Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 460 1GB OC Video Card Waterblock

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    We are working on the adapter for the MCW80. I launched the production this week. ETA 3 weeks.
    Wonderful news! 460s+universal waterblocks are matched in heavens, unlike full covers costing half of card price (and cards will get even cheaper, while block price won't).

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandr0s View Post
    Not even the Koolance GPU-220 ? Hmm, annoying .
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    Well it possibly might. But I don't think anyone would purchase it on a 'might fit.'
    Source

Source

Quote Originally Posted by Raphus View Post
    Guapa5000, thanks for the images, its very interesting idea to do something like this
    Note, the XSPC Razor GTX 460 WILL NOT fit to any non-reference-card:

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Guapa5000 View Post
    Source

Source

Note, the XSPC Razor GTX 460 WILL NOT fit to any non-reference-card:
    Palit uses square mounting holes for their GTX460 IIRC. So this still doesn't help w/ reference boards.

Xtreme Member
    Thinking about getting the Gigabyte GTX460 or the Palit version. Any word on new water blocks that fit these non reference cards?

Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    Next time you buy a card you may want to verify that it uses a reference design as there is no way any current blocks will fit.
    The only way to verify besides buying the card is asking the manufacturer and i got this response from Gigabyte: First my question below and then their answer:

"Hi, im going to purchase one waterblock for the GIGABYTE GV-N460OC-1GI, the waterblock is this one "http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11857/ex-blc-817/EK_GeForce_460_GTX_VGA_Liquid_Cooling_Block_-_Nickel_EK-FC460_GTX_-_Nickel_Hot_Item.html?tl=g30c311s1285"
    It works only in PCB reference design, i would like to know if this Gigabyte vga card (GV-N460OC-1GI)is a reference pcb design.
    Regards,
    Rodrigo"

"10/25 update

Dear Rodrigo,

Thank you for your kindly mail and supporting GIGABYTE. Due to the vast amounts of questions we receive daily, we appreciate your patient of waiting responses. About the dimension you required in earlier mail, the N460OC-1GI is the same with pcb-design edition, all 60.9*50.9 mm.

If you still have any further question or suggestion about our products/service, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will try our best to help you resolve the problem ASAP.

Regards,
    GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY"

If they dont know what a nvidia reference design is what can we do

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rwurdig View Post
    The only way to verify besides buying the card is asking the manufacturer and i got this response from Gigabyte: First my question below and then their answer:

"Hi, im going to purchase one waterblock for the GIGABYTE GV-N460OC-1GI, the waterblock is this one "http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11857/ex-blc-817/EK_GeForce_460_GTX_VGA_Liquid_Cooling_Block_-_Nickel_EK-FC460_GTX_-_Nickel_Hot_Item.html?tl=g30c311s1285"
    It works only in PCB reference design, i would like to know if this Gigabyte vga card (GV-N460OC-1GI)is a reference pcb design.
    Regards,
    Rodrigo"

"10/25 update

Dear Rodrigo,

Thank you for your kindly mail and supporting GIGABYTE. Due to the vast amounts of questions we receive daily, we appreciate your patient of waiting responses. About the dimension you required in earlier mail, the N460OC-1GI is the same with pcb-design edition, all 60.9*50.9 mm.

If you still have any further question or suggestion about our products/service, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will try our best to help you resolve the problem ASAP.

Regards,
    GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY"

If they dont know what a nvidia reference design is what can we do
    better ask XS member rather than them actually

Quote Originally Posted by hillywav View Post
    better ask XS member rather than them actually
    I will remember that

Xtreme Member
    well, EK and koolance have universal GPU that definately fit the gtx460
    i got 28C idle and 37C fullload in OC condition 1.025v

for gigabyte:

GTX 460 1 gb gigabyte mounted with koolance gPU-220
    Last edited by hillywav; 11-24-2010 at 02:16 PM.

I know but i would just sell the cards and get new ones, black fridays is almost here and i alreadyfound better prices
    In my country is easier to sell the cards than the blocks, so its better that way.
    Anyway tks for the heads up .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12