Thread: Silverstone ST1000-NV LED Codes

Xtreme Member

Silverstone ST1000-NV LED Codes

Hi guys,

I have some questions... hopefully some one can answer...

I was under the assumption that the LED on the back of this PSU was to display error codes/operation state.... but when I was looking through the manual I wasn't able to find anything referring to what the LED should be doing in certain states...nor could I find anything on the internet.

after turning the switch on.... the LED is red.... I was thinking it would be Amber for standby, and green when in operation?

the motherboard turns on when I hit the power button... but the light on the PSU continues to be Red...

I don't have everything plugged in yet.... All that is plugged in is the ATX and 8 pin mobo power (not sure what those are called).....could that have an effect?

I'm going to try plugging everything in see what that does... will post again once I do that.

.....basically to generalize the question.... Is this normal for the ST1000-NV?

Thanks for your time...

eKirts
    i7 920 D0 @ 4.01ghz 1.25v
    Rampage III Extreme
    24gb Corsair Vengeance @ 1600mhz 8-8-8-24-1T
    eVGA GTX 1070 Founders Edition
    Silverstone 1000w
    Corsair 800D
    Liquid Cooled - CPU/MB - EKWB Supreme HF/Full Cover MBWB, Iandh 225 res, D5 w/XTOP rev. 2, Feser x-changer 360, Bitspower fittings

Xtreme Member
    Well,

Once I plugged everything in and got it booted.... the LED turned Green... but continues to be red after it turns off... I'm guessing that's normal... no amber for standby
    if you have noticed anything different please feel free to post

otherwise, I'm not to concerned...... now that it turns green once everything is on...

I just don't get why they wouldn't put this stuff in the manual =\
    i7 920 D0 @ 4.01ghz 1.25v
    Rampage III Extreme
    24gb Corsair Vengeance @ 1600mhz 8-8-8-24-1T
    eVGA GTX 1070 Founders Edition
    Silverstone 1000w
    Corsair 800D
    Liquid Cooled - CPU/MB - EKWB Supreme HF/Full Cover MBWB, Iandh 225 res, D5 w/XTOP rev. 2, Feser x-changer 360, Bitspower fittings