Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i7 980X on the rocks ( palinkaaaaaa shots! )

Xtreme Legend
    jeeez man you're Dr.Doom
    i wouldnt allow you nowhere near me when im benching
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    I told you guys before, I'm easily one of the unluckiest people on this planet, and good karma = bad karma for me.

Funny incident that popped into my mind now, about 1 month ago, I was out on the road and there was a middle-age Taiwanese woman looking like she was lost and desperate to get somewhere, she was trying to make a call with her cellphone but couldn't. She asked me if I knew what's wrong, and since she didn't ask her provider to enable roaming for her I allowed her to make a phone call with my cellphone...
    "Thanks sir, you just helped me find my friend, that's good karma for you" she said.
    Some hours after that incident, I'm back at my place, just finishing my lunch and then... boom my cellphone's monitor ( the digitizer actually ) went off and never worked again.
    Sent the phone to HTC's service, took 17 days to get it back, and the smart-as$es flashed my firmware too and I lost all my contacts & data thanks to their genius techs.
    Nice, moar good karma plz!
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

F = FF = Fu.. Fragile

try air without HT and check temps btw the cores, Sofos R3E have no microcode Bios? if yes HT dead on your chip sad when die a great chip
    Quote Originally Posted by LardArse View Post
    i think you are asking the wrong person about safety limits, but

Wpprriimmee crrraaazzzyyy
    Sorry to hear that 3005F chip died on you BZ.
    Nice runs from that session, wish there were more pics of the rig.
    Heatware

Custom SS unit by Gray Mole, Sdumper Cascade, K|ngp|n F1 Gemnni, TEK9 Fatboy, TEK9 Slim, NB-1, H2O stuff...
    Celeron 347, Celeron 356, Celeron 420, 2x P4 631, P4 670, P4 640, P4 651, P4 524, PD 915, P4 540J, 2x P4 530J, P4 520J Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB DDR2-8500 2x Asus REX X48, Gigabyte EP45-UD3P rev 1.0, Asus Commando P965,
    Stuff I used to have:
    Asus RIIIE X58, Evga Classified P55, Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR, i5 670, E8600, Q9650, Q9550, , 3x2GB Mushkin Redline 2000C8,, G.Skill 2x2GB PC9600(Silver), Evga Evbot
    XFX 4770 modded, XFX 7950GT, XFX 6600GT, Evga 8600GTS 512MB, 3850 OC, 4x 3870s, and X600

"In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant." - James Stewart

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    I might have a video of me... torching the board and the cpu and the rest HW in a few minutes

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

PI in the face
    do it
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    CPU wouldn't post on sofo's rampage III extreme.
    Gonna try it on my 2nd classified ( the only classified I have now that my 1st died for sure )
    Sofo's CPU has degraded as well ( not that it was a piece worth working with, 6G to 6.1G AquaMark 3 max ).
    All my MGH-E DIMMs are 99% dead.
    Now all I need is to find out that my best GTX 480 ( 1350MHz AQ3 @ -145C ) is also dead
    Had u tried to put them in the freezer for a night? I heard it might revive them.

I tough MGH-E were stronger.
    990FXA-UD3 | FX8350@4.7Ghz | Asus HD7870 | 2x 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2050Mhz 8-8-8-22 | AX850W |SSD Vertex3 Max IOPS 120GB | Auzentech Forte + TAPCO-S5

EK Supreme Full-Gold | XSPC RX240 + EX120 | MCP35x | 3x Koolance Blue Led @PWM | Tygon Black 1/2 | Bitspower Compression | @ FM CM690 I

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    CPU won't POST on sofo's Rampage III Extreme, and won't POST on my 2nd classified E760 as well.

Stupid MGH-E sticks died for no apparent reason, they were chillin' the last 2-3 months ( I wasn't benching at all ) on the 24/7 x58 setup at DDR3-... hold your breath...1066 8-8-8-31 at 1.57V
    Suddenly the system would see 4GB instead of 6GB in most reboots/POSTs, then I tried each stick alone and found out that 1 of them wouldn't work at all.
    I thought the other 2 were ok, so I didn't try to push them at all, but the other 2 DIMMs could've been damaged the whole time since that day and I didn't notice that since I wasn't overclocking them at all.

All I know is that I'm out of the most crucial parts in overclocking, I won't be able to find another MGH-E kit, and surely not even close to what those DIMMs could do, another 6.4G+ B1 retail 980X ? A joke with my luck.
    I'd be lucky if my graphics card didn't get harmed in the process and still clocks like it did a few days ago.

p.s. Yes, I did barr3l, but didn't work, looks like the ICs are damaged...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    im very sorry to hear that Bill, hope your vga is okay..

I7 920 D0 5362 1.627v
    980X retail 3003A258 - 6683mhz 1.85v
    ASUS R3X 265bclk
    ASUS R3BE 266bclk

Xtreme XIP
    Oh man , sorry to hear that Bill , but you know how much hardware and money this sport eats :/.

Regards: Angelo.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    It's not about the money, it's more about knowing that my chances of finding another chip like this are... well... very slim ( if at all )

Admin
    Feel for ya, but everyone's that's found good chips has already lost them I think...esp when we're talking 3005F's Just be happy you got a good session out of it and don't dwell too much on what "could" have happened.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    I got nothing out of it man.
    If only I knew that the crap chip would die like that, I'd max the UnCore, LN2 the RAM for 2000+ 6-6-5-20, OC the card to the max and run AquaMark 3 for 455k+, a decent Vantage with a proper driver and highest possible clocks ( 6.05GHz was the last test I ran the first day with great success ), 6.2G+ 3D Mark03/05/06 with the card maxed out as well, and kept some PiFast and SuperPi 32M action.

Xtreme Guru
    unlucky dude, feel ur pain!

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Member
    Pure unlucky guy...:p

More carefull next time...

24/7 Rig: AMD Athlon II 450 - MSI 760GM E51- 8GB 1600MHz Gskill RipjawsX- Nvidia GTX260 - OCZ Vertex2 60GB - Seagate 640GB - Antec Quattro 1200W - Samsung T220
    Bench Rig: Intel Core i7 3770K - Asus Maximus IV Extreme - 4GB 2000MHz Corsair Dominator GT - 2x Nvidia GTX260 - Intel Postville 40GB - WD VelociRaptor 36GB - Antec Quattro 1200W

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12