Thread: AMD Catalyst 11.4 (Official, WHQL) + CAPs

I am Xtreme
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    quick, to the update machine!

11.4 preview didn't play nice with League of Legends and 11.3 crashed when doing game + movie on 2nd screen. Maybe 11.4 final resolved it!

Yay, firefox 4 doesn't crash anymore!
    Last edited by antiacid; 04-27-2011 at 09:08 PM.

I am Xtreme
    Release notes
    GPU Compute enhancements:

The OpenCL runtime (included in AMD Catalyst 11.4) includes performance enhancements supporting zero-copy on APUs and increased performance for PCIe transfers between a CPU and discrete GPU.

Performance Enhancements
    A number of performance enhancements are seen with the AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series and AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series:

Call of Duty Black Ops – gains of up to 15% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single GPU configurations.
    Battleforge – gains of up to 15% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single and multiple GPU configurations.
    Batman Arkham Asylum – gains of up to 20% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single and multiple GPU configurations.
    Aliens vs. Predator – gains of up to 8% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single and multiple GPU configurations.
    Civilization 5 – gains of up to 15% on single and multiple GPU configurations.
    Far Cry 2 – gains of up to 6% on single and multiple GPU configurations.
    Just Cause 2 – gains of up to 9% on single and multiple GPU configurations.
    Lost Planet 2 – gains of up to 10% on single and multiple GPU configurations.

Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System
    This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst 11.4 software suite for Windows 7. These include:

The GPU no longer shows high GPU usage after running Firefox 4 with hardware acceleration enabled.
    Bioshock no longer displays random tearing and screen corruption with Vsync and MLAA enabled.
    Water textures no longer flicker in Two Worlds II in Crossfire mode.
    Bulletstorm lightshafts no longer appear broken when running on a HD 6970 series product.
    Bulletstorm no longer displays random texture corruption when running in Crossfire mode.
    FI 2010 no longer slows down intermittently when in Crossfire mode.
    PowerDVD no longer crashes if Crossfire is enabled / disabled during playback of a BD title.
    WinDVD no longer displays corrupted BD playback when the monitor is rotated to portrait mode.
    Crysis Warhead corruption is no longer randomly observed when launching the game.
    Running the Heaven benchmark no longer displays graphics corruption during DirectX 11 tests.
    Catalyst Control Center Avivo settings are now correctly displayed after connecting a secondary display.
    The Catalyst Control Center screen no longer flickers while adjusting screen brightness.
    Last edited by zalbard; 04-27-2011 at 11:05 AM.
    Donate to XS forums
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Member
    I have noticed that these drivers also seem to fix the issue with your mouse lagging in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
    "TV and the internet are good because they keep stupid people form spending too much time out in public."
    -jPod, by Douglas Coupland

"There is no Todd"
    -Dilbert, by Scott Adams

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ABXG View Post
    I have noticed that these drivers also seem to fix the issue with your mouse lagging in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
    Great!!! I'll try them asap...

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by ABXG View Post
    Not fixed for me, and they are still working on the issue, according to CatalystCreator's Twitter message.
    Donate to XS forums

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I can confirm that 11.4 whql has fuked up crossfirex fps in Crysis 2. Back to 11.4 preview (mar23) + 11.3 cap3 for Crysis 2.

Hey peeps

I keep arriving at this outcome after several attempts to install ver 11.4

AMD APP SDK Runtime
    Final Status: Fail

The rest of the installations were successful

Any solutions to this problem? I have used the latest driver sweepers to do clean removal of all previous installations and registry. So far, nothing seems to be affected but leaving out a 90mb file from the installation just made me paranoid.

I'm running on a HD5970 btw.

*EDIT: It seems like the driver has screwed up my CCCP as well. Tried playing a video using CCCP but getting error messages.
    **EDIT: It seems like driver sweepers removed some of the files on CCCP. I did a reinstallation and enabled previous settings and all files seem to run fine. I am still unable to get AMD APP to install.
    Last edited by zedane; 04-27-2011 at 11:17 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Did you try to install it under Admin mode?

I think i tried in admin mode and normal user mode. Both yield the same result. I don't really get what this advance parallel processing by amd can do. IIRC version 10 and before drivers do not have any of those APP software.

Any1 encountering this issue as well? Seems like APP is not really necessary for the card to function.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by zedane View Post
    I think i tried in admin mode and normal user mode. Both yield the same result. I don't really get what this advance parallel processing by amd can do. IIRC version 10 and before drivers do not have any of those APP software.

Any1 encountering this issue as well? Seems like APP is not really necessary for the card to function.

99% of the users wont have a need for it at this time
    Asus Crosshair IV Extreme
    AMD FX-8350
    AMD ref. HD 6950 2Gb x 2
    4x4Gb HyperX T1
    Corsair AX1200
    3 x Alphacool triple, 2 x Alphacool ATXP 6970/50, EK D5 dual top, EK Supreme HF

Quote Originally Posted by wez View Post
    99% of the users wont have a need for it at this time
    Yeah card is functioning properly. Haven done any gaming yet but i did put it through furmark stability test for 7hrs max resolution full screen, no glitches what so ever.

Don't know if APP is support by older gen cards. I did a quick google search and not much is mentioned of APP + 5xxx series.

Else I'll do a secure erase + full windows reformat after my exams.

I am Xtreme
    APP is the new name for Stream SDK. It is fully supported by 5xxx cards.
    Donate to XS forums

I suspect my problem may be similar to his. I tried installing catalyst 11.4 ocl using the individual package installer but instead, i get the same error message.

http://forums.amd.com/game/messagevi...hreadid=150014

High chance that drivers sweeper screwed up somewhere during the removal.

Xtreme Member
    This is the first time ccc in 11.4 has refused to open or load to sys tray after all the years I have used ATI drivers. Tried every solution I could find at least 2 times. X58 board win7 64 running over 1 year solid. 6970 cards. I do not want to reload win but that may be my only option. Anybody else?
    tripgood

Big hardware pile

Quote Originally Posted by tripgood View Post
    This is the first time ccc in 11.4 has refused to open or load to sys tray after all the years I have used ATI drivers. Tried every solution I could find at least 2 times. X58 board win7 64 running over 1 year solid. 6970 cards. I do not want to reload win but that may be my only option. Anybody else?
    I encountered this issue as well previously on the early preview. Can try to uninstall the drivers first using add/remove in control panel, reboot to safe mode, run drivers sweeper, and then try to install again.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by zedane View Post
    I encountered this issue as well previously on the early preview. Can try to uninstall the drivers first using add/remove in control panel, reboot to safe mode, run drivers sweeper, and then try to install again.
    I recommend this procedure as well. Fixed my similar issues.

Xtreme Member
    Thanks, but I tried that. I believe its my os not letting the installer function properly but I tried the fixes for that also. Fresh install coming up.
    tripgood

Big hardware pile

Xtreme Mentor
    crossfire didn't even work for me at all in 11.4 in vista 64 bit ultimate. :/ 5870's.
    had to roll back.
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamekiller View Post
    You didn't get the memo? 1 hour 'Fugger time' is equal to 12 hours of regular time.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Firefox 4.0 blue screens with this drivers for me. Have reverted back to 11.1 for now, since 11.2+ have random blue screen (not in Firefox unless 11.4)
    E8400 TRUE120@Asus Maximus Formula@2x2GB Geil Evo One 800MHz 4-4-4@Corsair HX 620W
    Sapphire HD6850 1GB@Samsung 830 128GB@Casetek 1022-5@LG 19" 1970HQ
    Creative Inspire 5.1 5100@Samsung SH-S203B SA@CM Quickfire Pro Red@Logitech G-600

Xtreme Addict
    I've had one or two bsod since I installed sp1 for w7, just putting it out there
    Asus Crosshair IV Extreme
    AMD FX-8350
    AMD ref. HD 6950 2Gb x 2
    4x4Gb HyperX T1
    Corsair AX1200
    3 x Alphacool triple, 2 x Alphacool ATXP 6970/50, EK D5 dual top, EK Supreme HF

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tripgood View Post
    I have same problem using 2x6950 on x64 win7. I did not solve this using methods previously mentioned?