Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Results posted must have bandwidth tests

Xtreme Legend
    im not opposing or caring or not caring about anything but rather just looking at this from what this section was used for over the years and that is frequency RAM overclocking. I dont really get into that sort of thing myself and prefer performance based OC but at the same time i like watching these guys put the effort into getting every last MHz. What this section has been about is that...every last MHz. Mhz hunting is contradictory to bandwidth hunting. This section is as much about RAM OC as IMC stregth on CPUs. This sort of stuff is not easy to achieve and is much more exciting to a lot of guys than looking at raw bandwidth screenshots which mean what....i donno i certainly wouldnt bother with everest unless i was troubleshooting and finding things out in initial stages of ram testing

It is the same deal with CPU MHz OC for example where you pick your strongest core to shoot for best clocks or you use crazy low QPI on clarkdale for example to be able to reach the highest frequency such as a recent cracker effort from duck on 655K....It's the same thing to me. You wouldnt ask duck-san to run vantage CPU test at that frequency or any other form of intense CPU testing to prove it not running in crippled more even though it is
    Last edited by dinos22; 09-06-2010 at 05:07 PM.
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Member
    Well said Dinos

I prefer also perfomance based oc but i like to see that high numbers here too....

It is not easy to push memory to the last MHz and i think there is no need to show some crappy Everest Benchmark

CPU-Z is the official validation and needed to prove WR's.

If B2B (i never use) makes that big difference in max. mhz the guys should report (or show cpu tweaker) what B2B used but...

...it is similar to cpu mhz hunting: It is more easy to push a Core i7 920 to BCLK 250+ with low qpi speed but it will be a regular WR (even if the other guy is using "normal" qpi speed and can't get same mhz cause of this fact).

I like this section and i would love to see raw memory mhz power in future here too

Turkey Man
    For me, i felt this section was good to cover all bases of RAM overclocking and performance.
    For instance the latest thread about where teh Hyper ICs might still be coming from, the death list of a particular IC type, and the max overclocking results of PCS do not really belong here anymore if we play by the new rules.

I am Xtreme
    guys keep posting frozen rams.....

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Makes sense to me. Xtreme bandwidth = xtreme bandwidth. XOC section for super cooling/suicides sp32m whatever.

What doesn't make sense to me is why it's such a big deal. It's not like everest/sandra bandwidth tests take forever to run

System specs are in sig.

Lian Li PC-V2100BplusII
    Enermax Galaxy 1000W (one over F noise!!)
    GIGABYTE EX58 Extreme
    Intel Core i7 920 @3Ghz (1.275v)
    Corsair CM3X4096-1600C7DHXIN ver3.1 1.9v(1.7v)@740Mhz
    ATI HD4879X2 GPU@500Mhz Mem@500Mhz
    OCZ Vertex 2 Raid 0
    WD VelociRaptor Riad 0
    Windows 7 64bit OEM
    Cooling:
    1x D-TEK Fuzion 2x Swiftech MCW60
    3x Laing DDC-1PlusT in serial @ 1.3 bar
    Thermochill PA120.3
    1/2" Tubing all quick disconnects
    3x LOOP PARALLEL

Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    Marc, it is sad to see people exploiting/clueless to B2B to fudge results.

Look at Mat's results of 3Ghz yet he stats bandwidth was bad...

Look at your results, you exploited B2B to the fullest without a single bandwidth test.

Lastly, this is the "Xtreme Bandwidth" section, not the "Xtreme B2B exploit" section.
    QFT Its sad to see even now though some time after this thread went up people still posting saying X memory can do X speed, showing CPU-Z and the like, but no bandwidth results Such offenders that repeatedly do this should get a temp. ban IMO to learn them.

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Xtremely Retired OC'er
    Everest tools old and new makes diferent scores.
    Is there any other tool to test bandwidth?

fredeb
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolasz View Post
    Everest tools old and new makes diferent scores.
    Is there any other tool to test bandwidth?
    Aida bought Everest out , so one could use Aida64 Extreme edition . Si software Sandra have some mem bandwidth tests .

It's interesting to see comparative results eg. Lower speed / lower latency vs. Higher speed / higher latency ; dual channel vs triple channel vs quad channel memory . Would be cool if ppl posted uncore frequencies , ND Qpi Link Speeds .

Aida64 home

Xtreme Enthusiast
    :0 this thread went out the window I think.....looked great,topic header wise!
    Stacker830 Watercooled
    windows7 ultimate 64 bit!!!
    heatkiller(rev3) on 2500k@ 4.5ghz 1.35v,8 gigs 2133 ripjaws 1.5v
    Swiftech Mcp-655,1/2in tygon,13x120 sunnons on junk ps,
    (2)triple 120mm rads,Biostar TP67XE(rev 5.2)
    150 gig velicraptor (stable drive) ssds r still buggy!!
    xfi-xtrememusic,klipsch ultras, sen hd-595s
    Evga Hydro gtX 590,co0lermaster-1250 watt,
    24" Sony fw-900 black ops at @ 2304x1440 85hz/85fps SOLID
    G@m3r 4 L1Fe!!

http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j1...0VIEW%20ALL--/
    3dmark 11 http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1102387

Xtreme Member
    What do you recommend to use for benchmarking memory bandwidth in Linux (specifically SuSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 12 SP1)?

Thanks.
    flow man:
    du/dt + u dot del u = - del P / rho + v vector_Laplacian u
    {\partial\mathbf{u}\over\partial t}+\mathbf{u}\cdot\nabla\mathbf{u} = -{\nabla P\over\rho} + \nu\nabla^2\mathbf{u}

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12