Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Ice Dragon Update

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mlwood37 View Post

UV Orange (Left) UV Blue (Middle) UV Yellow / Green (Right)

UV Orange - 2 drops to 80ml nano Fluid
    UV Blue - 3 drops Deep Blue / 2 drops UV Clear blue to 80mls nano Fluid
    UV Yellow/ Green - 3 drops - 80mls nano Fluid

Ill put photos Up tonight of the the UV aspect.
    Looks like something you drink for indigestion.....

Xtreme Addict

Oh btw the nano Fluid arrived.

UV Barbie Pink , UV Custard Yellow, UV Baby blue, UV Peach, Matt Blue
    Last edited by mlwood37; 09-03-2010 at 08:06 AM.
    Mayhems Lastest News -> https://www.facebook.com/Mayhems2009

If you need to direct contact me its michael at mayhems dot co dot uk.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I'm glad you got it to mix well. I only did small samples. Does it darken if you add more drops?

you need to post those on girlgamer.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ice Dragon on Facebook

Xtreme Member
    any chance we could get a photo of just I.D.C.'s fluid by its self? I'm interested to see how white it is....

looks good with those colours in it... definitely agree on sending those to girlgamer lol...
    Last edited by eKirts; 09-03-2010 at 08:48 AM.
    i7 920 D0 @ 4.01ghz 1.25v
    Rampage III Extreme
    24gb Corsair Vengeance @ 1600mhz 8-8-8-24-1T
    eVGA GTX 1070 Founders Edition
    Silverstone 1000w
    Corsair 800D
    Liquid Cooled - CPU/MB - EKWB Supreme HF/Full Cover MBWB, Iandh 225 res, D5 w/XTOP rev. 2, Feser x-changer 360, Bitspower fittings

Xtreme Addict
    thi is the nano fluid on its own

Ill check the colours as they are in there pastel shades first before i add to much dye. Im using 80ml samples so ill go through it quite quickly but i need to check for brake down first buy leaving it to stand.

I dont think it would be to good adding to much dye as it will stain like mad. I think we need to find the right balance.

Ill test the UV aspect tonight though and see what it looks like.

As for girl gamer mate its your product ....

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Our product..and your dye.. The nanofluid is as white as milk.. I will link this thread to girlgamer and see what they think about it.. My girl friend here does like the pink, and I know an ex girlgamer employee, Rachel, is all about the blood red..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ice Dragon on Facebook

Xtreme Addict
    Yeh the blood red im making atm (still in test) is extremely strong deep colour . once its passed tests (if) Ill test it out how ever i think it will be a pink colour how ever i have a idea to make a blood red for this nano fluid.

Ill keep the mixture in pms from now on though dont what to give others our idea ...

Last edited by mlwood37; 09-03-2010 at 11:03 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    yeah, I am keeping the others quiet.. You mentioned the blood red on page 3..that'll look good. I got a pretty dark red by put a lot of dye in it. I didn't do any stain experiments. But, it wiped up off the table without a problem
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ice Dragon on Facebook

Xtreme Member
    i forsee powerpuff or hello kitty themed systems in this mixture's future : P

Xtreme Addict
    I think neither relttem or mlwood have missed its 'girlish' looks. Though I have to say that dark red (bottom left in post #82) looks pretty awesome .
    “Little expense had been spared to create the impression that no expense had been spared.” - Hitchhiker's Guide
    It's better to ask dumb questions now, than to look stupid later
    Mondays:

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I am sure mlwood can get a dark color..it is just like mixing a colored paint with white paint..I just added a whole bunch of dye when I got that dark red, but I didn't check for tube staining. I might make another small sample this weekend and let it sit in the heat for a few days and see how the staining is. I didn't have any probs with it staining anything I got it on except for the cloth rag
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ice Dragon on Facebook

Xtreme Member
    i was just teasing, i was and still am watching the ice dragon nanofluid closely.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I didn't take any offense..I never do on here..hard to 'read' teasing/sarcasm..so, I take it all as teasing/sarcasm. But, I look forward to mlwood darkening some of it up..and the UV pics later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ice Dragon on Facebook

Xtreme Addict
    Well ive swapped some out in my girls PC and i have to stay its working a charm no joke. this stuff even got me surprised.

Im going to run it for 7 days as pure liquid (no dyes then ill turn it Barbie Pink) as she loves that colour and ill run it another 7 days (for temp testing) as i would like to see if the dye is going to effect the cooling properties of the liquid. then another 7 days with 10x the amount of dye to accelerate the dyeing process and again see if there is any effect.

Im doing this how ever to report temps or any thing along them lines im testing mainly to see if the dye will hold and see if it has any major cause for concern such as drastic temp changes or staining badly..

Not so girlsih colours.

This is Blood Red mixture (well is normal in water) how ever its given a quite nice pastel red to the liquid. Tbh in the flesh its not bad.

and a deeper Blue

Deeper Green (this needs to be made from powder form)

And some UV shot . (ive placed some fluid out of my daughters pc thats been running my dyes in her normal liquid set up for over 8 months now as comparison).

As you can see from the pic there is some UV but nothing to go jumping over the roof tops about but this is to be expected as the white liquid (nano fluid) is not reflecting the light back out hence the UV aspect is a very dull colour. I personally dont consider this bad.
    Last edited by mlwood37; 09-03-2010 at 03:13 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Had dragon Nano Fluid for a few days now and been playing with the colours and running a few tests with saturating the liquids in dyes. Both liquid and powder.

I can see what is happening and what is going on with the reactions and all ready came up with some simple conclusions.

1) The dye do work. Both water based dyes and Power base dyes.
    2) Its takes up to 8 x the normal amount of dye to archive a "Strong Colour"
    3) Dye power are better at giving strong colours
    4) The stronger you make the colour though the quicker it will dye your tubing. (trade off)
    5) Residue is being built up with strong colours but this can simply be wiped off. (this needs longer testing though.)
    6) There is no real way to make this UV active. If you need UV active forget colouring the liquid.
    7) Saturating the liquid in Dye does effect the performance of the Nano Fluid by up to 1c. the more dye you add more it becomes apparent. (this is normal with every premix on the market. makers of Premix dont say this though but with any premixed liquids when you start adding dyes the structure of the liquids changes are the dyes effects the cooling ability of any premixed liquids or water).

The colours you can create certainly do seem softer and more delicate in tones but they all so look good in a water cooling loop.

Hello Kitty does come to mind with the pinks !!!

So from the pre lims yes you can dye the nano fluid as long as you dont expect deep colours. You will need to buy the 10ml versions of the dye though.

Dye powders how ever work better but after adding the powder it needs 5 min to go though the whole system to show its true colour. (recommend mixing dye power direct to the bottle first then adding the mixture)

Dye powers that work are

Acridine Orange
    Bromofluorescein
    Fluorescein
    Rhodamine B 500%
    Rhodamine 6G
    Sulphorhodamine B 400%
    Indigo
    Candy red
    Scarlet red
    Black
    Purple
    Yellow

laser dyes seem to work best, microscopy dyes all so work well.

These colours can allso be mixed with each other with out any problems such as

50% indigo + 50% Fluorescein = UV Green or deep green with nano fluid.
    75% indigo + 25% Fluorescein = Ocean Blue

The durcol range of Optical brighteners do work but not worth adding as they hardly show any florescent.

Please remember though using acid Based dyes will stain a systems much quicker than none acid based dyes. Acid based one are mainly the UV range of dyes.
    Last edited by mlwood37; 09-05-2010 at 07:55 AM.

Xtreme Member
    thanks mlwood for posting that pic of the nanofluid by its self... much appreciated....

your colours look good imo... agree that they are light, but some people may be looking for that.... personally i think the milk white is the best look >.< haha
    Rampage III Extreme
    Silverstone 1000w
    Corsair 800D
    Liquid Cooled - CPU/MB - EKWB Supreme HF/Full Cover MBWB, Iandh 225 res, D5 w/XTOP rev. 2, Feser x-changer 360, Bitspower fittings

Xtreme Enthusiast
    we've been talking with our supplier to get the stuff cheaper and got it cheaper..so, we are going to drop the price..hopefully, tonite..

rock on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ice Dragon on Facebook

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by relttem View Post
    we've been talking with our supplier to get the stuff cheaper and got it cheaper..so, we are going to drop the price..hopefully, tonite..

rock on
    good to hear! i may pick up a bottle or two...
    Rampage III Extreme
    Silverstone 1000w
    Corsair 800D

OVERCLOCKAHOLICS
    Wow, thats some freaky milky looking stuff. Cool!

OCM

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by relttem View Post

rock on
    who doesn't love a price drop. now you just need to prod some of those reviewers a bit

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Temped more and more. But I just have to confirm

What side effects or interactions aka Stain/separating would I have with Primochill LRT tubing and Koolance res 's ?

For
    1. Just pure Fluid

2. Use mayhem's black to get a Grey colored Fluid aka gunmetal Grey ? IS it possible ?

*edit* just checked the price ... NICE
    Last edited by MagisD; 09-14-2010 at 04:21 AM.
    MagisD

6 Quad rads 1 case Maybe I went a little overboard....Overkill Cube

Xtreme Member
    This thread is making my thirsty. That looks like I could drink it!
    Specs:
    HW: Lian Li PC-A71F | i7 920 | P6T Deluxe | HD5870 | 6GB OCZ Platinum 2000mhz | AX850W | Asus Xonar D2X 7.1 | Intel X25-M 80GB SSD | WD 2TB Caviar Green
    WC: EK-FC5870 | EK Supreme HF | Swiftech MCP655 with EK top | ThermoChill PA120.2 | ThermoChill PA120.3 | EK Multioption 250
    Other: Scythe Gentle Typhoon fans | Aqua Computer Aquaero | Bitspower Comp. Fittings

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by MagisD View Post
    Temped more and more. But I just have to confirm

What side effects or interactions aka Stain/separating would I have with Primochill LRT tubing and Koolance res 's ?

For
    1. Just pure Fluid

2. Use mayhem's black to get a Grey colored Fluid aka gunmetal Grey ? IS it possible ?

*edit* just checked the price ... NICE
    mlwood37 is doing some testing, so he might answer the staining question better. As for settling, there will be small amounts due to gravitation effects in the corners, but that would be all. And, the particles are thermally conductive. The nanofluid doesn't really stain but more coats. We found it easy to wipe off. mlwood can answer the staining with the dye part.

Grey is definitely a possibility. Think of it as mixing any color with white paint. That is what you end up with.

rock on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ice Dragon on Facebook

Xtreme Member
    this probably isn't the appropriate place for this question... or maybe it is... so ill just ask... Do you guys accept paypal? all I've seen is CC

ps. love the price drop... haha
    Rampage III Extreme
    Silverstone 1000w
    Corsair 800D

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by mlwood37 View Post
    thi is the nano fluid on its own

Dude this stuff is actually android blood
    Sandy Bridge 2500k @ 4.5ghz 1.28v | MSI p67a-gd65 B3 Mobo | Samsung ddr3 8gb |
    Swiftech apogee drive II | Coolgate 120| GTX660ti w/heat killer gpu x| Seasonic x650 PSU

QX9650 @ 4ghz | P5K-E/WIFI-AP Mobo | Hyperx ddr2 1066 4gb | EVGA GTX560ti 448 core FTW @ 900mhz | OCZ 700w Modular PSU |
    DD MC-TDX CPU block | DD Maze5 GPU block | Black Ice Xtreme II 240 Rad | Laing D5 Pump

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast