Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Swiftech H20-X20 Edge cooling kits

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by Philwong View Post
    Now that's something truly unique and promising for a long time.

Just a few questions if you don't mind?

1. What kind of flow rate can we expect at the lowest pump speed for both 220 and 320 kits?

2. Can the radiator and pump operate vertically when mounted sideway like the MCR320 in the above render?

3. Perhaps powering the pump from a 4-pin molex, while routing PWM and RPM signals to the mobo header would be a more conservative approach? After all, a MCP355 draws up to 18W peak power.

4. Are the fill ports using standard thread sizes?

Phil
    1. FLOW RATES: Sorry, this hasn't been done. email stephen@swiftech.com if you need more information

2. ORIENTATIONS: the pic below should answer your question. You can also download the install guide here

3. this is what were' doing.

4. yes, G1/4

Quote Originally Posted by PatRaceTin View Post
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmm does this 2 kits compete with H70 / ALC ???
    no; these products are in a different league

Quote Originally Posted by zytrahus View Post
    3. MCP350 and MCP355 already have their power wires on a 4-pin molex connector and the tach wire on a separate 3-pin connector. They probably replaced the 3-pin by a PWM style 4-pin and kept the PSU style 4-pin molex for the power wires.

4. I think Swiftech said they were switching all their PG11 fill port to G1/4, probably the case here.
    correct on both counts

Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    Philwong, in regards to question number 1, at 1300RPM (0% PWM duty, a.k.a., minimum speed), the MPC35X/DDC3.25 should provide less pumping power than a D5 at setting 1.
    Since we haven't done the curve of the 35X at minimum speed, it is really impossible to provide a scientifically correct answer. Let's wait for the curves before we speculate.
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Member
    Gabe, why not install another fill port for scenario *3 on top of the rez under that orientation?

Phil

i7 4GHz ♦ Asus R2G ♦ OCZ Intel XMP ♦ Asus 5870 ♦ Crucial M4 ♦ Swiftech ♦ Koolance

X4 3.5GHz ♦ Biostar 890GXE ♦ OCZ AMD BE ♦ Asus 8800 ♦ WD Veloci ♦ Swiftech ♦ XSPC

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Since we haven't done the curve of the 35X at minimum speed, it is really impossible to provide a scientifically correct answer. Let's wait for the curves before we speculate.
    Pressure scales with square of the RPM and flow scales linearly with RPM. Get a curve at any RPM and you can calculate a curve at any other RPM and it'll be really, really close to actual

D5 P5 (4800RPM): max head in your MCP655 tests is ~4.05 mH2O, max flow is ~20.7 L/min

D5 P1 (1800RPM): max head in your MCP655 tests is ~.58 mH2O, max flow is ~8.8 L/min

Theoretical D5 P1 (1800RPM) based on scaling from above: max head is ~.57 mH2O, max flow is ~7.8 L/min. Factor in the D5 lowers its RPMs a bit at high amp draw/flow at P5+12V (so that the 20.7 L/min actually occurred at ~4300RPM), and the max flow works out just fine. This scaling works on all fans/pumps and across the entire curve, not just the ends (math is one step easier at the ends though )

So taking that and skinnee's DDC3.2+EK V2 data, we can pretty accurately estimate the performance of a 1300RPM DDC based on the DDC3.2 being ~4300RPM.

4300RPM DDC + EK V2 top has a max head of 4.03 mH2O, a max measured flow of 14.2 L/min (at 1.96 mH2O TDH, so not literal max flow due to testbed limitations), and a max flow (via trendline ) of 18 L/min

1300RPM DDC + EK V2 top works out to be a max head of .37 mH2O, a max flow of 5.44 L/min (corresponding to the trendline max) and a point on the curve at 4.3 L/min and .18 mH20.

Max head (with one of the best tops on the market) is 35% lower than a D5 P1 and max flow is 51% lower than a D5 P1. Even with a 5% difference in testbed with your testbed vs. skinnee's, a DDC at 1300RPM is going to deliver flowrates some 30%+ lower than a D5 P1.

This isn't a knock on the MCP35X at all, I love everything about it--warranty on a DDC3.25 with top-notch performing top (I trust your products perform) and with PWM wiring on top of that is awesome. But at the lowest RPM, it will be extremely weak.

EDIT: just to come full circle to Philwong's question, I'll quote myself:
    It'll work, but if you increase the speed, temperatures will improve.
    Last edited by Vapor; 09-02-2010 at 11:12 AM. Reason: edit

Xtreme Member
    What are the dimensions?

Would like to know if the 3x120mm would fit in my case.

Thanks.

Xtreme Member
    No time wasted, I see official release http://www.swiftech.com/products/h20-x20-edge.asp

Xtreme Addict
    very good product
    Vishera 8320@ 5ghz | Gigabyte UD3 | 8gb TridentX 2400 c10| Powercolor 6850 | Thermalight Silver Arrow (bench Super KAZE 3k) | Samsung 830 128gbx2 Raid 0| Fractal case

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by found404 View Post
    What are the dimensions?

Would like to know if the 3x120mm would fit in my case.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by spotswood View Post
    +1
    both of you there is a case compatibility chart. probably the more popular cases
    http://www.swiftnets.com/products/h2...ecompatibility

and here are the individual component specs
    http://www.swiftnets.com/products/h2...specifications
    GIGABYTE G1.Sniper
    I7 950---12GB F3-12800CL9T-12GBSR--GTX 460 hawk talon attack--300gb velociraptor
    PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad

ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
    i7 2600k---GTX560 ti 2gb----16gb mushkin 997005---120gb mushkin chronos deluxe
    PC power & cooling 750 quad

Xtreme Member
    I saw that, but there's not enough detail to design a case around these radiator+pump+reservoir thingies i.e. how far does the pump extend pass the end of the radiator, etc.
    ??

I thought they posted some schematics.

edit:
    320: http://www.swiftnets.com/assets/imag...nsionsX800.jpg
    220: http://www.swiftnets.com/assets/imag...nsionsX800.jpg
    none

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zytrahus View Post
    Thanks, much appreciated, I checked the site, but couldn't find anything.

Mr Swiftech
    Pressure scales with square of the RPM and flow scales linearly with RPM. Get a curve at any RPM and you can calculate a curve at any other RPM and it'll be really, really close to actual

D5 P5 (4800RPM): max head in your MCP655 tests is ~4.05 mH2O, max flow is ~20.7 L/min

D5 P1 (1800RPM): max head in your MCP655 tests is ~.58 mH2O, max flow is ~8.8 L/min

Theoretical D5 P1 (1800RPM) based on scaling from above: max head is ~.57 mH2O, max flow is ~7.8 L/min. Factor in the D5 lowers its RPMs a bit at high amp draw/flow at P5+12V (so that the 20.7 L/min actually occurred at ~4300RPM), and the max flow works out just fine. This scaling works on all fans/pumps and across the entire curve, not just the ends (math is one step easier at the ends though )

So taking that and skinnee's DDC3.2+EK V2 data, we can pretty accurately estimate the performance of a 1300RPM DDC based on the DDC3.2 being ~4300RPM.

4300RPM DDC + EK V2 top has a max head of 4.03 mH2O, a max measured flow of 14.2 L/min (at 1.96 mH2O TDH, so not literal max flow due to testbed limitations), and a max flow (via trendline ) of 18 L/min

1300RPM DDC + EK V2 top works out to be a max head of .37 mH2O, a max flow of 5.44 L/min (corresponding to the trendline max) and a point on the curve at 4.3 L/min and .18 mH20.

Max head (with one of the best tops on the market) is 35% lower than a D5 P1 and max flow is 51% lower than a D5 P1. Even with a 5% difference in testbed with your testbed vs. skinnee's, a DDC at 1300RPM is going to deliver flowrates some 30%+ lower than a D5 P1.

This isn't a knock on the MCP35X at all, I love everything about it--warranty on a DDC3.25 with top-notch performing top (I trust your products perform) and with PWM wiring on top of that is awesome. But at the lowest RPM, it will be extremely weak.

EDIT: just to come full circle to Philwong's question, I'll quote myself:
    Sorry Eric that you had to spend so much time above trying to come up with something that we should have done to begin with (although the MCP35X pump top is not released yet...) See the actual pump data in the attachment further below.

I saw that, but there's not enough detail to design a case around these radiator+pump+reservoir thingies i.e. how far does the pump extend pass the end of the radiator, etc.
    The dimensions are listed in the MCR X20 Drive page.

Here is a reprint:

Let me know if you are missing something.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pump curves.jpg 
Views:	1102 
Size:	168.5 KB 
ID:	107345  
    CEO Swiftech

Admin
    Very nice PQs, thanks for doing them so quickly

I underestimated the MCP35X in my post above, it looks awesome

Mr Swiftech
    Very nice PQs, thanks for doing them so quickly

I underestimated the MCP35X in my post above, it looks awesome
    Yepp, Stephen did a really good job. I'm eagerly awaiting for my production to arrive here (it's in transit) so we can finalize the release.

In fact, you were not far off at all in your assessment of 35x at min speed versus 655 in position 1, but what these graphs show is the advantage of the PWM: simply going to 20% (a mere 1800 rpm) results in superior performance compared to the 655 on 1, while keeping the noise level at "silent" level.

For good measure, I also added below the actual flow rate of the kit when varying the pump speed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	35x pressure vs flow rate.jpg 
Views:	848 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	107348   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	35x pwm response.jpg 
Views:	852 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	107349   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H2O-X20-Edge-FR_VS_PWM.png 
Views:	872 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	107351  
    Last edited by gabe; 09-03-2010 at 11:52 AM.
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by dingdong555 View Post
    320 kit will be ordered when it's available.

However, a quick question, if the system is mounted horizontally at the top of the case, it will basically have to be taken out to fill? Unless you have a fillport drilled directly above it into the case which attaches to the radiator.

Also, how do you know the reservoir level? I presume my opening the cap and looking inside? Maybe in the future you could do a small acrylic/clear window (like a runway strip) showing the level of liquid inside?

What size tubing/barbs are they? I presume 7/16" 5/8"? Will they fit 3/8" 5/8" compressions? (I presume not 1.2" 3/4" due to no reversible ports?)
    ????

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by dingdong555 View Post
    ????
    We include with the kit a grommet and a cap that fits nicely into it just for that purpose. See installation guide p12

For the level, you can in effect open up the radiator fill cap, and check it out.

Tubing is true 1/2" by 3/4 OD.

You will NOT be able to use compression fittings with the XTL since it doesn't have the reversible inlet/outlet plate. If this is a must for you, then you can buy the Drive and the XT separately.
    Last edited by gabe; 09-03-2010 at 04:27 PM.
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Cruncher
    Hey gabe
    This is awesome !! Love the fact that horizontal mounting is possible now and PWM on the pump is just the icing on the cake ! Cant wait to get it in my obsidian 800D
    i loved the original drive which i might add continues to serve me exceptionally well and this has just taken it to another level
    Me and a friend of mine are going to order 2 of the H20-320 Edge kits and have a quick question .. is the spacing of the holes for barbs/compression fittings on the XTL and XT the same ?
    The reason i ask is because i had no problem using 3/8" ID 1/2 "OD bits-power compression fittings on the Apogee XT without reversing the inlet/outlet plate
    Cant wait for these kits to hit retail so i can import em
    Thank you for continuing to innovate and release such wonderfully easy to use kits .. water cooling has never been easier !
    Cheers and kind regards

Intel Core i7 3960x | 3x Intel Core i7 980x | 3x Intel Core i7 920 | 2x Intel Core i7 2600k | 2x AMD opteron 6282 SE | 3x Asus Rampage II Extreme | 2x Asus Rampage III Extreme | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 1x Gigabyte X58A-UD7 | 2x Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z | Asus KGPE-D16 | 3x 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator 1600 Cl7 | 1x Patriot Viper II 6GB 2000 Cl8 | 3x Corsair Hx1000 | 4x Corsair Ax 1200 | 3x Antec 1200 | 4x Corsair Obsidian 800D | 2x Intel 80Gb G2 SSD | 4x Kingston HyperX 120GB | 2x Vertex 2 120GB | 2xWD 150GB Velociraptor + 1x WD 300GB Velociraptor +5TB | Msi Nvidia Gtx 295 | Msi Ati 4870x2 OC Edition | 2x Msi Ati 4890 OC Editions| 2x Sapphire Ati 5870's| Sapphire 5970 OC Edition | 2x Msi Gtx 460 | 3x Sapphire 6970 | 3x Asus Gtx 580 | 3x Asus 7970

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Very nice! Are the mcp35x curves of the stand alone pump or the pump/rad combo?

Looks really promising regardless, nice!!

Xtreme Mentor
    Sweet Gabe! Nice September surprise. I have always liked the Swiftech kits for their simplicity and these just made it even easier. I do, like most, wish you would do an Apogee Drive revision, I still have one and think it's a great concept. Anyway, nice job. Any chance on a single 120mm Rad option?
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Member
    Looks awesome Gabe.
    Any idea to availability in Canada?
    My Rig:
    Motivation 2.0
    ----------------
    Check out my Build log!!!
    Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair

---------------
    Check out below for videos and reviews!!!
    Facebook Youtube Instagram Twitter

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by Toolius View Post
    Hey gabe
    This is awesome !! Love the fact that horizontal mounting is possible now and PWM on the pump is just the icing on the cake ! Cant wait to get it in my obsidian 800D
    i loved the original drive which i might add continues to serve me exceptionally well and this has just taken it to another level
    Me and a friend of mine are going to order 2 of the H20-320 Edge kits and have a quick question .. is the spacing of the holes for barbs/compression fittings on the XTL and XT the same ?
    The reason i ask is because i had no problem using 3/8" ID 1/2 "OD bits-power compression fittings on the Apogee XT without reversing the inlet/outlet plate
    Cant wait for these kits to hit retail so i can import em
    Thank you for continuing to innovate and release such wonderfully easy to use kits .. water cooling has never been easier !
    Cheers and kind regards

The XTL is NOT compatible with large compression fittings because it doesn't have the reversible inlet/outlet port plate. If this is a must for you, then you would need to make your kit youself by buying the components separately, which is not really a big deal. You'd need the MCR 320 R2 with pump, and the XT, and some tubing.. then use the fans of your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    Very nice! Are the mcp35x curves of the stand alone pump or the pump/rad combo?

Looks really promising regardless, nice!!
    the last curve is that of the complete kit. the other curves are the MCP35X.

Quote Originally Posted by Utnorris View Post
    Sweet Gabe! Nice September surprise. I have always liked the Swiftech kits for their simplicity and these just made it even easier. I do, like most, wish you would do an Apogee Drive revision, I still have one and think it's a great concept. Anyway, nice job. Any chance on a single 120mm Rad option?
    CPU Drive.. no we gave up on this. I already posted about that here.. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by mattlef View Post
    Looks awesome Gabe.
    Any idea to availability in Canada?
    I am not sure if NCIX ordered yet.. Anyways, I think our first production batch is already exhausted. Maybe 10 pcs left of the 320. The dealers rallied really quickly on this kit.

Unfortunately, I do expect a solid 3 weeks shortage after this. so you either get it now from a US dealer, or you might have to wait until end of September . The reason for the shortage is that I amk always conservative on the first production run with a new product, since we never really know for sure how the market wil react. Then based on sales, we start cranking the volume so to speak.
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Member
    Unfortunately, I do expect a solid 3 weeks shortage after this. so you either get it now from a US dealer, or you might have to wait until end of September . The reason for the shortage is that I amk always conservative on the first production run with a new product, since we never really know for sure how the market wil react. Then based on sales, we start cranking the volume so to speak.
    No problem. i'm sure NCIX or Dazmode would pick this up. looks like a great all in one product.
    My Rig:
    Motivation 2.0
    ----------------
    Check out my Build log!!!
    Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair

---------------
    Check out below for videos and reviews!!!
    Facebook Youtube Instagram Twitter

Xtreme Member
    Gabe, how about a standalone fan/pump controller with a LCD for status feedback like the Aquaero next? This will give users full control over the Swiftech kit since most mobo's built-in PWM function can be quite lacking.

Phil

i7 4GHz ♦ Asus R2G ♦ OCZ Intel XMP ♦ Asus 5870 ♦ Crucial M4 ♦ Swiftech ♦ Koolance

X4 3.5GHz ♦ Biostar 890GXE ♦ OCZ AMD BE ♦ Asus 8800 ♦ WD Veloci ♦ Swiftech ♦ XSPC

Xtreme Member
    The XTL is NOT compatible with large compression fittings because it doesn't have the reversible inlet/outlet port plate.
    This can be easily resolved with a 45d angled compression barb. Had a pair of bitspower 1/2" compression fittings on my MCW30.

Phil

Xtreme Member
    Very nice product. Love that you can top mount it in a case now, with the barbs facing down.
    ~ Core i7 920 @ 4.00 ~ Gigabyte EX58-Extreme ~ Patriot Viper Series DDR3 6GB 1600 ~ Gigabyte GTX 260 SLi ~ Swiftech Apogee XT ~

Xtreme Mentor
    Hey Gabe,
    I saw you were not doing the Apogee Drive anymore already, just saying it would be nice, but I am more interested in a single 120mm combo drive like the dual and triple 120mm for a SFF build like a HTPC, any chance of this?
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme X.I.P.

Regarding performance, you guys already have all the information you need, since I used these kits to perform all my tests in the articles posted here and here
    All your testing was done with the Gentle Typhoon AP-15 fans.

What fans are coming on the kit?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast