Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RMA CMG6GX3M3A2000C7 to CMT6GX3M3A2000C8?

Corsair Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Telo View Post
    Wow, not one reply from Corsair in this thread. It really makes me question their reputation now. And here I was thinking on shelling out $400 for their 12GB kit [CMT12GX3M3A2000C9], and maybe another $240 for their 8GB kit [CMT8GX3M4A1866C9].

I guess they spent all the good chips on those ridiculously high priced sticks they sell on their own store.
    What would you like Tech Support to comment on? This matter is already in the hands of Customer Service which is where it belongs.
    Yes, Yellowbeard, a tall rough man with a big yellow beard

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
    What would you like Tech Support to comment on? This matter is already in the hands of Customer Service which is where it belongs.
    Well, I believe that the discussion deserved a reply from someone in your company. The title of your forum is "Corsair Product Support", by definition it means any support your company could offer, not just technical.

Ol' Faithful - Retired...

- Foxconn BlackOps - E8600 @ 4.5GHz, 1.32v - 8GB Patriot Division2 @ 1600 8-8-8-20 - OCZ Apex 120GB SSD - XFX HD6870 1GB Black Edition - BFG Ageia Physx - ULTRA X3 ULT40064 1000w - Cosmos RC-1000 - Gateway XHD3000 30"
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOP SECRET:

- EVGA Classified3 - i7 950 @ 4.25Ghz on 1.30v - 24GB Kingston HyperX @ 9-9-9-24 1600Mhz - XFX HD6970 v1.0 2GB @ 950/1450 - Diamond HD6970 v1.0 2GB @ 950/1450 - XFX 9800GT - SB X-Fi Fatal1ty Titanium Champion
    - 510 120GB SSD - CoolerMaster Silent Pro 1000w - Stacker 830 [Custom painted in Classified theme] - 3x 23" LG E2381VR SuperLED @ 5760x1080 - Yamaha RX-V371 Receiver - Martin Logan MTL-1 5.1ch Surround Speakers
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silver Bullet

- ASUS M4E-Z - i7 3770k @ 5Ghz - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite - HD 7970 3GB - 2x Corsair Force3 120GB SSD [RAID0] - ULTRA X4 1000w PSU

Corsair Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Telo View Post
    Well, I believe that the discussion deserved a reply from someone in your company. The title of your forum is "Corsair Product Support", by definition it means any support your company could offer, not just technical.
    OK. Please point out the portion you think I should take notice of an reply to. If I can help out, I will. However, unless the OP has a specific question for me, he is already being assisted.

It would not make any sense for me to insert myself into a customer service issue unless asked to by either the OP or Customer Service. If the OP is dissatisfied with Customer Service, he has direct contact with them. So, I cannot assist there. If the OP is dissatisfied with Tech Support, or has questions for me, then I expect that he will post them.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reflex1 View Post
    The CMT6GX3M3A2000C8 stuff sucks, in my system anyways. I couldn't get it stable, and there have been others with the same issue. However with all fairness, there are others who have great oc results with it (see xtreme bandwidth section).

But from my personal experience I wouldn't take it. I sold mine on after a week. So whats happened, have you guys accepted the ram or the cash?
    Has to do with your VTT's my friend, I got the set to up to around 2133 at 1.67v and 8-9-8 24 1T stock timings. 980x of course.

I can't get it stable on my 920 on R2E only tried up to 1.41VTT
    Project Elegant Dreams
    CPU: Intel 980x (3005F803T) @ Stock , Mobo: Rampage III Extreme, Ram: 24GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 C9 1T 1.51v GPU: SLI EK'd Vanilla GTX580, 0.875v @ idle.
    Sound:Asus Xonar Xense w/Sennheiser PC350
    SSD: 2x OCZ Agility 3 120GB RAID-0 on ICH10 Storage: 2x1.5TB Hitachi 5K3000, 1.5TB WD Black, 1TB F3, various other HDD's Case: Obsidian 800D, PSU: Corsair AX1200,

Water Cooling
    Main Loop
    EK Supreme HF
    EK GTX480 blocks on EVGA 580s
    MCP355 and MCP35X in serial
    Dual BlackIce GTX480 Rads

I am Xtreme
    OK. Please point out the portion you think I should take notice of an reply to. If I can help out, I will. However, unless the OP has a specific question for me, he is already being assisted.

It would not make any sense for me to insert myself into a customer service issue unless asked to by either the OP or Customer Service. If the OP is dissatisfied with Customer Service, he has direct contact with them. So, I cannot assist there. If the OP is dissatisfied with Tech Support, or has questions for me, then I expect that he will post them.
    What's a ballpark figure for turn-around time on a RMA? Sent some back two weeks ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie27 View Post
    What's a ballpark figure for turn-around time on a RMA? Sent some back two weeks ago.
    Too damn long. It took a little over a month I think for me to receive mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkItZo View Post
    Any worklog of the girl in your avatar?
    HEAT
    EBAY

Project Slumber Parties aka PSP Liquid Cooling Work Log

Corsair Rep
    You would need to ask customer service about turn around your RMA. www.corsair.com

I am Xtreme
    You would need to ask customer service about turn around your RMA. www.corsair.com
    I did!
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Just a note since thread has been rez'd, c8 works perfect on r3e on bios 1207 on. my kit sucked on it before when I upgraded mb, but the bios update made it sing.

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk
    MagisD

6 Quad rads 1 case Maybe I went a little overboard....Overkill Cube

I am Xtreme
    Got my RAM Monday night BTW! I never took it out the box and plan to sell it. I'd asked them if they'd replace it with cheaper, slower 1.5v RAM and they wouldn't. Understandable but oh well. Thanks Corsair!

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

Corsair Rep
    Why would you want cheaper, slower, 1.5v RAM???

I am Xtreme
    Why would you want cheaper, slower, 1.5v RAM???
    So I can run it stable at 1066 and 1.5v. I'm running quiet, not overclocked and cool. I ordered this RAM because the one I really wanted was out of stock at the time.

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

Corsair Rep
    The RAM you have will run 1066 at 1.5v. That's JEDEC spec and what's on the SPD.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12