Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ice Dragon Update

Xtreme Enthusiast
    ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ice Dragon on Facebook

Xtreme Addict
    Oky been running for a few week and well. Hmm to answer the question on staining. youll love this ...

The nano flluid + Mayhems Dye

Staining is very light with the less darker colours. In fact in comparison to the same amount of dye in d-water the staining is a lot less. I think the nano fluid has a big part to do with this as the partials are moving around it seems to keep the dye in check. What i have noticed though that in the res there is a small layer at the top were the liquid is settles and its sort of left a ring (if you can call it that) of nano fluid (stained or unstained).

The Dyes are not braking up even in the injections system and the fluid is keeping it colour very well and not fading.

The Darker fluids that i am testing are all so keep there colour and ive been testing these long term in glass beakers. Now ive noticed with colours such as red + d water after 1 week in a strong dye solution it all ways stains, how ever with dyes + ice dragon fluid it doesn't leave this stain behind and ive simply washed it off no rubbing needed. Now all so over these periods of time you can see the Nano partials at the bottom of the beaker and they are still pure white and have not been effected by the dye in any way so this is excellent news as this means the its only the liquid being stained and not the nano particles leaving them to do the job they were intended to do ...

Personally i think this is a excellent product and if you what it dyed as far as im concerned it working perfectly fine.

A note to user though and this is important. If you fancy a very deep colour you are going to need to use a lot of dye and a 5ml bottle colour only 1.5 ltrs of ice dragon Fluid. If you after lighter colours then this is fine and will at least 5 to 7 ltrs depending on the amounts used.

Im sorry but gray fluid hmm if you what that creating its not going to be easy and it would have to be a 1 off special build.

Black is possible but again this has to be made by my self as i have to mix 4 different colours. I could make it in bulk but im afraid at this moment in time it would cost to much and i dont think it will sell that much. I may do 1 off bach but it will be at cost.

I have all so crated a lovely Brown as well that works perfectly with the fluid and it looks like Mac Donald milk shake. How ever im now out of fluid and cannot show any more pics and what we have is now in long term testing and im not messing around with it while its there. you'll have to wait 6 months before you'll see it.

There are some new colours and erm i would say "effects" i now have in my hands i would like to test with the ice dragon fluid.

this this will do for now .
    Mayhems Lastest News -> https://www.facebook.com/Mayhems2009

If you need to direct contact me its michael at mayhems dot co dot uk.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    If you can make a 2 color fluid swirl. Lets say of 2 colors or fluids that don't mix. Name your price but I get first batch.

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk
    MagisD

6 Quad rads 1 case Maybe I went a little overboard....Overkill Cube

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by MagisD View Post
    If you can make a 2 color fluid swirl. Lets say of 2 colors or fluids that don't mix. Name your price but I get first batch.

I did this a long time ago but its not possible to use it in a water cooling loop due to viscosity problems. I use a oil base, dyed it and left it for 3 months and added a acid. then neutralised the acid and the stain stayed in place than add that to a water based liquid.

two problems were found, one was the viscosity was to much and two the pumps caused it to go into tiny little bubbles and it just looked wired and not what i was after.

So a 2 flow mixture is not possible.. well not yet any way !!!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Wait so it was one fluid with bubbles of another color in the or were the bubbles air?

MagisD

Xtreme Addict
    No 2 fluids , 1 was a very light oil Stained and the second was water dyed another colour. the bubbles were bubbles of oil.
    Oky i cannot it ive got hundreds if not thousands of pics ill have to look though them all. but here some pics of other fluids ive been working on.

Real glow in the dark ->

Last edited by mlwood37; 09-21-2010 at 06:35 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    it probably looked like one of those wave machines from way back..or, if you shake a lava-lamp you get that same sort of effect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ice Dragon on Facebook

Xtreme Addict
    Yeh but after some thing like 3 hours it just looked like a complete mess and didn't work well. How ever now i have there new dispersant's to hand i may look into it again.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Ok those glow pic's are sweet. ..

I may do a couple extra loops of just tubeing with spare pumps for fun.

That blue would be nice with ap-121 in ice build
    MagisD

Xtreme Member
    is this pure white?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by junkun13 View Post
    is this pure white?
    white as milk..back on page three there is a photo too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ice Dragon on Facebook

Xtreme Member
    First of all thanks to relttem for helping me on getting this fluid.

This is way better than my last coolant fluid xp nanofluid which is a junk comapred to ice dragon, viscosity is near water, it really helps on getting lower temps since the flow of the liquid in the loop is good while the fluid xp nano-fluid sucks big time.

I think clogging is impossible with this fluid. For the mean time here are some temp pics.

Distilled + Red Dye

This is the only pic I got with this color since it is just temporary

_DSC0152-Edit.jpg

Temps

load.jpg

Ice Dragon Nano-Fluid

still bleeding

_DSC0223.jpg

_DSC0222.jpg

Temps

dragon.jpg

As you can see, temps are very similiar with the distilled. This is good news for people who wants white coolant with a very good performance.

I'll try to post installation pics tom, the photos are on my friends cam

some of the worklog from yesterday

_1120507.jpg
    _1120540.jpg
    _1120574.jpg
    Last edited by junkun13; 07-22-2011 at 10:56 PM. Reason: added pics

I am Xtreme
    Is that Tygon R3603? Either way I've ordered me a bottle to try out. Now only if we could get a nice black or grey coloured liquid.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    You can definitely color it with Mayhem's dye. If you check out our facebook page you can see a hotpink in our pictures. Origin PC is going to try out some died colors as well. I was messing around with some of the UV dye tonite, and it works. You just have to remember that you are mixing colors with white - so a jet black would be impossible. A grey would be easy. We work closely with Mayhem and hope to test out some new colors soon.

rock on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ice Dragon on Facebook

I am Xtreme
    Must say I loved the free shipping up in to Canada even. Can't wait to try this stuff out.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    Know I will get crap but I don't care: the only colored coolant I will use and only when the build needs colored coolant is Fluid XP LT (and only that specific formulation). It does not separate and does not clog block fins. Also does not foam much.I don't buy and claims of any coolant having special ninja cooling qualities over DI.
    No doubt!!!. I use the fluid XP ultra. The ultra is (was) the same as the LT, but concentrated. I still have a bottle from 2007, and I mix it 4 parts DI 1 part XP ultra. I've had loops full of this stuff for years with absolutely no algae, no color fade, no corrosion, very minimal tubing stain, no acrylic stain, no clogs, no buildup, pretty much no problems!!!!

I've tried other dyes (cough cough primochill) and well they suck.
    Sandy Bridge 2500k @ 4.5ghz 1.28v | MSI p67a-gd65 B3 Mobo | Samsung ddr3 8gb |
    Swiftech apogee drive II | Coolgate 120| GTX660ti w/heat killer gpu x| Seasonic x650 PSU

QX9650 @ 4ghz | P5K-E/WIFI-AP Mobo | Hyperx ddr2 1066 4gb | EVGA GTX560ti 448 core FTW @ 900mhz | OCZ 700w Modular PSU |
    DD MC-TDX CPU block | DD Maze5 GPU block | Black Ice Xtreme II 240 Rad | Laing D5 Pump

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    Is that Tygon R3603?
    Tygon and masterkleer has a yellowish tint on their tubes, the one on the pic is a primochill LRT tubing and I find it looks whiter when filled with the nano.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    Must say I loved the free shipping up in to Canada even.
    better enjoy that while you can..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ice Dragon on Facebook

Xtreme Addict
    well i have now had Dragon ice fluid for quite a while now and i have never and any problems with it. Full stop. what more could i say.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by junkun13 View Post
    Tygon and masterkleer has a yellowish tint on their tubes, the one on the pic is a primochill LRT tubing and I find it looks whiter when filled with the nano.
    Thanks. I wasn't impressed w/ my Tygon B-44-4X, guess I'll try the Primoflex stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by relttem View Post
    better enjoy that while you can..
    Well in that case, I decided to order another bottle.

Can't wait to see what what some Mayhems deep blue looks like mixed w/ this stuff.

Xtreme Addict
    it looks like this -

Last edited by mlwood37; 07-23-2011 at 10:18 PM.

I am Xtreme
    That baby blue colour is the deep blue? If so that will match Asus' blue colour scheme perfectly. The stuff that looks black in the second last picture, is that black?

Xtreme Addict
    Yes its black it took a while to make that colour but it is possible.

barfastic
    I made an order on the website about a week ago, and i still have not gotten any feedback. Keeps saying Awaiting Fulfilment! even though the payment went through on my credit card!

Any ideas?

how is the testing/making going?

will it reach the main WC sites?
    Raidmax ATOMIC - Core i7 3770s + Corsair H70 // Gigabyte H77N WIFI // Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 2133mhz // EVGA GTX1060 ACX2.0// Kingston SUV400 480Gb // Sharkoon SFX500L

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast