Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: [Skinnee Labs] The Pump thread...

Never go full retard
    Just a note...

Fixed the image references, and fixing links to individual PQ pages as I bring articles over to the new site... adding images during the conversion process too.

Xtreme Member
    skinnee job well done! Thanks for the very informative data.
    /_/_/_ | Intel Core i7 920 @ 4.2GHz | Swiftech Apogee GTZ | Gigabyte EX58-UD5 | CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB DDR3 1600 | 2 x ATI 4850 Crossfire Enabled | WD Velociraptor 300GB | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro | Corsair HX1000W | Antec P182 | _\_\_\

Never go full retard
    thx

Lots more to come though.

Hey skinnee, great work! i read it and loved your work.

One question on the sound part if you do deside to test it. Can you do 2 tests? One where the pumps are hard mounted and one where the pumps are soft-mounted.
    My hardware changes to fast and to much to keep a sig up to date. I just gave up on the idea.

I am Xtreme
    I don't know how to read these graphs, can someone help me out. I'm looking at the Aquacover top, it seems to be in the middle on the graph. Does it mean the higher the better?

Xtreme Member
    doesn't look like anything has been posted here in a while. skinee, are you still testing all the pumps on the OP? i would love to see flow info on single vs dual pumps (RP400) in a RP401x2 vs 402/452 vs 35x, etc...
    i7 3930@4.5GHz (EK Supreme HF), GTX690@1.2GHz (Koolance NX-690), 128G 4M + 2x128G 4M raid 0, Silverstone TJ07, Custom Enclosure w/MoRa, 18x GT AP-31, 401X2 dual PMP-400

Xtreme Member
    I had one question about Ek dual top v2. How about noise and vibration? Did it be very noisily in case i instal it in 5.25 slot with "M4 Antivibration KIT for 5,25" BAY mount" from Ek ?

Never go full retard

Yeah, yeah... still testing pumps, just taken a back seat to a few other things. What info are you looking for? I probably have it, just not posted... actually sitting on quite a bit of data I just need to release and not worry about photos and what not until later.

Xtreme Member
    skinnee
    Pleasure to see you back in this superb topic! I read with big intrest.
    But I do have one question. Why do you use such a small division on the charts?
    It is very difficult to consider the difference between the results when multiple devices.
    Probably should lay out more detailed schedules for groups of devices?

Never go full retard
    Not exactly following what you mean...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnee View Post
    Not exactly following what you mean...
    Sorry my english sometimes isn't best
    I try to explain.
    On the graph is dense cluster of results which are also close to the color close to each other. Due to the fact that the graphics resolution are not very high, at times to examine the result.
    Probably should lay out graphics in higher resolution and more contrasting colors for that would be easier to learn the results.
    It's a small problem, but it is sometimes difficult to understand.
    But in any case, the titanic work, and I think many are grateful for it (including me)!

Xtreme Member
    Yeah, yeah... still testing pumps, just taken a back seat to a few other things. What info are you looking for? I probably have it, just not posted... actually sitting on quite a bit of data I just need to release and not worry about photos and what not until later.
    i was looking for information on the 401x2 (single bay version with 2x pumps). i know there was a lot of bleed issues with the 402/452 when running two pumps - i was just wondering if there were any issues with bleeding the single bay res under similar conditions. (martin's 401 review was only single pump)

also, since koolance options the pmp400 as the only purchasable (ie: with the res) - how does 2x pmp400's compare against 2x 35x's for example. i would think the 35x's would have higher flow rate, but pmp400's would have better pressure at or below 1gpm. (similar to single pump performance)

PS: i look forward to your TIM reviews. in particular, i am patiently awaiting the diamond pastes reviews. i understand the need to do them last due to their polishing effect, but i am still awaiting none-the-less.
    Last edited by bds71; 11-01-2011 at 01:09 PM.
    i7 3930@4.5GHz (EK Supreme HF), GTX690@1.2GHz (Koolance NX-690), 128G 4M + 2x128G 4M raid 0, Silverstone TJ07, Custom Enclosure w/MoRa, 18x GT AP-31, 401X2 dual PMP-400

Never go full retard
    Quote Originally Posted by Shteud View Post
    Sorry my english sometimes isn't best
    I try to explain.
    On the graph is dense cluster of results which are also close to the color close to each other. Due to the fact that the graphics resolution are not very high, at times to examine the result.
    Probably should lay out graphics in higher resolution and more contrasting colors for that would be easier to learn the results.
    It's a small problem, but it is sometimes difficult to understand.
    But in any case, the titanic work, and I think many are grateful for it (including me)!
    No worries, thats why I posted that I wasn't following, figured we just weren't lined up thinking to language yet.

I know exactly what you're asking now, here are the two issues that lead to the problem... The amount of data series per chart and the number of distinguishable colors. That added to some width (pixel wise) issues we're still working on for the site and you have the present problem. Going higher res yet is an option... I'll give it a shot on the next update for you, test it out at least (but my machine is going to hate me for it).

Quote Originally Posted by bds71 View Post
    i was looking for information on the 401x2 (single bay version with 2x pumps). i know there was a lot of bleed issues with the 402/452 when running two pumps - i was just wondering if there were any issues with bleeding the single bay res under similar conditions. (martin's 401 review was only single pump)

also, since koolance options the pmp400 as the only purchasable (ie: with the res) - how does 2x pmp400's compare against 2x 35x's for example. i would think the 35x's would have higher flow rate, but pmp400's would have better pressure at or below 1gpm. (similar to single pump performance)
    Oooh, I don't know. I haven't gotten my hands on the 401 and have been out of the loop for a few months as well... plus, the 45x series is part of the data I'm sitting on that needs to be released.

If you're looking at dual pumps for pure performance issues, then you also need to understand the resitrcition you're adding with blocks and what not. Do you want PWM control? All things to consider really... but I thought I had a chart for that specific comparison already...

Here it is, on the comparison page of the 35X review. Probably the second image there is dead on.

Xtreme Member
    skinnee
    No worries
    Now everything is fine. This will add only a little comfort.
    By the way, there is idea of comparison. It would be interesting to see a comparison of the best 1x top VS 2x top VS 3x top (for ddc) and 1x vs 2x top D5. Their perfomance and their influence on the temperature (it can be in the form of the delta or the temperature of components) in a some difficult loop (hi res CPU block+ 2-3 gpu fullcover+ motherboard fullcover+ram block). It may by silly, but may be intrest to see

Never go full retard
    It is of interest to me, great interest, that testing has been on the back burner for over a year. I have a bench mostly built to do the testing... but other things have been pushed in front. In fact, the main reason I haven't moved it forward is the fact that I need to do some electrical work on the lab including a new sub-panel.

With that said, I do continually work on that bench and electrical work is a good winter project.

edit: w00t! 4k posts!

Xtreme Member
    I'll be waiting with great interest! Good luck with that skinnee !

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I've done a dual DDC325 setup with the RP401X2, and well, it is not to difficult to get it to prime. have my reservoir vertical though, look at my project log for an example.....last few pages.....

Basicaly I add water to the res, start the pumps, 1-2 seconds stop them, add water, and after 10-15 times, system primes really well, and water starts to flow. After that, not many hassles, bleeds pretty well.......if you can prime the majority of the system with water beforehand, it will be easier still.

Have fun, and let us know how it goes

To OP: Soz for off-topic, Skinnee.
    Never argue with Idiots...they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
    i-Prodigy (small APD2 GFX/CPU waterloop) ; HP Blackbird Project Log (dual-Xeon Watercooled) ; Macho Mini Project Log (Sandybridge watercooled mini-ITX)

Never go full retard
    any time Bean, any time.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thanx Mate, appreciated!
    Never argue with Idiots...they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
    i-Prodigy (small APD2 GFX/CPU waterloop) ; HP Blackbird Project Log (dual-Xeon Watercooled) ; Macho Mini Project Log (Sandybridge watercooled mini-ITX)

Xtreme Member
    I've done a dual DDC325 setup with the RP401X2, and well, it is not to difficult to get it to prime.
    that's good to know. thanks for the info. i'm making purchases for a ivy bridge/gtx600 system early next year, so it will be a while before everything comes together. that particular part just happen to fit what i needed. anyway, thanks for the info!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    You're welcome

If you have any questions wrt my setup, priming et al, closer to when you're ready, just PM me here, on Bit-tech or OCAU - I might not respond immediately, but will check every few days.

Keep us posted on your build too!

Xtreme Member
    I have some funny video made by me and my friend I think in this topic it will be interesting to post it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSqLmP16_x0
    Last edited by Shteud; 11-12-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345