Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did ASUS intend to sack MSI LOC ???

Aussie God

Did ASUS intend to sack MSI LOC ???

Might not be right section.... But i'll flood out my thoughts here anyway...
    Over the last many years, it has obviously not been in ASUS' strategy to have Internet overclocking contests, nor overclocking events, it simply wasnt a priority.

Please dont sack me if I got my story wrong...
    ASUS were actually the ones who opened the ball with AOOC, then Gigabyte followed up with GOOC, and MSI came in the end with MOA - all respected events.
    MSI taking lots of steps in making the competition more open, with qualifier rounds, Gigabyte followed up on this with a years delay, while ASUS never had anything open, and entering would require change in nationality, or a fake passport (sorry; I am not Swedish nor am I from Finland )
    ASUS choose to give up on events, and in generel, dealing with ASUS is very well known in Europe for being a nightmare.... Broken agreements, leaving in the middle of a dialog as if marketing person had a major accident and is permanently hospitalized... Heck, they are so far out that several of Europes biggest hardware review pages has given up hope and only communicate with HQ in Taiwan....

Anyhow.... The odd thing is....
    Mr.Andre Yang, black-market shark, dealing lots of illigal Intel Engineering Samples, he starts working for ASUS directly after a cheat/corruption bust that shaked the very foundation of competitive benchmarking..
    Because of this I cannot help wondering.... Was this Mr.Andre Yang working for ASUS already before the cheat bust? Why did Andre do it?
    Could a reason be that AndreYang might have been asked to by ASUS, to corrupt MSI competition???

According to Brian@ASUS here on XS, ASUS intends to step back into the game of supporting overclocking, and hosting competitions.....
    Was AndreYang's activity in MSI LOC really an attempt to make MSI look bad and give ASUS better chance of winning the minds of many overclockers???

One can only wonder..... Start the ball...

EDIT:
    ALTERNATIVE stories of what happen, what triggered the corruption....
    MSI didnt maketing their contest very well?? (I wouldnt agree...), and therefore didnt get satisfying scores to make their products shine - and he was asked by MSI to help them out to make the boards look even more fantastic...

Theory three;
    Results were sold, to economically benefit AndreYang

Theory four;
    AndreYang got bored with benchmarking and wanted a new hobby.....
    Last edited by M.Beier; 08-15-2010 at 08:08 AM.
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Xtreme X.I.P
    Who really want to answer at that ?
    ***** Visit us on PCWorld.fr *****

I am Xtreme
    Why are over-clockers like bunch of desperate housewives having to stab each-other in the back and gossiping? Get a life. You guys are engaging in a hobby. Maybe a little perspective on life and what really matters? You don't see us case modders creating all this drama (including the cheating and crap). This kind of crap (I mean everything from cheating to attacking MSI or Asus or any vendor who supports over-clocking) will just end up getting your support pulled at some point. Vendors only support over-clocking and case modding if they see ROI. If they see grief which means negative publicity you will see that support dry up. You might consider trying to grow support instead.
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Wanna look under my kilt?
    conspiracy theories!

P.S..... in before lock

P.P.S...:

Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Aussie God
    Darth, another wise and intelligent contribution from you... "Get a life", "Daaah, what ever, talk to the hand", you dont seem like a desperate housewife, nah, you just seem like a teenage b.tch...
    - And not exactly first time you do this.... Why do you even read this section, you know sh.t about what benchmarking is about anyway, you know sh.t about the community.... So why do you try to spread your opinion, when you dont really have one, since you dont even know what the opinion should be upon/regarding....

Quote Originally Posted by K404 View Post
    conspiracy theories!

P.S..... in before lock
    Wont get locked quite yet
    And Kenny, lay off with the Glenfididch, atleast untill I arrive

pt1t, I follow your opinion and respect it - but I do not agree, but you already know that Extreme only represents the results as for the end users, they dont ever see what is going on behind the curtains - Intel and AMD wont care about it.
    Competition ranking;
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;

Quote Originally Posted by K404 View Post

Going to have to mine out of storage also.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuchnit View Post
    Why do you always have to bring two sockets into everything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Because a one socket system is only 1/2 a system..
    You got two balls don't you?
    I rest my case!

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Xtreme Member
    This is REDONKYLAS !!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "realy magic isnt card tricks, big cribs and cars b1tch
    its 6 gig vantage full pass without 2v sh1t" Young Pro

Nice Hardware!!!
    So what was the issue here?

1.) You have bad contacts/relations to ASUS personally
    2.) You have issues with Andre working on ASUS

Which one is it or did I miss something critical.

I really don't see any point in this thread Mark
    You are as good as your samples are!

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by SF3D View Post
    So what was the issue here?

1.) You have bad contacts/relations to ASUS personally
    2.) You have issues with Andre working on ASUS

Which one is it or did I miss something critical.

I really don't see any point in this thread Mark
    3) I think ASUS should start showing interest for community, and make contests, not just talk about them, and certainly dont bash competitiors when they are doing such filth as with Andre.
    Competition ranking;

Spectating;

At least my children are safe.

Quote Originally Posted by chuchnit View Post
    Why do you always have to bring two sockets into everything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Because a one socket system is only 1/2 a system..
    You got two balls don't you?
    I rest my case!

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yeah, this thread will earn you lots of respect from ASUS and they will suddenly start supporting you. Not. Boo-f'ing-hoo.
    I KNOW MASSMAN DISLIKES YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by saaya
    yo yo... man, you gotta lose the beard... you look like a drunk :P
    Competition ranking: Better than the danes in everything I've ever entered.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    Darth, another wise and intelligent contribution from you... "Get a life", "Daaah, what ever, talk to the hand", you dont seem like a desperate housewife, nah, you just seem like a teenage b.tch...
    - And not exactly first time you do this.... Why do you even read this section, you know sh.t about what benchmarking is about anyway, you know sh.t about the community.... So why do you try to spread your opinion, when you dont really have one, since you dont even know what the opinion should be upon/regarding....
    Do I have inside knowledge on this? Probably not. But I can see the larger perspective which is quite useful since I will not get tied up in this petty crap. And I do have a reason to read these forums, pretty damned good reason. You just don't have a clue why. Please understand I am not really attacking you I am attacking the over all current environment (which is not your fault but just the cumulative bad behavior from many people over time). Anyways, we are wrapping up this event - I will check back later.

"Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    At least my children are safe.

You guys are Pure (at least the guys at the event) are cool people. Great time! Going to make this modder into an over-clocker yet Well, I did do a phase change mod back in 2007 (nice modded vap with R507 and custom silencer evap enclosure).

Xtreme Member
    Looks like an awesome event their Darth - wish i was there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "realy magic isnt card tricks, big cribs and cars b1tch
    its 6 gig vantage full pass without 2v sh1t" Young Pro

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    3) I think ASUS should start showing interest for community, and make contests, not just talk about them, and certainly dont bash competitiors when they are doing such filth as with Andre.
    asus has lots of regions. asus usa is doing its best..and its slowly getting support.

i see asus eu is putting out lots of money on the asus finland guys...lots of bench session. maybe they don't have plans for contests after lots of bench sessions i do not know.

asking asus for more competitions while assuming they did something against another manufacturer is just a little sketchy.

where is asus eu headquarters anyways?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle fester View Post
    Looks like an awesome event their Darth - wish i was there
    I will volunteer to work an event in your neck of the woods if/when one happens!

I am Xtreme
    anyone have an idea of what level of revenue (MSI, Asus, Gigabyte, Intel, AMD, etc) can be traced back to hard-core over-clockers? We are all a small base (modders, water-coolers, sub-ambient over-clockers) . . .we make up such a small percentage of the revenue for these companies. make supporting our hobbies a headache (i.e. sponsorships) and watch that support dry up. .

Xtremely Addicted
    Talk less bench more

Xtreme XIP

Thumbs down

M.Beier it seems that you are in Love with Andre Yang and cannot get it out of your mind , this is not the place to come out of the closet you know , and please get that rainbow flag on your Avatar it would look nice , and for your information you have a platonic love as Andre its completely straight . Seriously stop this crap already , you should get a ban for starting all this flaming treads time after time after time ....
    You are beating a dead horse

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Viss View Post
    Talk less bench more
    nice words

ever think that some are sidelined and not able to bench?

and ever thought that its a community and that we as benchers could also talk?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    nice words

think he means enjoy the 'sport' and stop the cat fighting. Talking about ways to grow the community are great. Dealing with problems should be left to those who actually have the ability to do anything about it

V2-V3 is right here and just said you are a great dude
    Last edited by DarthBeavis; 08-15-2010 at 12:23 PM.

Xtreme XIP

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    think he means enjoy the 'sport' and stop the cat fighting.:
    +1

Stop this Drama and lets go have fun again benching , talking nonsense just to stirr up old problems will get the community nowhere.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Lots of questions, and no answers => no-one is guilty of anything.

If my mom was into overclocking, this is what kind of stuff she'd say. This is guessing - at best, and the only thing that will come out of this is more people yelling at each other.

Very clever to trashtalk a guy who can't even answer here... bravo!

PS: it's not Andre's fault this whole thing "shook the foundations blablabla"... he is only responsible for his own actions, not what others do because of them.

Here are my theories about why you created this thread:

1: Attention whore
    2: You like to about Andre Yang whenever you have the chance, and blame him for anything from the flood in China to apartheid
    3: You wanted to get the WR of most useless thread ever posten on any OC related forum

Now, it would be really cool if this RIDICULOUS witchhunt would stop! People have been penalized, and then it's time to STFU.
    Last edited by knopflerbruce; 08-15-2010 at 12:36 PM.
    --->TeamPURE<---

Xtremely Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    nice words

I understand. I find it strange though that many of the starters of these discussions about contests, rules etc etc are the guys who dont even compete in them...

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by knopflerbruce View Post
    Lots of questions, and no answers => no-one is guilty of anything.

If my mom was into overclocking, this is what kind of stuff she'd say. This is guessing - at best, and the only thing that will come out of this is more people yelling at each other.

Very clever to trashtalk a guy who can't even answer here... bravo!

PS: it's not Andre's fault this whole thing "shook the foundations blablabla"... he is only responsible for his own actions, not what others do because of them.

Here are my theories about why you created this thread:

1: Attention whore
    2: You like to about Andre Yang whenever you have the chance, and blame him for anything from the flood in China to apartheid
    3: You wanted to get the WR of most useless thread ever posten on any OC related forum

Now, it would be really cool if this RIDICULOUS witchhunt would stop! People have been penalized, and then it's time to STFU.
    I would drop that attitude man, you haven't been absolutely a stand up guy, have you ?

Quick post need to get back to work, more later on.
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast