Thread: Acer aspire 7520 big problems

Acer aspire 7520 big problems

Hi guys!
    I`ve encounter today a problem with my laptop. Actually, my wife did; she said an update for adobe appeared and she press "install" during which the screen went blank, like in power save mode. She plug in the adapter, but never recover.
    It`s in a power save like state, where the power button led is blinking(2-3 sec apart), simultaneously the HDD is spinning then stops making a clicking noise.

What on earth might be??

The laptop has been upgraded last year by me, adding 2 gb ram, 320Gb WD scorpio black.

I`ve tested the HDD`s, they`re OK, anyway the laptop is doing the same thing, without them installed, or without memory sticks(or one).

Thanks for help.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Mid UK. Lift a few rocks, eventually you will find me.
    Unplug laptop from mains and remove battery.
    Wait ten minutes.
    Reconnect power and try to boot.

What is result?

I have more to suggest after you try this.
    Fun Box: Asus P8Z68-V GEN3++Corsair AX850++i5 2500k@4.5Ghz-1.272v++Corsair A50++2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance++MSI R7970 Lightning++Audigy2 Plat-EX++TBS 6280 DVB-T2 tuner++256Gb OCZ Vertex 4.500Gb Caviar Black.500Gb Seagate Barracuda++Sony AD7240s++Lian-Li PC-60++Linux Mint/Win 7++Asus P238Q

Work Box: Gigabyte H61MA-DV3++Corsair HX620++i5 3450@stock++2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance++120Gb OCZ Agility 3++Linux Mint

Quantum theory in a nutshell: It's so small we don't know where it is, it could be here, it could be there.

Just 'cos it's legal don't make it right.

Quote Originally Posted by s1nykuL View Post
    Unplug laptop from mains and remove battery.
    Wait ten minutes.
    Reconnect power and try to boot.

What is result?

I have more to suggest after you try this.
    I`ve tried that, tried with external monitor, took it apart and put back together, still nothing. Tried different ram sticks, nothing.
    I always keep it clean, blowing the dust, monitor temps, etc, never overheat(to my knowledge).
    i5 2500K-Thermalright Ultra120A+2x120mm push-pull
    Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4
    Exceleram 16Gb + Geil Evo Cyclone
    GTX 480 + AC Accelero Xtreme Plus II
    OCZ Solid 3 120Gb; Sammy F3 500Gb; WD Caviar Black 640Gb
    Corsair HX750 750w
    Bitfenix Ghost

Xtreme Member
    Perhaps you will have more luck in other forums which specialize on notebooks such as notebookreview.com etc

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Mid UK. Lift a few rocks, eventually you will find me.
    Have you tried with a different PSU/Adapter?

Tried booting with AC power only, No battery connected.

Is the BIOS battery secure and making good electrical contact.

If you are confident with a soldering iron, you could reflow the solder around the power connector (power in jack) and PJP1... See service manual link provided.

Service Manual:
    http://www.intellcity.ru/content-2/s...220-Series.pdf (Warning PDF)

I am out of suggestions now. If none of these work, best taking h0bbes advice.
    Fun Box: Asus P8Z68-V GEN3++Corsair AX850++i5 2500k@4.5Ghz-1.272v++Corsair A50++2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance++MSI R7970 Lightning++Audigy2 Plat-EX++TBS 6280 DVB-T2 tuner++256Gb OCZ Vertex 4.500Gb Caviar Black.500Gb Seagate Barracuda++Sony AD7240s++Lian-Li PC-60++Linux Mint/Win 7++Asus P238Q

Work Box: Gigabyte H61MA-DV3++Corsair HX620++i5 3450@stock++2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance++120Gb OCZ Agility 3++Linux Mint

Quantum theory in a nutshell: It's so small we don't know where it is, it could be here, it could be there.

Just 'cos it's legal don't make it right.

Thanks lads! I took your suggestions/advices and find out is the power circuit on the mobo. So the mobo is gone.
    Time for a new one I think. It seems that there`s a problem with this series, many with the same symptoms as mine out there.

Many thanks!
    i5 2500K-Thermalright Ultra120A+2x120mm push-pull
    Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4
    Exceleram 16Gb + Geil Evo Cyclone
    GTX 480 + AC Accelero Xtreme Plus II
    OCZ Solid 3 120Gb; Sammy F3 500Gb; WD Caviar Black 640Gb
    Corsair HX750 750w
    Bitfenix Ghost