Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ASUS ROG Experience Tour Round 2!!

Xtreme Member

ASUS ROG Experience Tour Round 2!!

Are you guys ready for the ROG Experience Tour Round 2?!
    Please read rules carefully! Full details here!

Online Tournament Outline:
    The purpose of this tournament is to see who can find the perfect balance between function and form in their ROG build! A true case modder and overclocker can adapt to any environment when needed. The competing teams must structure a system that can perform at its optimal performance, weigh as little as possible, and look sleek.

There are 3 brackets to achieve points:
    Performance (1000 points) - Weight(1000 points) - Style(500 points).
    These will be judged by ASUS based on fastest SuperPi benchmark score, lightest system, and the overall design. Teams must follow the online tournament rules to be eligible. The top 2 teams with the highest score will advance to round 2 finals at Blizzcon 2010 where they will compete for the grand prize!

Teams will use SuperPi 1m as the benchmark tool to achieve the fastest SuperPi 1m time. Team must also weigh their system on a digital scale with a photo proof or analog scale with video proof. Don’t think about cheating because the top 2 winning teams will have to send in their machines to ASUS and get weighed in to be sure that the weight is the same as what was posted in their submission along with SuperPi Submission. ASUS must be able to run the benchmark without any hacks or mods. If a Team’s weight is off by more than .1 lbs (1.6oz) the team will be disqualified and the top spot will be given to the runner up.

YOU ARE LIMITED TO AIR OR WATER COOLING OF YOUR CHOICE!

Please read the details on the contest page to be sure you submit your entries properly
    Last edited by Brian@ASUS; 09-15-2010 at 04:18 PM.

Xtreme Member
    reserved

I am Xtreme
    Is it in Belgium :p
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

need Hwbot account?
    Quote Originally Posted by LardArse View Post
    i think you are asking the wrong person about safety limits, but

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Belgium only on this one, please.
    I KNOW MASSMAN DISLIKES YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by saaya
    yo yo... man, you gotta lose the beard... you look like a drunk :P
    Competition ranking: Better than the danes in everything I've ever entered.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hiwa View Post
    need Hwbot account?
    yes, youll need a hwbot account. its similar to round 1 but there is a twist

Banned
    Im in

PI in the face
    no teasing brian
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

Xtreme Member
    update is up. prizes are being updated as i get confirmation from the partners.

Xtreme Member
    if anyone has questions, just ask and i shall speak. im sure there will be a ton of questions

Turkey Man
    You could make the "•Tournament is open to USA and Canada residents only." more obvious in both your forum threads and the rules.
    Just wasted 15mins reading your entire page to find that tucked at the bottom

Champion
    Great but only for USA

Again no Europe

MOA 2010 EU finals #3
    GOOC 2010 Italy #2
    GOOC 2009 Italy #1 Tech Station - Italian technology website

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Very interesting. Not sure what would be better here, Clarkdale or Gulftown.

Questions: I have been building a sub-ambient waterchiller for my 24/7 rig. Is chilled water considered fair? Shouldn't be much different than guys sticking their radiators right in front of an A/C unit

I am Xtreme
    Guys remember looks will be important. THis is something over-clockers often overlook.
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Delex View Post
    Great but only for USA

Again no Europe
    i know i know, and im sorry, but because this is being hosted in USA, we are trying to get legal to approve other regions to participate, its still being discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    Guys remember looks will be important. THis is something over-clockers often overlook.
    even some case modders over look this... but not you darthbeavis

Quote Originally Posted by [XC] gomeler View Post
    Very interesting. Not sure what would be better here, Clarkdale or Gulftown.

Questions: I have been building a sub-ambient waterchiller for my 24/7 rig. Is chilled water considered fair? Shouldn't be much different than guys sticking their radiators right in front of an A/C unit
    i see... ill flat out say, there are a lot of loop holes if you are strategic enough, you can change the ambiet temp, have a ac blowing in the case, oc in the snow, use alternative materials for your case for weight.(carbon fiber panels, foam, cardboard, paper???? (remember weight may count but so do looks. you have to find the balance!!) BUT, one rule is, whatever is connected to the computer to make it turn on and run must be weighed in. that means all watercooling components, including radiator, psu, fans, HSF, screws, etc etc. (powercable is not factored in)

we must be able to hold on to the sides and not have everything fall apart.

so again, be strategic, there are many loop holes in how cut down weight, but it make affect the style, positive or negative. using paper as the side panels would definitely save a lot of weight, but it could look like . or who knows, maybe you did some crazy blizzard origami, i dunno be creative.. style is worth 500 points

Xtreme Member
    another note on what we will be looking for from a design stand point.

we want to see this:

NOT this: (if this is your car, I'm sorry for offending you)

but you get what i mean... design has to make sense.

I am Xtreme
    i was thinking in terms of super light .. power weight ratio...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Xtreme Member
    Perfect! BUT WITH THE K20 SC RIGHT? I THINK THEY MIGHT EVEN HAVE A V8 NOW. DECISIONS DECISIONS

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Hrm, I was more thinking..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bugatti-Veyron-5.jpg 
Views:	958 
Size:	166.6 KB 
ID:	107095

Weight isn't an issue with enough power

I'll give this some thought. Overclockers typically overlook aesthetics as their rigs are frequently assembled and torn down in the span of a few hours.

Xtreme Cruncher
    well it looks like limiting cooling to air/water changes almost everything
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian@ASUS View Post
    Perfect! BUT WITH THE K20 SC RIGHT? I THINK THEY MIGHT EVEN HAVE A V8 NOW. DECISIONS DECISIONS
    i was actually thinking of wrightspeed x1

or this
    Attached Images Attached Images

Xtreme Addict
    I think real temp needs to be included in the screen shot. A person could hook up a single stage to their system to run pi then disconnect for pics. One could still turn off single stage and let things warm up before capturing screen shot but at least its worth a shot to require real temp in screen shot.

Rules state:
    ASUS must be able to run the benchmark without any hacks or mods
    Does this mean Asus will run pi on our machine once it's sent in? This would be great because duplicating a pi run with 1 sec so be possible at the same mhz.

I'm one overclocker that doesn't overlook looks

@gomeler

x58 980X @ 4.8GHz

p55 655K @ 4.8GHz

I would think a dual core would be easier to keep cool as volts are applied when using only air or water. 980X/x58 is faster but MHz is king in Pi
    Praetor
    » Intel i7 2600K 3103B306 » Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z » Asus GTX 470's TRi-SLI » Corsair Dominator GT CMT4GX3M2A2000C8 » Corsair Force F180 SSD » Corsair AX1200 PSU » Corsair 800D
    » Cooling : Swiftec Apogee XT » Swiftec MCP350-DDC1 w/XSPC Dual DDC Bay Reservoir » Swiftech MCR320-QP w/Scythe SlipStreams 110CFM

The Yamato
    » Intel i7 920 3849B028 or i7 980X » Asus Rampage III Extreme Black Edition » Asus HD6970's QuadFireX or Asus GTX 570's 4way SLI » 6GB Corsair Dominator GT TR3X6G1866C7GTF » Corsair Force F180 SSD » Corsair AX1200 PSU » Microcool Banchetto 101
    » Cooling : Dragon F1 Extreme Edition(LN2) » Custom SS by RunMc »

Xtreme Enthusiast
    gomeler, well SuperSport would be better choice
    Schedule of Live Extreme Overclocking - info Thread

Quote Originally Posted by K404 View Post
    "My Backup is bigger than Your Backup"

Xtreme Member
    good idea nemesis, i will put realtime as one of the rules. and if you cant ship it, then i may fly over or just do it through webcam live or something! well figure it out. but your system will have to be shipped to blizzcon for you to compete the first day. we will provide phase units at blizzcon as we cant use LN2 or dry ice. on the second day, well break out the new goodies, but still limited with phase... im sure afterwards we can have a ln2 party in the hotel rooms =P

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFireDragon View Post
    well it looks like limiting cooling to air/water changes almost everything
    it shall be very interesting!! im really curious to see if people will use water or air... water will be heavy... and overall points really matter. even if you have #1 for performance, you may have crap for weight, therefor ranking low.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast