Thread: "The Cove"

Xtreme Member

"The Cove"

I am an extreme enthusiast here. I love these forums! I just couldn't help to only do a few things to help this occuring problem in the world. So where is a better place then to post it up in the forums I love.

text DOLPHIN to 44144 to help stop the mass slotter of dolphins! No fees or hidden costs apply. I just did it 10 times and I didn't get a single charge. It will also help end the mercury poisoning from seafood.

I have been inspired to pass this on from the documentary called "The Cove"

Check it out! & Go here for the petition signature.... htt://bit.ly/aD2TFm

If this is against forums policies then please excuse me. But I must! If you guys want more then check out the movie "The Cove". It truly inspired me tonight when I watched it.

Banned
    While I appreciate the sentiment and I found the tail end of The Cove interesting, I still don't really get why it's okay to slaughter one species and not another. We have mass farms and slaughterhouses for cattle. Is that any more "right" than penning up a bunch of dolphins and stabbing them?

Don't get me wrong.. the mercury argument is enough to justify not eating the stuff... just saying it's pretty easy to point the finger and make the "other guys" look evil when we do the same in other parts of the world.

I'm just not a fan of being so partial to certain species we deem "majestic" or "beautiful" while other species get trampled on without any causes to protect them. That's just "selection by human". And the species we deem worthy of a "cause" do not, alone, make a self-sustaining ecosystem.

We'd be monsters if we imposed the same rules on other humans.
    Last edited by Svnth; 08-30-2010 at 01:43 AM.

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    Thread doesn't belong in Wamps. Not the new Speak Freely, as the giant sticky at the top will tell you.
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Svnth View Post
    I'm just not a fan of being so partial to certain species we deem "majestic" or "beautiful" while other species get trampled on without any causes to protect them. That's just "selection by human". And the species we deem worthy of a "cause" do not, alone, make a self-sustaining ecosystem.
    the slaughtering method is a incentive to cease killing of certain species, eg livestock are slaughtered with a bolt to the head, whales (and the dolphins, presumably) are not

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by Svnth View Post
    While I appreciate the sentiment and I found the tail end of The Cove interesting, I still don't really get why it's okay to slaughter one species and not another. We have mass farms and slaughterhouses for cattle. Is that any more "right" than penning up a bunch of dolphins and stabbing them?

Don't get me wrong.. the mercury argument is enough to justify not eating the stuff... just saying it's pretty easy to point the finger and make the "other guys" look evil when we do the same in other parts of the world.

We'd be monsters if we imposed the same rules on other humans.

Seriously now, what the f*ck were you thinking when typing this cr*p ?
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Its funny cuz its true!
    Loonym...You are missed.

The element of one

Breathe me in
    Breathe me in

I disbelieve in separation. I close my eyes to see you.
    This is for you, everything I am. This is for you, take it from me.
    I, I disbelieve separation. I close my eyes
    there's no escaping me
    This is for you, everything I am. This is for you, take it from me.
    In your heart in your soul. I perceive rejuvenation

Breathe me in. I am forever. Deep within I am eternal.

I will return to you. I am with you always. I will never turn away from you.

Xtreme Addict
    Freeking dolphins! Breathing all my air!

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...deo&FORM=VIRE1

Just a bunch of good 'ol boys hanging out at the beach and preping some food.
    Last edited by little_scrapper; 08-30-2010 at 07:47 AM.
    Boy that info was old. As am I. Currently my kids have taken over my desktops. They are both sporting matching GTX1080's. Last Christmas I got everyone Oculuses and thus GTX1080's. My eldest is some sort of CSGO champion gold label something or other. Me I work and shoot real guns. Build Comps as needed.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I'm with svnth, as much as i want to get all worked up over it i realize i won't stop eating hamburgers.............killing a cow is just as bad.....
    i3-8100 | GTX 970
    Ryzen 5 1600 | RX 580
    Assume nothing; Question everything

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingcarcas View Post
    I'm with svnth, as much as i want to get all worked up over it i realize i won't stop eating hamburgers.............killing a cow is just as bad.....
    Cows are soo tastey. And yea we got cows too. For those of you with a morbid curiosity. Here is how a cosher cow is killed "COSHER STYLE!!" Notice how clean the process and swift cows death is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTO7UXsdC9w
    Last edited by little_scrapper; 08-30-2010 at 07:27 PM.
    Boy that info was old. As am I. Currently my kids have taken over my desktops. They are both sporting matching GTX1080's. Last Christmas I got everyone Oculuses and thus GTX1080's. My eldest is some sort of CSGO champion gold label something or other. Me I work and shoot real guns. Build Comps as needed.

Xtreme Addict
    Seriously, these people are F@#%ing sick in the head and deserve to be cut up while they're still alive as well. What kind of monster can do that to another living thing like that? At least we painlessly shoot our livestock in the back of the head, so they're killed instantly and feel no pain at all. This is just evil as hell... there's just no excuse at all for that kind of monstrous behavior.
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

PI in the face
    its because the dolphins are smiling that its wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

Xtreme Addict
    What's with the trolls? There's something very wrong with anyone who isn't upset by a living feeling creature being cut up while still alive. What is that mental sickness called when someone can't feel any emotions for someone else?
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Judaeus Apella View Post
    What is that mental sickness called when someone can't feel any emotions for someone else?
    It means your kool.

Xtreme Addict
    Sociopath is that it? And no, what I'm talking about is a mental sickness that spawns murderers. Lots of scum in jail who have what I'm talking about, who are bat sh*t crazy as hell.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    you guys sound pretty cynical...
    there is so much cr4p going on in the world, thats why you think its ok to ignore not only one particular bad thing, but all of them and just live your live pretending all is well?
    idk... id like to believe that im at least trying to make a difference, even if its a small and insignificant one... at least i tried...

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    you guys sound pretty cynical...
    there is so much cr4p going on in the world, thats why you think its ok to ignore not only one particular bad thing, but all of them and just live your live pretending all is well?
    idk... id like to believe that im at least trying to make a difference, even if its a small and insignificant one... at least i tried...
    Exactly, and I'll add, well said.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    People go by "As long as it doesn't happen to me, it's fine"...
    Ignorance is bliss.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Addict
    Bench, you think desensitizing has anything to do with why more people aren't angry about this?

I used to say that desensitization is a bunch of malarkey, but I these days... I think it has to do with the individual. It never effected me in a way where I feel nothing for the victim of a brutal crime if I see a video of it, but I think that happens to other people. Seeing an animal scream or thrash around while its being sliced up alive I think becomes less real if you're not seeing it in person, for some people. And with all the technology everywhere today, where EVERYTHING winds up on youtube... I think it might be effecting certain people and causing them to develop problems with their mental health, from over stimulation after watching thousands of hours of online videos. Also in the past, wars have never been covered the way they are now.... with live footage of wounded and dying soldiers available at your fingertips and on TV sometimes. You think any of this could be effecting anyone negatively in a way that causes them to be desensitized or emotionally numb to this kind of stuff?

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    I'd say yes and no.
    Some people are self-sensitive and environmentally ignorant. As long as it doesn't affect them in any way, they're cool and act like they've never seen it happen.
    A common response of such human(?) beings is... "they're animals, it doesn't matter", animals have the same value with a stone for them.
    The major concern ( on my behalf at least ) is apathetic people. Another problem of our era, people focus on themselves, how to make more money ( with any kind of sacrifice, legally or illegally ), how to acquire ( even by stealing ) more stuff, and trying to prove to their own mind that they're better than the rest.

As much as I hate hearing about it, it doesn't change the fact that it's a common thing between nerds ( no offense meant people, don't start punching your keyboards ), quite a lot of them are very self-oriented unfortunately.

It all comes down to each person in the end, some care about the others and the animals and maybe our planet, some care about themselves and nobody & nothing else, and some don't even care about themselves.

About the availability of violent pics & videos to everybody on a daily basis, well, I don't think it matters, for most of us at least.
    I for example enjoy "violent" / "gory" movies ( thrillers, splatters, etc ) but that doesn't affect my personality and thinking in reality, I still hate those people torturing animals passionately. I still dislike violence, and I do my best to prevent any kind of violence to take part in my life or in the life of my friends or even random people.

It's quite funny how differently the Chinese, Taiwanese & Japanese people ( not talking about everyone, don't feel insulted by this guys unless you're one of those "animals" ) and their legal system reacts to incidents, see how the milk melanine scandal was treated and how they treated the... activists regarding the dolphins butchery taking part as seen in the documentary ( the cove ).