Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: keyboard holygrail - Wireless and backlit keyboard by Logitech

Xτræmε ÇruñcheΓ
    According to Geekhack thread about it, the Razer mechanical STILL isn't real NKRO. So I guess going mechanical is still just a marketing idea, not an actual move toward quality products.

Also supposedly it is a new/custom keyswitch.

http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?t=11146
    Last edited by AndrewZorn; 08-19-2010 at 09:49 AM.
    i7 2700k 4.60ghz -- Z68XP-UD4 F6F -- Ripjaws 2x4gb 1600mhz -- 560 Ti 448 stock!? -- Liquid Cooling Apogee XT -- Claro+ ATH-M50s -- U2711 2560x1440
    Majestouch 87 Blue -- Choc Mini Brown -- Poker Red -- MX11900 -- G9

Xtreme Enthusiast
    If this one is exempt from being very sensitive to signal distance problems like all wireless keyboards out now, then this is the holy grail. The one I use for my HTCP has intermittent signal strength issues.

Chasing After Diety
    Quote Originally Posted by gillll View Post

this is one of the best kb there is ! big keys can handle coffee, and other abuses.

@ work i have only this one
    dude +1...

those dell keyboards are durable as hell.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Xtreme Guru
    I don't know about you but this looks like a plausible holygrail kb to me and the first KB that might replace my old Keytronic from 2000.

http://www2.razerzone.com/blackwidow

The one without backlights and extra ports seems very reasonably priced for a mechanical kb if u ask me, $80 for a mechanical kb with fully programmable keys and macro key on-the-fly programming support too. It's not available yet though but this certainly has caught my eyes. It feels like love on first sight.
    Last edited by RPGWiZaRD; 08-20-2010 at 06:31 PM.
    Intel? Core i5-4670K @ 4.3 GHz | ASRock Extreme6 Z87 | G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB @ DDR4-1866 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 970 OC Windforce 3x | Super Flower Titanium 1000W | ViewSonic VX2268wm 120Hz LCD | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | Logitech MX-518 | Win 7 x64 Professional | Samsung 850 EVO & 840 Pro SSDs

If all people would share opinions in an objective manner, the world would be a friendlier place

I am Xtreme
    Hopefully w/ Razer starting to sell a keyboard w/ mechanical keys, maybe Logitech will actually realize they mechanical key switches > sissor/membrane switches.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    Hopefully w/ Razer starting to sell a keyboard w/ mechanical keys, maybe Logitech will actually realize they mechanical key switches > sissor/membrane switches.
    I have a feeling this will become true sooner or later. Also I like how this Razer mechanical KB is tweaked for a very low actuation force for a mechanical tactile kb if you check the "What are mechanical keyboards?" section for some fancy slides.
    Intel? Core i5-4670K @ 4.3 GHz | ASRock Extreme6 Z87 | G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB @ DDR4-1866 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 970 OC Windforce 3x | Super Flower Titanium 1000W | ViewSonic VX2268wm 120Hz LCD | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | Logitech MX-518 | Win 7 x64 Professional | Samsung 850 EVO & 840 Pro SSDs

If all people would share opinions in an objective manner, the world would be a friendlier place

YouTube Addict
    WRONG.

IBM's Model M Keyboard was and still is the greatest Keyboard of all time.
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step View Post
    WRONG.

IBM's Model M Keyboard was and still is the greatest Keyboard of all time.
    There is better. But it is definitely good. Definitely better than any Logitech keyboard.

YouTube Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    There is better. But it is definitely good. Definitely better than any Logitech keyboard.
    name one other device you bought in 1984, that you still use today and by only replacing a single cord [Which cost 1 Dollar] upgraded the system to the latest standard? [USB in my case ]
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Xtreme Cruncher
    I have about 15-20 model M's in my basement. You'd be surprised at how much people pay for these things
    Fold for XS!
    You know you want to

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post
    I have a feeling this will become true sooner or later. Also I like how this Razer mechanical KB is tweaked for a very low actuation force for a mechanical tactile kb if you check the "What are mechanical keyboards?" section for some fancy slides.
    Over at Overclock.net they are saying the new Razor is not real mechanical but just a marketing "scam"
    Desktop I5-3570k, 8GB Ram, GTX 560, Silverstone TJ08-E, Crucial M4 128GB, 750W Silver Power, ASUS P8Z77-M
    Laptop ThinkPad W520 2720QM /2 x 4 GB ram / Quadro 1000M / Crucial M4 128GB + 500Gb Hdd / FHD Screen / Intel WiFi Link 6300 AGN WLAN / 9 Cell Battery
    Laptop 2 New Macbook Pro Retina / i7 QuadCore / 650 GT / 16GB Ram / 512 GB SSD
    Server: Athlon II X4 640, ASROCK K10N78, 8GB Ram, LSI MegaRaid 8 port, 64GB Vertex 1, 5 x 1 TB WD Raid6, 3 x 3TB Seagate Raid5

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Mech0z View Post
    Over at Overclock.net they are saying the new Razor is not real mechanical but just a marketing "scam"
    link?
    Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    just start taking pics of peoples kids the parents will come talk to you shortly. if you have a big creepy van it works faster

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Mech0z View Post
    I've been following two threads @OCN concerning the Razer BW and no has said it does not have mechanical switches. There are plenty who don't trust that Razer can market a quality mech kb for as little as $80 ($130 w/LEDs). Who knows? Let's wait for independent reviews before drawing conclusions.

Someone on the inside (works with/for Razer?) confirmed the BlackWidow has MX Blue switches: http://razerblueprints.net/index.php.../topic,8729.0/

Xtreme Mentor
    I was thinking if i should order a Das Professional Model S Silent keyboard its the only one i could find that ships from the states to India. Wanted the non silent model but cant find it in stock anywhere which ships to India.

Anyone have any experience with Das Professional Model S Silent keyboard ? Is it good enough for heavy gaming purposes among the normal office chores.

The last mechanical keyboard i used was a IBM Model M and that was when i was in my junior high Do mechanical keyboards like the Das one have any incompatibility issues with new games? I saw some reviews of other mechanical keyboards in which certain key combos dont work at all. Is there any problem using "WASD" keys for game navigation?
    Coming Soon

Nerdy Powerlifter
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulsCollective View Post
    ...has anyone ever told you you're a very strange person?
    All the time.

I grew up w/ trackpoint mice and I'm so accustomed to it, it's second nature.

I only own IBM/Lenovo keyboards & laptops. I have a crappy emachines keyboard that's PSU, just to trouble shoot bioses if I need PS2 support.

This is XS, so you have to have Xtremely strange people.
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Xτræmε ÇruñcheΓ
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaidev View Post
    I was thinking if i should order a Das Professional Model S Silent keyboard its the only one i could find that ships from the states to India. Wanted the non silent model but cant find it in stock anywhere which ships to India.

Anyone have any experience with Das Professional Model S Silent keyboard ? Is it good enough for heavy gaming purposes among the normal office chores.

The last mechanical keyboard i used was a IBM Model M and that was when i was in my junior high Do mechanical keyboards like the Das one have any incompatibility issues with new games? I saw some reviews of other mechanical keyboards in which certain key combos dont work at all. Is there any problem using "WASD" keys for game navigation?
    This has nothing to do with being mechanical. If anything, mechanical boards tend to have a higher resistance to key ghosting just because of attention to detail in a costlier product.

The Model M everyone keeps going on about is only about as good as a 'normal' keyboard [for simultaneous keypresses].
    The Das Keyboards have had mixed and controversial success in this regard.
    Topre capacitive switches supposedly can only be made in a way that avoids ghosting issues.

No matter who says so, USB keyboards (without some very special USB drivers) can only handle 6 keys at once. The superior PS/2 has no practical limit. The IBM Model F from 1984 better gaming performance in that area than most "GAMING" products.
    Keyboards that are truly free from this problem are known to have N-Key rollover, or NKRO... but as stated above, marketing tries to bend this rule.
    Last edited by AndrewZorn; 08-21-2010 at 02:34 PM.
    i7 2700k 4.60ghz -- Z68XP-UD4 F6F -- Ripjaws 2x4gb 1600mhz -- 560 Ti 448 stock!? -- Liquid Cooling Apogee XT -- Claro+ ATH-M50s -- U2711 2560x1440
    Majestouch 87 Blue -- Choc Mini Brown -- Poker Red -- MX11900 -- G9

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Synthetickiller View Post
    All the time.

I grew up w/ trackpoint mice and I'm so accustomed to it, it's second nature.

I only own IBM/Lenovo keyboards & laptops.
    I love IBM/Lenovo laptops, they are the only ones I will buy and I love using the trackpads on them, so easy to use and they are second nature to me as well. It is so funny watching someone else use my laptop b/c I have actually pulled out the ribbon cable for touchpad, so you must use the trackpad

Anyways, I still prefer a mouse over a trackpad, especially if I am on the computer for a longer period of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    just start taking pics of peoples kids the parents will come talk to you shortly. if you have a big creepy van it works faster

Xtreme Member
    wireless autocharging = holy grail

Xtreme Addict
    I'd like to see some foot pedal action also. Love to set my weapon switch or talk button to a foot pedal.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoasthandle View Post
    The last thing I want to worry about (again) is charging such devices. Therefore, I'm not interested in them as I've already been through that before.
    Indeed, I am sick of charging/changing batteries as well. However, I've tolerated one wireless device simply because there is no superior option from the manufacturer.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-p...ls/devices/189

I appreciate Logitech's trackballs and I believe this is their best trackball, as its clickers don't seem to wear out too easily. Unfortunately, it is only available as a wireless model.

XmX

Xtreme Enthusiast
    haha, this will be funny to see how it turns out. FYI logitec are retards, their plain keyboards can barely function without software. Its going to be fun reading all the glowing reviews this one is going to garner from real owners, not just the shills who seem to be doing all the reviewing for peripherals.

Xtreme Addict
    So. its just a wireless keyboard with backlight

i hope if they just release a wireless gaming keyboard like G10 or G19

I found this one Enermax KB009W-B which is uses some G15 features

The Acrylux is designed with flat key caps, and this results in two characteristics. The first is the there are not wide gaps between individuals keys that are often found on more “traditional” keyboards, such as the Logitech G15, for example. So you have a larger “hitting” surface on the Acrylux, resulting in less mistakes when moving quickly across the board.

The second characteristic is that the flat keys lack the cups also often found on traditional board designs, again like the G15. The Acrylux, by comparison, is probably best reminiscent of a more laptop-style design, with thin profile keys, flat angles, and very small gaps. So if you’re accustomed to taller, cupped keys on the clackety-clack boards, then the Acrylux will be a big change. However, if you’re used to flat, low response boards, then you’ll feel right at home with the Acrylux.
    http://www.pureoverclock.com/article956.html

But its without multimedia keys
    Gaming rig;
    ASUS RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION
    I7-4390K
    G.SKILL Trident X 16GB 2400
    Intel 530 240GB
    2x Asus GTX780
    Corsair AX1200
    HP ZR30w 30
    Win 8.1 pro
    Sound rig;
    Auzen X-Fi H.T. HD --> Yulong D100 MKII --> D-7100

Xtreme Addict
    As for the comments on the upcoming razer black widow all the marketing specs suggest it uses cherry mx blue switches appart from the claim that razer designed their own ( honestly doubtful... ) It looks to be a solid option and cheaper than the deck keyboards ( 159usd + shipping... not cheap ) I wish they'd have used cherry black switches though as linear switches are ideal for gaming, not so much for typing though. Apparently the blues still fare well in games and excell at typing so perhaps razer are going for a good middle ground. Still it will make for the only other LED mechanical available in north america ( i believe theres some LED keyboards available in asia / europe ) and the first one will a full gamer feature list ( macro keys, media keys )

I just recently picked up my first mechanical keyboard (steelseries 6gv2) and I must say my G15 has been put to shame. Although the LEDs have a certain cool factor the way I see it now as far as visibility goes, lack of lights will only make one a better typist in low light environments as they won't be able to rely on eyesight as a cruch. I never used the macros and found the LCD to be of limited use anyways so really in the end for me it just was an oversized back lit keyboard with style.

As far as the logitech illuminated, we carry them where I work and they use the same scissor switches as any old laptop so it fails to impress. I've yet to use a laptop keyboard which feels decent but thats me.

As far as the whole PS/2 / USB thing, PS/2 still has the advantage of supporting full n key roll over which can be of use in some applications but mostly in high speed gaming environments. This steel series board is native usb but comes with a usb -> ps/2 adaptor and it works perfectly fine as such with no apparent issues.
    Last edited by Chickenfeed; 08-23-2010 at 03:44 PM.
    Feedanator 7.0
    CASE:R5|PSU:850G2|CPU:i7 6850K|MB:x99 Ultra|RAM:8x4 2666|GPU:980TI|SSD:BPX256/Evo500|SOUND:2i4/HS8
    LCD:XB271HU|OS:Win10|INPUT:G900/K70 |HS/F:H115i

Xtreme Guru
    What switches are preferred for gaming in mechanical keyboards is down to personal preference. I'd gladly take a MX Brown to avoid hearing the clicks but at least blue rather than black. Blues are like a middleground like you said and probably a wise option that works great for typing and good for gaming too according to most people, MX Blue is most preferred switches over at Geekhack forums for example.
    Last edited by RPGWiZaRD; 08-23-2010 at 04:07 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Do note their forum is full of typists, not gamers and blues are among the best for purely typing which is why their choice of blues is as such. I'll agree it is preference to an extent but from a purely technical standpoint blacks are the best for gaming preference aside. What I can agree with is that *any* mechanical switch is better than the cheapo dome switches the market is flooded with so anything is an improvement. I game more than type so I'm quite happy with the blacks and can type quite well on them too. I tried a Das Keyboard Profressional ( the non silent which uses blues instead of browns ) and although it was nice I still am liking the blacks more but again preference to a point.
    Last edited by Chickenfeed; 08-23-2010 at 04:46 PM.
    Feedanator 7.0
    CASE:R5|PSU:850G2|CPU:i7 6850K|MB:x99 Ultra|RAM:8x4 2666|GPU:980TI|SSD:BPX256/Evo500|SOUND:2i4/HS8
    LCD:XB271HU|OS:Win10|INPUT:G900/K70 |HS/F:H115i

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast