Thread: Results posted must have bandwidth tests

Threaded View

Xtreme Legend
    im not opposing or caring or not caring about anything but rather just looking at this from what this section was used for over the years and that is frequency RAM overclocking. I dont really get into that sort of thing myself and prefer performance based OC but at the same time i like watching these guys put the effort into getting every last MHz. What this section has been about is that...every last MHz. Mhz hunting is contradictory to bandwidth hunting. This section is as much about RAM OC as IMC stregth on CPUs. This sort of stuff is not easy to achieve and is much more exciting to a lot of guys than looking at raw bandwidth screenshots which mean what....i donno i certainly wouldnt bother with everest unless i was troubleshooting and finding things out in initial stages of ram testing

It is the same deal with CPU MHz OC for example where you pick your strongest core to shoot for best clocks or you use crazy low QPI on clarkdale for example to be able to reach the highest frequency such as a recent cracker effort from duck on 655K....It's the same thing to me. You wouldnt ask duck-san to run vantage CPU test at that frequency or any other form of intense CPU testing to prove it not running in crippled more even though it is
    Last edited by dinos22; 09-06-2010 at 05:07 PM.
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?