Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3542434445
Results 1,101 to 1,114 of 1114

Thread: How to: Arima AMD Opteron Quad Core Socket F 3000 series

Nice, I'll send you PM in couple hours.
    Heatsinks Mods
    Arima F3000 BIOS : 1.0.0 : 1.0.4 : 1.0.6

Xtreme Member
    Has anybody tried Ubuntu 13.10 with Mir on their board?

Xtreme Member

Xtreme Member
    Are you really running Windows Server 2000, or is that a VM?

Xtreme Member
    Sorry, just saw your reply!

Yes it's running, only problem is that I have tried everything I can think of to get a multi processor HAL and kernel to boot, but without any luck.

Xtreme Member
    Hello community,
    i would like to inform you that i have found two bios programs that can actually open and program the Arima bios.I am doing my study at the moment regarding AGESA code and ACPI full implementation.Please note that this is an EFI Ami bios and thus needs the aptio programs.If anyone could help.please shed some light.
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/owfsdf
    http://www.ulozto.net/xjFz9aG/ami-ap...v4-50-0-23-rar

Xtreme Member
    We've been able to get that far for a long time, the problem is doing more than just extracting the BIOS modules.

Xtreme Member
    Hello community,
    last day i was running some benchmarks on both 4way arimas http://unigine.com/products/benchmarks/ and i saw that i was getting more speed when all 16 modules were populated Vs to 4 rams.Just reporting.

Question Need info on PSU used to power Arima

Quote Originally Posted by AmiJIm View Post
    Hello community,
    last day i was running some benchmarks on both 4way arimas http://unigine.com/products/benchmarks/ and i saw that i was getting more speed when all 16 modules were populated Vs to 4 rams.Just reporting.

Ok, getting the correct 5300R ECC Ram, and 8347 x 4 (came with 4 x 2347, board will only use 2 of those). Can get 3 more cpu fans.

Big question: had bought 750W PSU, not realizing at the time (2 years ago), that the mainboard connectors had to have 12V to all pins. So have to get the correct PSU. What kinds do you all recommend and the best sources?

Thanks,
    David in Tucson

Quote Originally Posted by confusis View Post
    What I'd be concerned about is reverse voltages and whatnot by running the atx. Good chance the board has protections so you may be ok Where are you located btw?
    Hi Confusis, thanks for your response. It's a year later and with brain damage, it's been difficult. Got into a car accident mid January (T-boned by red light runner) and insurance gave me a check for truck. Bought DDR2-5300R 2GBx19 sticks and 4 x 8347 HE opterons. Just caught up on earlier parts of the thread and saw how I can rewire my PSU to put out 12v and grounds per your illustrations for the mobo mains.

I live in Tucson. IF I can get the first cpu to work, then I'll buy the other the cpu fans for the board. Otherwise, main end up selling it here... It's a blue board.

Hope to click with you again and get this up and running.

Xtreme Member
    Hi Charonjr, please do post any questions you have. I always check if there are updates on this thread.

Xtreme Member
    Updating the AGESA code.I just saw this for intel users.I wonder if the can use it to update the agesa code.Can anybody help?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AmiJIm View Post
    Updating the AGESA code.I just saw this for intel users.I wonder if the can use it to update the agesa code.Can anybody help?
    Was there meant to be a link in the post AmiJIm?

Xtreme Member
    Hello past, hello modders. I THINK we may have a solution to the windows saga. It is called rEFInd and is meant to be a boot loader inside efi. Have a look. https://www.rodsbooks.com/refind/ins...g.html#winprob

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3542434445