Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did ASUS intend to sack MSI LOC ???

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian@ASUS View Post
    All i have to say is anyone talking about andre and asus, just leave it alone. rumors are rumors, whats done is done, IF andre was even hired at ASUS in god knows which region, you will never know exactly what he does there. he can be president, he can be cleaning the toilets. point is, its non of anyones business what he does with his life and how anyone comes in contact with him. hes banned, let it go. as long as he does not involve himself with the community directly, he is considered out of sight and out of mind.

the next time anyone brings up andre and asus to me i will just laugh with no answer, so if you're trying to get an answer, just a heads up, there wont be.
    15, Li-Te Rd.
    Peitou, Taipei 112
    Taiwan

I can give you his phone extension if need be, don't dare me, I'm not kidding, neither I do allow anyone especially a manufacturer to manipulate me in any way.

And, he still is interfering with the OC community.
    Just look at another Asus's employee HWbot profile.... JtChen2002 [ who's account just got credited with 4 scores all out of sudden, with an 980X E.S. with nearly-exacto clocks like AndreYang's chip ].

By the way, Andre was hired to bench with Asus hardware, be Asus's "Hicookie", to conquer & reign the HWbot & FutureMark ORB hall of fame.

I'm not taking it on you or blaming you for this, but if you don't have a clue about it, just refrain from posting about it.
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    Knopflerbruce, you surprised me; I have meet you in person, dont chicken out and write that kind of bull, I was really surprised to see you taking such cheap shots, and in such silly way, I remember you as a really intelligent and shy person, its ashame that you dont have the dignity of recognizing me, and what it is truely about, and confront me in a good way - I have no doubt that you are capable of doing so, and, I bet if you read between the lines, you'd bust me in what I am really saying...
    You started the name calling and trashtalking already in the first post. Why should I write a serious and polite answer to that?

If you wanted to discuss this in a civil manner, you wouldn't have written such an aggressive post to begin with... Lots of crazy accusations you've written - if you did this "IRL" you might get a lawsuit on your hands.
    --->TeamPURE<---

Come on guys, we all know it was the alien influence that has permeated our entire society of the past 20 years. How you think we got this marvelous hardware to play with anyway

Xtreme n00berclocker
    WR for best thread ever!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6
    damn you guys...am i in a three way and didn't know it again
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian y.
    Im exclusively benching ECS from this point forward

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Planet View Post
    WR for best thread ever!
    I suppose he's gotta be able to claim some WR at least.
    I KNOW MASSMAN DISLIKES YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by saaya
    yo yo... man, you gotta lose the beard... you look like a drunk :P
    Competition ranking: Better than the danes in everything I've ever entered.

Xtreme Member
    mbeier and benchzowner, you act as if im stupid or something... those submissions have no points involved, how does that affect the community? those scores are posted to show what ASUS hardware is capable of doing. if he posts on hwbot for points, then yes he is interfering with the community, if he is talking and interacting in the forums, then yes he is participating in the community. but if someone posts bench results as a company not ranking themselves, then i see no harm done. if so, please let me know... from what i can see, if i had people on ASUS' team posting up scores under 1 name with no ranking, i dont see a problem with that. massman do you? it is purely to show what the hardware is capable of doing, as long as we don't compete for points or competitions.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    those submissions have no points involved, how does that affect the community?
    First of all, for another time, Andre disregards the community's & HWbot's rules and posts scores under another account whilst he's banned.
    Second of all, he's also breaking another rule while breaking another rule, hardware sharing.

By the way, are you confirming that it's Andre ? Because that's how it kinda looks like.

those scores are posted to show what ASUS hardware is capable of doing.
    Who are we kidding now ?
    This is not extreme-computer-noobs.com, this is XtremeSystems and most of the people here, at least the extreme overclockers know their stuff.
    This is what Andre's 980X can do.
    Any high end motherboard, be it an Asus, an eVGA, a Gigabyte, or a Biostar, it will clock the CPU similarly, from close to very close, or lagging a bit behind or even surpass it.

but if someone posts bench results as a company not ranking themselves, then i see no harm done.
    How's that any good for the consumer ? Let me say it, it isn't.
    It's only good for viral marketing, for the manufacturers like Asus, etc.

None of the manufacturers should pay somebody and spoon-feed him with hundreds of hardware to break records or produce very high scores to post on a site.

If it was my call, every manufacturer's employee would've been removed from HWbot already.
    But that's just me.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Member
    well sadly, your opinion doesn't really affect me so... yea.... moving on..

Aussie God
    mbeier and benchzowner, you act as if im stupid or something... those submissions have no points involved, how does that affect the community? those scores are posted to show what ASUS hardware is capable of doing. if he posts on hwbot for points, then yes he is interfering with the community, if he is talking and interacting in the forums, then yes he is participating in the community. but if someone posts bench results as a company not ranking themselves, then i see no harm done. if so, please let me know... from what i can see, if i had people on ASUS' team posting up scores under 1 name with no ranking, i dont see a problem with that. massman do you? it is purely to show what the hardware is capable of doing, as long as we don't compete for points or competitions.
    Sorry Brian, wasnt my intension, I am just pinpointing that you do not know everything about ASUS - you have to be Taiwanese and work in HQ for that...
    So far we have proven two things;
    1) AndreYang does in fact work for ASUS..
    2) AndreYang is posting on hwbot, but not for points at the moment...

I am saying this because, I dont think you have anything to do with this, your work in N.A. and from what I read and see, you are doing an amazing job, but you cant control ASUS HQ, its just not realistic, sorry.
    I bet that you wish this stuff didnt come out, and I bet you disagree personally and professionally with the actions of HQ... The best move would just let HQ take the punishment, and not you.

For the record; Massman is no longer posting on XS.... I do not know if its temporarial, or permanent.
    Last edited by M.Beier; 08-18-2010 at 01:52 PM.
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Xtreme Member
    thanks, ill check with massman through email on rules of all this. just a FYI, i know exactly whats going on in HQ, just a FYI, just because we know something, doesnt mean we will tell the whole world about it. yes i know the whole world wants to know everything going on, but thats not how it works.

ill clarify some rules with massman before i post any further.

Aussie God
    thanks, ill check with massman through email on rules of all this. just a FYI, i know exactly whats going on in HQ, just a FYI, just because we know something, doesnt mean we will tell the whole world about it. yes i know the whole world wants to know everything going on, but thats not how it works.

ill clarify some rules with massman before i post any further.
    But Brian, why did we have to tell you and convince you about those two facts that you already knew then? It doesnt pay by the end of the day...
    Competition ranking;
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;

Xtreme Member
    because you're like TRYING to call ASUS out and create a stir. just doesnt help anyone. if ASUS screwed up with anyone they hired, then its all fair game. but until asus screwed up hardcore breaking any rules, then i dont see why we are called out for something that hasnt happened it. there is no threat. what im trying to communicate is for whatever accusations there are, i will try and keep the threat level down

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    "He who has done nothing wrong, doesn't hide in the shadows".

By reacting the way you did, first saying "No way! Never gonna happen, it's just a rumor, it's not true" and then saying "Yes it is true, but it's not that way" just adds more to the stir.

Feel free to use the "No comment" response now

By the way, nobody said "I'm sure Asus did it, asked Andre to do this and that".
    They're assumptions, somebody saying his thoughts out loud.
    If you ask me, anything's possible.
    Andre doing it for no reason.
    Andre doing it on his own.
    Andre being asked by MSI to "allow more well-known overclockers to enter instead of newcomers or just not so known people".
    Andre could've been also asked by Asus.
    Andre could've been asked by Aten Ra.
    ...etc etc.

p.s. If Asus really cares about the community & HWbot, why did you guys decided to hire somebody who got banned by the community ? Couldn't you just hire somebody else ? Like it's just 1 person out there.

Xtreme Member
    true. ok no comment =]

Aussie God
    because you're like TRYING to call ASUS out and create a stir. just doesnt help anyone. if ASUS screwed up with anyone they hired, then its all fair game. but until asus screwed up hardcore breaking any rules, then i dont see why we are called out for something that hasnt happened it. there is no threat. what im trying to communicate is for whatever accusations there are, i will try and keep the threat level down
    But Brian, if ASUS cares about the community, why hire someone who has been caught for cheating, done illigal dealing with Intel processors, someone who is banned from xtremesystems, hwbot, someone caught in fraud bigtime with the online competition questioned by start of this thread...?
    To me it doesnt seem like ASUS has no conscience and trying to cover up a filthy scheme by denial untill proven wrong...

Brian simply just answer me this; Why do you think AndreYang has to post on another account now? The answer should ring a warning bell if its legit or not, fact is, ASUS has choosen to support someone rejected by the community, for a perfectly unquestioned reason, taken with pants down and hands in the cookie jar, cheating....
    Does ASUS embrace what the community reject? Does ASUS support cheating? Because that is sure what it looks like to me.
    Competition ranking;

Spectating;

Xtreme Member
    no comment ... hahah ok but in all seriousness. can this A person be of assistance to asus? possibly? can that person help develop better products? possible. will he be involved with any marketing? NO is he posting directly on hwbot submissions? NO. are there other people helping him overclock? possible, can the other people post 1 submission? possible. http://www.hwbot.org/article/guides/rules in rule #4 if you 2 people are benching, 1 person can submit. thats all i can say for now. ding ding ding done!

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    can this A person be of assistance to asus? possibly?
    Could:
    Tin_EOF... Ceemic... G80... K|ngp|n... NapalmV5... Nanok... JonnyGuru... Franck... FELIX... etc be of any help to asus ? Possibly ?

Is Andre the only person on this planet able to help Asus ? No.

There are quite a few better people ( in every aspect ) on these forums you guys could hire to assist you.
    Good people, honest, smart, creative, friendly.
    Some of them carry electronics engineering knowledge as well.
    Not just overclocking experience.

can that person help develop better products? possible.
    See above.

will he be involved with any marketing? NO
    Not for marketing ? Then why are you using him to get scores to POST on HWbot and/or forums ?
    If you wanted a FB ( Feedback ) guy regarding the overclocking capabilities of your products, you would put him in the lab give him the products ( current and upcoming ) and ask him for his thoughts, experience, ideas, and co.
    You wouldn't post/publish/release any of his scores to the public/HWbot/etc.

is he posting directly on hwbot submissions? NO.
    NO he is posting directly, just using his co-worker's HWbot account.
    And that doesn't make it any better than creating a new account himself.
    When you're banned you are banned, and you're not supposed to use that site/tool/etc in any way.

are there other people helping him overclock? possible
    Doesn't really matter because he is the one configuring, tweaking and running the benchmarks.
    And the bigger issue here is, even if we accept that it's another person benching, doing everything with Andre just watching, it's still illegal, because he's using Andre's CPU to run 2D benchmarks, which is disallowed by HWbot and its "hardware sharing rule".

can the other people post 1 submission?
    Post someone else's result ? Seriously ?
    That's also forbidden by HWbot and of course on XS too, nobody wants that kind of people.

Xtreme Member
    did you read the hwbot rules?

ill double confirm on this with massman. as of what im aware, shamino and kingpin work together and 1 person posts a score. others work together and post a score as well.

other than this i really dont have any more comments because im tired of the drama. so im done. bye

Aussie God
    no comment ... hahah ok but in all seriousness. can this A person be of assistance to asus? possibly? can that person help develop better products? possible. will he be involved with any marketing? NO is he posting directly on hwbot submissions? NO. are there other people helping him overclock? possible, can the other people post 1 submission? possible. http://www.hwbot.org/article/guides/rules in rule #4 if you 2 people are benching, 1 person can submit. thats all i can say for now. ding ding ding done!
    Again; Andre has been banned, and for a reason, doesnt matter if he changes name, gender, bench with a colleague, he is still banned.

did you read the hwbot rules?

ill double confirm on this with massman. as of what im aware, shamino and kingpin work together and 1 person posts a score. others work together and post a score as well.

other than this i really dont have any more comments because im tired of the drama. so im done. bye
    I have already checked a little up myself;
    http://hwbot.org/community/user/andr...ab=submissions

See that "Deleted entry", I can asure you, some people, Massman for one, has access to that stuff still... The figures of 1M, 32M, PiFast indicated alot that it is Andres processor, this being the gap between the frequencies ran in the categories, and the effeciency.
    All needed for the new user to be banned, as stated on hwbot forum, was just a proof that it is AndreYang benching.
    - That proof has, as I see it, just been acquired.

This meaning, if I am not completely out of my mind, less then 20 hours from now, AndreYang' new account on hwbot has been banned.

Furthermore, I would almost say with certainly this extends Andre' 1 year ban, to more severe, as he, while being banned, tried to avoid the ban, and furthermore embraced HW-sharring.
    Competition ranking;

Spectating;

I am Xtreme
    I know you guys mean well for the oc community but...lets keep it friendly.

Andreyang is banned here already here @ XS

Don't pin Andreyang issue with Brian@asus. If you guys want Andreyang or some other person banned from hwbot, report it to hwbot crew.

Brian@asus has done an excellent job with quakecon and asus iiixiii

north america sorta need this positive route that brian@asus is leading with the rog experience tour.

seeing one girl get 6ghz is quite good..this was only possible coz of the asus crew...

Brian@asus we still have a long year ahead. hope we could still have more oc events.

Xtreme Member
    thanks honda, i do hope asus NA can set a good example for other regions of ASUS and the community. well continue to investigate on how not to piss people off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    I know you guys mean well for the oc community but...lets keep it friendly.

Andreyang is banned here already here @ XS

Don't pin Andreyang issue with Brian@asus. If you guys want Andreyang or some other person banned from hwbot, report it to hwbot crew.

Brian@asus has done an excellent job with quakecon and asus iiixiii

north america sorta need this positive route that brian@asus is leading with the rog experience tour.

seeing one girl get 6ghz is quite good..this was only possible coz of the asus crew...

Brian@asus we still have a long year ahead. hope we could still have more oc events.

Aussie God
    thanks honda, i do hope asus NA can set a good example for other regions of ASUS and the community. well continue to investigate on how not to piss people off.
    brian, sorry for being harsh on you. I hope you are right, I truely do!
    From what you say and what you showed lately, that is the ASUS as I want it, so I vouche for you - but HQ is another matter, I hope you can convince them to follow a decent path, its best for everyone, INCLUDING ASUS, its alot better to win the hearts of the community then trying to cheat it.

I hope you dont just label me as a pain in the neck, but take advice from what has been said, and push it forward internally. If that happens, then everyone had a major success out of this - in my book.
    Competition ranking;

Spectating;

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Some of you guys make it sound as if any of Andre's scores are dirty - which is not true. None of his submissions are fake/cheated/whatever. He helped others to cheat, but I don't think the term "cheat" should be used. Unless it's so wide that breaking any rule would mean that person is a cheater... Maybe this is obvious? Just posting to be on the safe side so no-one gets any weird ideas about Andre's actions...

...what if the CPU is ASUS property and not Andre's personal chip? Andre's scores are taken down, which means they're not in the rankings anymore, which again means that there's no sharing going on.

I would think it's not allowed for a user to post scores if he's banned (duuuh!), even if he's a part of a pair who benches together... the idea with banning is to keep that person out of the rankings.
    --->TeamPURE<---

Turkey Man
    I see Asus' hiring of AY as just tit-for-tat with Gigabyte having HC.
    Been going on year after year with Asus and Gigabyte marketting.

Like someone has already pointed out, any of us with enough OC knowledge can tell that any of their results are based on the gem CPU.
    Unfortunately, they're more interested in hoodwinking the unknowing into thinking that an R3E or a UD9 makes it possible.

On this particular matter, i am very unhappy to see that AY, a known problem to the community, has been hired by a player in the community

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    I see Asus' hiring of AY as just tit-for-tat with Gigabyte having HC.
    Been going on year after year with Asus and Gigabyte marketting.

Like someone has already pointed out, any of us with enough OC knowledge can tell that any of their results are based on the gem CPU.
    Unfortunately, they're more interested in hoodwinking the unknowing into thinking that an R3E or a UD9 makes it possible.

On this particular matter, i am very unhappy to see that AY, a known problem to the community, has been hired by a player in the community
    He gets results, that's all they seem to care about. The best thing that occurs is competition, in my eyes... these overclockers and overclocking teams are almost like formula 1 teams in the way they are showcased even though everyone knows their cars will never go that fast. That's because those cars(mobos) are very expensive and money has been thrown at the situation to ensure a victory. Its what happens when you have competing companies trying to fight a proxy war in a certain forum. In this case its EVGA v ASUS v Gigabyte v MSI in overclocking.

Sometimes bad things happen and there is a shake up, but in the end such competitions inevitably end up in better products for consumers with more features and value.
    Last edited by Russian; 08-18-2010 at 11:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    I am magical.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast