Thread: Need advice on which sleeving sizes to use for NON-murdermod style sleeving

Xtreme Enthusiast

Need advice on which sleeving sizes to use for NON-murdermod style sleeving

I want to do the following cables on an Enermax Revolution 1050W:

24 pin
    8 pin (*2)
    6+2 pin (*4)
    SATA/Molex (*?)

I'm not doing murdermod style sleeving due to the stupid way Enermax randomly splices together wires at mid points in the 24-pin and EPS cables.

What size sleeving do I need and which brand should I grab for each of the above sizes. Cost is not really a factor as long as it's worth the extra, but mostly I just want it to look better than the ridiculous "dead snake" style Enermax sleeving that was on it before.

This PSU has been sitting in my closet with connectors removed since it was a high end unit, so I'd like to get this project done, haha.
    Please note: I am not here to provide any kind of official NCIX support on these forums.

For faster (and official) service please contact me at Linus@ncix.com, or please contact our customer care team at wvvw.NCIX.com (Canada) or wvvw.NCIXUS.com (America)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647

Xtreme Enthusiast
    It'd be great to get some feedback on the sizes needed, and I'll just grab some PET from cableorganizer.com
    Please note: I am not here to provide any kind of official NCIX support on these forums.

For faster (and official) service please contact me at Linus@ncix.com, or please contact our customer care team at wvvw.NCIX.com (Canada) or wvvw.NCIXUS.com (America)

I think it's a bit difficult to offer any suggestions because I'm not absolutely clear on what you mean by NON-murdermod style sleeving and dead snake style sleeving. If by non-murdermod you mean sleeved as a group of wires as opposed to individually, that's a start. And if by dead snake style you mean sleeving that is too loose, then we're on to something. Let me know if I'm understanding you and I can see what mediocre tricks I can pull out of my hat to try and help

Xtreme Enthusiast
    By non-murdermod I just mean bog standard group of wires sleeving. I've already removed all the connectors so I just need to know what size of braided sleeving to buy to cover the whole bundles.

By dead snake I mean the horrendous colour scheme that Enermax uses on their power supplies.

1/8" for SATA/MOLEX, 1/4" for 8/6+2, 3/8" for 24-pin. That seems to be about the standard to produce a "snug" fit without so much fibre separation that you can start to clearly see wires underneath the sleeving.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thanks. Now I can finally sleeve this stupid thing. I just read an article the other day that says Enermax is actually updating this PSU now.

Joke's on me I guess :p