Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NVIDIA Surround v/s Eyefinity

Xtreme Member

NVIDIA Surround v/s Eyefinity

NVIDIA Surround smashes Eyefinity to pieces
    nvidia are not just superior but humiliates ATI in multimonitor gaming

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=946&type=expert

I just ordered three 24 ° screens and two GTX480
    Intel i7 2600K 5GHZ Watercooled. 2x Asus DirectCU II TOP GTX670 SLI @1250/7000/Watercooled. Asus Maximus IV Extreme. PCI Express X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series.
    8GB Corsair 2000Mhz Ram. 4x OCZ Vertex3 120GB SSD. .3xSamsung F1 1TB All in A Lian li Tyr PC-X2000 Chassi. Logitech diNovo Edge keybord
    MX Revolution mouse and Z-5500 Digital 5.1 speakers Corsair HX-1200W PSU Samsung 244T 24"+ 3xPhilips 24Ļin nVidia Surround

Xtreme Addict
    I must be getting really boring because features like this just seem like a complete waste of effort.

I'd rather just have a big monitor than 3 different ones.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Fox View Post
    I must be getting really boring because features like this just seem like a complete waste of effort.

I'd rather just have a big monitor than 3 different ones.
    Completely disagree with you, having say a 46" that only goes up to 1080p imo is crap... I prefer having a bigger resolution such as 5760 thats for sure... big LCD tv's are good if your going to sit about 10 feet away otherwise useless because for a decent 100hz tv such as the viera's do cost a arm and a leg..

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Member
    Nvidia does include a cool feature set with their drivers.

However, don't forget that ATI has native support for 3 monitors with one card. That's something that Nvidia simply cannot do. However, Now that the GTX 460 is out, 2 of those is virtually the same price as a Radeon 5870, so that can be considered a game changer in terms of both performance and multi-monitor.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny87au View Post
    Completely disagree with you, having say a 46" that only goes up to 1080p imo is crap... I prefer having a bigger resolution such as 5760 thats for sure... big LCD tv's are good if your going to sit about 10 feet away otherwise useless because for a decent 100hz tv such as the viera's do cost a arm and a leg..
    Hadn't really considered that. You're right in that sense.

Still seems kind of silly to have this huge resolution and beautiful image then break it up with bezels.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Pistol View Post
    Nvidia does include a cool feature set with their drivers.

However, don't forget that ATI has native support for 3 monitors with one card. That's something that Nvidia simply cannot do. However, Now that the GTX 460 is out, 2 of those is virtually the same price as a Radeon 5870, so that can be considered a game changer in terms of both performance and multi-monitor.
    does not matter one ATI card can not render the games fast enough anyway.
    Intel i7 2600K 5GHZ Watercooled. 2x Asus DirectCU II TOP GTX670 SLI @1250/7000/Watercooled. Asus Maximus IV Extreme. PCI Express X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series.
    8GB Corsair 2000Mhz Ram. 4x OCZ Vertex3 120GB SSD. .3xSamsung F1 1TB All in A Lian li Tyr PC-X2000 Chassi. Logitech diNovo Edge keybord
    MX Revolution mouse and Z-5500 Digital 5.1 speakers Corsair HX-1200W PSU Samsung 244T 24"+ 3xPhilips 24Ļin nVidia Surround

Xtreme Member
    Still seems kind of silly to have this huge resolution and beautiful image then break it up with bezels.
    oh im sure someone is out there thinking how to not deal with bezels...just give it some time...
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    Cooler Master HAF 932
    Intel i5 750 @ 3.8Ghz LC Fuzion V2
    ASUS P7P55D Pro
    2GBx2 GSKILL F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH
    eVGA GTX 470 SC Koolance Full Cover
    Corsair VX 550
    Dell 2209WA & 2709W
    Razer Lycosa & Cooperhead

I am Xtreme
    Until game manufacturers start supporting these resolutions more w/ better FOV and make sure the interface is on the primary monitor only eyefinity/surround is useless. Having to take your eyes of the main screen and look 2 feet to your left to see your stats is ridiculous.

EDIT: And this thread sounds like a complete fanboi thread.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    Until game manufacturers start supporting these resolutions more w/ better FOV and make sure the interface is on the primary monitor only eyefinity/surround is useless. Having to take your eyes of the main screen and look 2 feet to your left to see your stats is ridiculous.

EDIT: And this thread sounds like a complete fanboi thread.
    Well the OP started the troll party, so people assume it's ok to continue ^^ But I gotta say I'm waiting to see where AMD is going with their 3D initiative, because they stated that they would only implement it on Display Port and HDMI 1.4a, because of a limitation by Nvidia in the DVI connector on 120HZ monitors on the market at the moment. Which makes me sad because I just bought a GD235HZ

The info comes from DigitalVersus (the french version is where I got my info, in their interview with Terry Makedon and Shane Parfitt)
    i7 2600K @ 4.6GHz/Maximus IV Extreme
    2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866
    HD5870 1GB PCS+/OCZ Vertex 120GB +
    WD Caviar Black 1TB
    Corsair HX850/HAF 932/Acer GD235HZ
    Auzentech X-Fi Forte/Sennheiser PC-350 + Corsair SP2500

Xtreme Guru

Well only flaw is the bezels. i just use custom profiles though. Say Alt+ macro = 1 monitor which is generally the middle and say Alt+macro= Eyefinity with 3 monitors appearing... I actually had my mind set on a big tv as the cost is alot cheaper then 3x 26"inch monitors i mean alot, But finding a good 100hz tv which is truely 100hz and not a marketing gimmick does cost a load like i mentioned... If i was to pick a huge 1080tv would have to be either a 100hz panasonic viera or a Sony bravia.. Nonetheless though i'd personally stick with High res monitors..

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Member
    Meh! Call me when OLED wrap arounds show up.
    i7-3930K
    GA-x79-UD3
    Corsair H100
    4x2GB F3-12800CL6
    X-Fi Xtreme Music
    EVGA GTX 470
    Pioneer BDR-207DBK
    2X128GB Samsung 830's
    3XWD2002FYPS
    Corsair TX850
    Dell U2412M

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny87au View Post
    i would much rather have a single 30" though.

i have gamed with 3x24" before eyefinity was even out and i found having 3 horizontal screens useless since it is simply impossible to focus or even see all 3 at the same time. vertical screens may be a different story but my screens can't rotate like that.

i will hopefully make the switch to a 30" and a 24" lcd for side work later this year. but for those larger "tv" screens, they are just and i laugh so hard when xbox junkies try to debate with me that their tv's are better than computer screens simply because they are bigger and have 1080p.
    Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    just start taking pics of peoples kids the parents will come talk to you shortly. if you have a big creepy van it works faster

Xtreme Enthusiast
    How is Nvidia beating ATI? They're like years late on the bandwagon, this is nothing but a configuration video (the only way I ever care about those is if there's a bikini girl involved) and they still haven't fixed the main flaw with this tech: bezels getting in the way.

Call me when you have bezel-less monitors and a stand to make them fit perfectly together. Until then, I'll keep using 2560x1600 and whenever I feel like I need to view fractions of what's important, I'll bust out the kaleidoscope.

edit:

Quote Originally Posted by evoted View Post
    oh im sure someone is out there thinking how to not deal with bezels...just give it some time...
    I would gimmick it by putting a full sized magnifying glass in front of the LCD panel to stretch out the image so that it becomes as big as the bezel area about half an inch in front of the monitor and basically fit the glasses together in an array so that the bezel is there, but ignored. That's what we're actually doing to improve the efficiency of LED lights in very particular applications.
    Last edited by antiacid; 07-12-2010 at 07:06 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    maybe we should have xtreme monitor threads ... afterall they're too as important as the gpu to deliver the graphics to the user

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I am glad Eyefinity got me into multi-monitor gaming. When not gaming I have 12 underwater robot cams on the right monitor, HDTV on center monitor and web browser on left monitor. 3 Acer 23.6" screens (open box sale) only $450usd.
    The extra screens make it easier on your eyes from less eye strain. You don't move your head, just your eyes to glance at the other screens. This is helpful when you are looking for something. Many times I have found items out of the corner of my eye that I missed in the same game when using just 1 monitor, usually while running or going thru dark building.
    Multi-monitor is way more fun. Don't core which brand you use. Even Serious Sam SE HD works great.

Edit: I overlapped the bezels so not much to block the view. They are really not much of a problem, just to the folks that have not tried it.
    Last edited by PaganII; 07-12-2010 at 07:14 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Eyefinity/surround are both useless and not worth the cost. Not only do you need three monitors, you need the very beefiest videocard available. And if a new game comes out with high graphic requirements, your at the mercy of graphic makers to just have to buy faster cards.

Also bezels.. there the arguement that you don't notice the bezels after a while, but at the same time, how much can you see on your peripherals if that is the case.
    Core i7 920@ 4.66ghz(H2O)
    6gb OCZ platinum
    4870x2 + 4890 in Trifire
    2*640 WD Blacks
    750GB Seagate.

Xtreme Cruncher
    The original post really does make this thread going into wrong direction.

It is pretty much expected the 480 will beat the 5870 by a margin, but too bad the 480 does not have native support for 3 monitors; keep in mind that not all multi-monitor setups will go towards gaming.
    Team XS: xs4s.org

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Peakr View Post
    Meh! Call me when OLED wrap arounds show up.
    You're right. I probably won't adopt anything like 3-6 until we just got high-res screens that do curved gaming. Honestly, we need iDP to really push 4K display because the chips are there, the circuitry is there, the only thing now is the PANELS. Dear LG/Phillips, Samsung, Toshiba... please make us some good 4K panels. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    I am magical.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by E30M3 View Post
    NVIDIA Surround smashes Eyefinity to pieces
    nvidia are not just superior but humiliates ATI in multimonitor gaming

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=946&type=expert

I just ordered three 24 ° screens and two GTX480
    Well, you're a major sucker. Prepare for an experience that is much less than what the reviews show. Especially for online games.
    E7200 @ 3.4 ; 7870 GHz 2 GB
    Intel's atom is a terrible chip.

Xtreme Addict

then remove the bezel and tune for bezel correction so it would appear as one big monitor ....

anything is doable if you think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Russian View Post
    You're right. I probably won't adopt anything like 3-6 until we just got high-res screens that do curved gaming. Honestly, we need iDP to really push 4K display because the chips are there, the circuitry is there, the only thing now is the PANELS. Dear LG/Phillips, Samsung, Toshiba... please make us some good 4K panels. Thanks.

2160p monitors do exist now ...but they cost alot .....
    WILL CUDDLE FOR FOOD

Quote Originally Posted by JF-AMD View Post
    Dual proc client systems are like sex in high school. Everyone talks about it but nobody is really doing it.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Whats with the OP? Misleading much?

Both are great, but whats with humiliation etc? Garbage..
    i7 920@4.34 | Rampage II GENE | 6GB OCZ Reaper 1866 | 8800GT (zzz) | Corsair AX750 | Xonar Essence ST w/ 3x LME49720 | HiFiMAN EF2 Amplifier | Shure SRH840 | EK Supreme HF | Thermochill PA 120.3 | MCP355 | XSPC Reservoir | 3/8" ID Tubing

Phenom 9950BE @ 3400/2000 (CPU/NB) | Gigabyte MA790GP-DS4H | HD4850 | 4GB Corsair DHX @850 | Corsair TX650W | T.R.U.E Push-Pull

E2160 @3.06 | ASUS P5K-Pro | BFG 8800GT | 4GB G.Skill @ 1040 | 600W Tt PP

A64 3000+ @2.87 | DFI-NF4 | 7800 GTX | Patriot 1GB DDR @610 | 550W FSP

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Sn0wm@n View Post
    then remove the bezel and tune for bezel correction so it would appear as one big monitor ....

anything is doable if you think about it

2160p monitors do exist now ...but they cost alot .....
    I deal a lot with 4K, the IBMs don't really exist they're mostly prototypes and they're not actually 2160P they're slightly lower. The only true 4K you can get out is on projectors.

The 4K monitors were never mass produced because back then they were mostly used for medical imaging and not for Film production. We need 4K monitors and iDP can outdo LVDS and allow for true 4K to be delivered to our displays as long as the panel manufacturers make true Cinematic 4K panels.
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    I am magical.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by lkiller123 View Post
    The original post really does make this thread going into wrong direction.

It is pretty much expected the 480 will beat the 5870 by a margin, but too bad the 480 does not have native support for 3 monitors; keep in mind that not all multi-monitor setups will go towards gaming.
    I thought SLI 480s you could run 3x monitors?

Xtreme Member
    I dont think he was talking about SLI. Nice thread !!

Xtreme Addict
    3 monitors. 1 card. Nuff said.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast