Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: keyboard holygrail - Wireless and backlit keyboard by Logitech

Xτræmε ÇruñcheΓ
    Blue is NOT a good switch for [demanding] games. They require a certain return travel before the key can be re-clicked. Pretty much ruin fast pushes. I think everyone who has used blues a lot would agree.

That said, I use my Filco 87 with blues fine on Starcraft 2.
    I just have to switch back to HHKB or something else for shooters.
    i7 2700k 4.60ghz -- Z68XP-UD4 F6F -- Ripjaws 2x4gb 1600mhz -- 560 Ti 448 stock!? -- Liquid Cooling Apogee XT -- Claro+ ATH-M50s -- U2711 2560x1440
    Majestouch 87 Blue -- Choc Mini Brown -- Poker Red -- MX11900 -- G9

Xtreme Mentor
    I've been using Logitech diNovo for a while now. It has no backlit but it is wireless and looks very like this one in size and form (from the distance anyways).

I like the diNovo very much, it is really good to write on. You get the same feeling as a good laptop-keyboard, but it is a bit bigger and really easy to move around.

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (BIOS 1305)
    2600K @4.5GHz 1.27v , 1 hour Prime
    Silver Arrow , push/pull
    2x2GB Crucial 1066MHz CL7 ECC @1600MHz CL9 1.51v
    GTX560 GB OC @910/2400 0.987v
    Crucial C300 v006 64GB OS-disk + F3 1TB + 400MB RAMDisk
    CM Storm Scout + Corsair HX 1000W
    +
    EVGA SR-2 , A50
    2 x Xeon X5650 @3.86GHz(203x19) 1.20v
    Megahalem + Silver Arrow , push/pull
    3x2GB Corsair XMS3 1600 CL7 + 3x4GB G.SKILL Trident 1600 CL7 = 18GB @1624 7-8-7-20 1.65v
    XFX GTX 295 @650/1200/1402
    Crucial C300 v006 64GB OS-disk + F3 1TB + 2GB RAMDisk
    SilverStone Fortress FT01 + Corsair AX 1200W

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by gillll View Post

this is one of the best kb there is ! big keys can handle coffee, and other abuses.

@ work i have only this one
    i agree, we use these all over campus too

Ryzen 9 3900X w/ NH-U14s on MSI X570 Unify
    32 GB Patriot Viper Steel 3733 CL14 (1.51v)
    RX 5700 XT w/ 2x 120mm fan mod (2 GHz)
    Tons of NVMe & SATA SSDs
    LG 27GL850 + Asus MG279Q
    Meshify C white

Xtreme CCIE
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewZorn View Post
    Blue is NOT a good switch for [demanding] games. They require a certain return travel before the key can be re-clicked. Pretty much ruin fast pushes. I think everyone who has used blues a lot would agree.

That said, I use my Filco 87 with blues fine on Starcraft 2.
    I just have to switch back to HHKB or something else for shooters.
    Not only that, just think of a LAN part full of people using blue's. Any advantage from the audible click would be lost in the crowd, as would any chance of being able to hear the person next to you. It would be a terrible, terrible thing to listen to, and I can't imagine Razer would do that to people.

Oddly, I think I would be fine in a room full of people typing in an office though, because at least then it would be rhythmic...

Strictly speaking I believe blacks are meant to be the 'best' for gaming, but I think most people would actually get more out of the feedback offered by browns. A little more distance, sure, but you feel the bump more precisely. IMO a black would be pro-grade, but the brown is how you would train your fingers to get to the sensitivity to properly use the blacks (eg. get you used to typing without bottoming out). Blue being just for typists and occasional gamers.

Edit: And really, any mechanical keyboard makes more noise than your typical rubber-dome keyboard. That's probably all that was meant by the 'noise' comment.

Edit II: Moving thread as it has long since been hijacked.
    Last edited by Serra; 08-24-2010 at 09:05 AM.
    Dual CCIE (Route\Switch and Security) at your disposal. Have a Cisco-related or other network question? My PM box is always open.

Xtreme Network:
    - Cisco 3560X-24P PoE Switch
    - Cisco ASA 5505 Firewall
    - Cisco 4402 Wireless LAN Controller
    - Cisco 3502i Access Point

Xtreme Addict
    To any who may care, the Black Widow does infact use Cherry MX Blues, I just stumbled across the proof here:

http://razerblueprints.net/index.php.../topic,8729.0/

Given the marketing info, no surprise really but a let down none the less.

Also... http://www.ione.com.tw/2009/Product/6A_SC-M10%20BL.asp

Look familiar... ? In the end the whole thing is just marketing hype and general bull. Fail rebrand Razer... Fail! And they made it sound like they designed the thing...

Now this isn't to say it won't be a decent keyboard, It still will be better than the majority of traditional boards, there just are better options. Its stilll the only alternative to the Deck boards if one wants something mechanical AND backlit however the lack of PS/2 is not ideal given the limits of USB nkey roll over. Really calling it a gaming board is a stretch given 2 key design limitations ( switch and interface type ) I'd still take it over the G15/19 and G110 though.
    Last edited by Chickenfeed; 08-26-2010 at 09:19 PM.
    Feedanator 7.0
    CASE:R5|PSU:850G2|CPU:i7 6850K|MB:x99 Ultra|RAM:8x4 2666|GPU:980TI|SSD:BPX256/Evo500|SOUND:2i4/HS8
    LCD:XB271HU|OS:Win10|INPUT:G900/K70 |HS/F:H115i

Xtreme Mentor
    MagicBoard:

A wireless Bluetooth, Wi-Fi enabled keyboard that features gesture control and touchscreen surface. Totally customizable with personalized configuration options, the board transforms smoothly from computer keys to piano keys to a drum skin!

http://www.yankodesign.com/2010/07/1...-kingdom-come/

Its still concept stage however
    Last edited by Ao1; 08-27-2010 at 01:06 AM.

YouTube Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Ao1 View Post
    MagicBoard:

A wireless Bluetooth, Wi-Fi enabled keyboard that features gesture control and touchscreen surface. Totally customizable with personalized configuration options, the board transforms smoothly from computer keys to piano keys to a drum skin!

absolutely worthless.

You, know there are extremely good reasons why the keyboard is the dominate method of interacting with the computer. [Less than 0.00003% of all computer interactions involve the mouse]

Such as, touch interfaces suck when it comes to typing, editing text, or my personal favorite getting useful done quickly.
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Xtreme Mentor
    The keyboard is a hangover from the days of type writers and the layout is inefficient. A mouse was only invented because no one thought that men would learn to type write. Concept wise this is infinitely better, but if it works well I guess is another matter. If it did I would switch immediately.

Xtreme Mentor
    Here’s another example of a touch screen keyboard, albeit currently concept. The concept of being able to customise configuration and more interactively work with your pc with a single multi-function devise is really appealing to me. If their current keyboard is anything to go by ($2,400) it’s not going to be cheap though.

And for those that prefer tradition keyboards a re-work of the The IBM M-15 Ergo Keyboard

Or this

or perhaps this

and for laptops
    Last edited by Ao1; 08-28-2010 at 03:03 AM.

Xtreme Guru
    How does MX Black switches compare to common rubber dome keyboards in terms of force requiring to press down the keys? Is it a big difference?
    Intel? Core i5-4670K @ 4.3 GHz | ASRock Extreme6 Z87 | G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB @ DDR4-1866 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 970 OC Windforce 3x | Super Flower Titanium 1000W | ViewSonic VX2268wm 120Hz LCD | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | Logitech MX-518 | Win 7 x64 Professional | Samsung 850 EVO & 840 Pro SSDs

If all people would share opinions in an objective manner, the world would be a friendlier place

Xtreme CCIE
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post
    How does MX Black switches compare to common rubber dome keyboards in terms of force requiring to press down the keys? Is it a big difference?
    Opinions may vary, but I would say it is a big difference. With an MX Black the force required is completely linear through the entire key press until you bottom out, but with a rubber dome the force increases until the domes integrity is compromised, at which point it folds down with almost no force at all until you get very near the bottom where it can pick up again while you compress the rubber itself until you hit the point where you can't go any further.
    Dual CCIE (Route\Switch and Security) at your disposal. Have a Cisco-related or other network question? My PM box is always open.

Xtreme Network:
    - Cisco 3560X-24P PoE Switch
    - Cisco ASA 5505 Firewall
    - Cisco 4402 Wireless LAN Controller
    - Cisco 3502i Access Point

Xtreme Guru
    So which "feels" heavier? :p How does the "linear" black switches attenuation force compare to rubber dome's initial resistance when the domes integrity is compromised?
    Last edited by RPGWiZaRD; 08-30-2010 at 02:42 AM.
    Intel? Core i5-4670K @ 4.3 GHz | ASRock Extreme6 Z87 | G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB @ DDR4-1866 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 970 OC Windforce 3x | Super Flower Titanium 1000W | ViewSonic VX2268wm 120Hz LCD | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | Logitech MX-518 | Win 7 x64 Professional | Samsung 850 EVO & 840 Pro SSDs

If all people would share opinions in an objective manner, the world would be a friendlier place

Logitech's K800 is the king by far. Backlight with a sensor is a nice addition.. So good feel/touch with the buttons..

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaV[666] View Post
    Why the hell, almost 90% of keyboards nowadays have small and low keys.They all wanna look like notebook keyboards, there however its a MUST because it has to be small and fit under the closed screen.Why oh why on dekstop ?Thats less ergonomic and theres is no point in that on desktop.Damn.
    Big fat keys like i had on the commodore and amiga would be awesome.
    That's why I'm still rockin the IBM Type-M
    OCZ, where life-time warranty means until we're out of stock!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Ao1 View Post
    MagicBoard:

I like that! it would be sweet for a media center keyboard!

My Free-DC Stats
    You use IRC and Crunch in Xs WCG team? Join #xs.wcg @ Quakenet

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345