only stand out if you want them to as in red/blue/chrome etc. It also comes in all black.

Yeah the modular assembly will make changes from build to build a bit cheaper. I even have a full line of tube reservoirs coming that share some common parts so the range will be pretty extensive.
    Hey BG, I have a question... Does the DDC version dampen sound at all?

See, I have one of those DIYINHK white boards in a pump housing that had died. It is a strong pump, but they are loud with no PWM regualtion. It spins fast. In the XSPC dual bay reservoir top, even the MCP35X is loud. I have the MCP35X in my 800D, which is tool-less, so it vibrates. Loudly.

The DDc-1T with the DIYINHK board has a whine sound to it, and is loud, and that is just on the table.

If it doesn't, I plan on buying just the reservoir by itself, and putting the pump in the bottom of the case, surrounded by sound dampening material.

If it does dampen sound, I will spend even more money, and infact, will be buying two.

Xtreme Addict
    I can't say whether or not it will work with your DITINHK (no idea what that is really) but I can say we have done just about everything possible to reduce noise. IMO the new isolation mounts are the best in ANY bay reservoir period and that is one of the bigger sources of noise because it stops most of the vibration before it makes it to your chassis and makes that "I can't really tell where it is coming from" squeak/buzz/hum. I highlighted the word noise because there really is a difference between noise and sound. I classify noise as a sound that is irritating and that chassis buzz from loosely fitted panels is very annoying. If you have ever beat on the dashboard of an old car trying to get that buzzing sound to stop then you know what I mean =)

The motor mounting cover is also a HEAVY ass single part machined from solid aluminum so it blocks a lot of the actual pump sound without heating up the pump. If you want to go one step farther you can replace the mesh behind the grill slots with a solid material (like a plastic) and stop any sound from escaping from there. Lastly the baffle cavities around the body do a surprisingly good job of redirecting sound waves and bleeding off their energy. They will even "catch" some of the sound waves from any optical drive mounted above the reservoir and bleed off some of their energy.

Maybe try it and if your pumps still too loud just get the 6 port back and use it as a reservoir. We make some rubber feet for pump mounting in your case called Zen Mounts. Pretty beefy silicone parts.
    Last edited by BoxGods; 04-11-2013 at 03:32 AM. Reason: added last line

My pump has a knob for speed and with the cover, I wouldnt be able to change speeds. Like the Bitspower mod kit has holes that can align up with the speed dial. Maybe a cap could be made for those who have pumps that have the knob, Because once that cap is on, You cant change the speed.

Will the res bottom row, middle of this pic be released too? The 1 with just the black pump ring and not the long one?

http://geno.boxgods.com/series_two_back.jpg
    Last edited by fantomau; 04-13-2013 at 05:39 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    I would personally rather have it look good considering 99% of users just run them all out anyway. You can also very easily remove the cover with 2 set screws for the 1 or 2 times in the life of the build you might adjust the speed. The way ours is set up it also lets you place the power wire exit where you want for the cleanest possible wire runs. Again...I would personally prefer the cleanest nicest look possible so that is the direction we went.

Yes that model is the D5 Basic and comes with a PVC pump mounting ring instead of the aluminum tube with end cap.
    Last edited by BoxGods; 04-13-2013 at 05:57 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    New boxes FINALLY showed up from the printers and are being stuffed as we speak!

Parts should start shipping out Monday hopefully with some resellers having them up by Friday.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Nice! Video helped a lot to see the updates. I like the multiple color LED now and memory function. I also really like the mounting decoupler, no other bay reservoir comes close to that sort of decoupling effort in a drive bay.

Xtreme Addict
    Oh man...DECOUPLING was the word I was racking my brain for...

Xtreme Member
    Any ETA on when monsoon tubing,cutters and fluids will be available?

Carnage

[Silverstone TJ11] [Silverstone 1200w]
    [EVGA Z77 FTW] [I5 2500k] [8gb Samsung 30nm]
    [Sapphire HD 7970]
    [Sound Blaster Titanium HD] [Sennheiser PC360]
    [Patriot Wildfire 120gb] [Seagate 1.5tb 7200pm]
    [Steelseries Sensei w/ I-2 Mousepad] [24" 1920x1200 Samsung]

Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3037383940414243 LastLast