Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TopGear America Trailer

Xtreme Cruncher

TopGear America Trailer

http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.co...railer-us.html

Looks pretty promising. Hopefully it will be on the air soon.
    Fold for XS!
    You know you want to

Xtreme Addict
    Presenters dont look very good, The Challenge looked amusing. Dont think it will be a pinch on the UK version we have here though. No Clarkson, Hammond n Capt Slow = fail.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Looks like .
    Lian Dream: i7 2600k @ 4.7Ghz, Asus Maximus IV Gene-z, MSI N680GTX Twin Frozr III, 8GB 2x4GB Mushkin Ridgeback, Crucial M4 128GB x2, Plextor PX-755SA, Seasonic 750 X, Lian-li
    HTPC: E5300@3.8, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, Gigabyte 5750 Silentcell, Mushkin 2GBx2, 2x 500gb Maxtor Raid 1, 300gb Seagate, 74gb Raptor, Seasonic G series 550 Gold, Silverstone LC16m

Laptop: XPS15z Crucial M4
    Nikon D700 ~ Nikkor 17-35 F2.8 ~ Nikkor 50mm F1.8
    Lian Dream Work Log
    my smugmug
    Heatware

it cannot be worse than the OZ one
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Mentor
    Meh. The thing i like about Topgear are the jokes and the competition between the 3.
    Those guys actualy wished eachother luck :/

I once read that they asked Jay Leno to do Top Gear America but he declined.
    Reason was that the original Top Gear is a success because besides being funny its also honest and critical.

In the US tv is more commercial and Leno didnt think sponsors would like it if a show they sponsor says bad things about the sponsor.
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    Groucho Marx

i know my grammar sux so stop hitting me

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    Meh. The thing i like about Topgear are the jokes and the competition between the 3.
    Those guys actualy wished eachother luck :/

I once read that they asked Jay Leno to do Top Gear America but he declined.
    Reason was that the original Top Gear is a success because besides being funny its also honest and critical.

In the US tv is more commercial and Leno didnt think sponsors would like it if a show they sponsor says bad things about the sponsor.
    u mean like when MSNBC used to talk about how gold line ripped people off then they stopped sponsoring fox as much and moved to msnbc and then it stopped instantly.

back with the origianl US airing of top gear on discovery they had clarkson and he had negatives in the show and there were still ads for those cars, its just a matter of not being mean spirited to much even though thats his MO
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Addict
    top gear america FTL
    WILL CUDDLE FOR FOOD

Quote Originally Posted by JF-AMD View Post
    Dual proc client systems are like sex in high school. Everyone talks about it but nobody is really doing it.

Xtreme Cruncher
    The History Channel has already stated that ads will have no effect on the show. Look at the Daily Show/Colbert Report. They rag on the cash for gold commercials all the time, and Comedy Central is where I see them the most.
    Fold for XS!
    You know you want to

c[_]
    Mildly interested.. looks like they could do better in the off-road department than original Top Gear managed anyways.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

SSD faster than your HDD
    I don't think you can top the chemistry that Clarkson, Hammond, and May have, but I would love to be proven wrong.

Xtreme Addict
    Yeah I just don't see Top Gear America being honest..... because of the damn sponsors. I hate Corporate America so freakin much, they ruin everything!

And I liked the chemistry between the original three hosts and how competitive they were, and constantly teasing each other... I don't see that in this, its like three buddies clowning around.

FAIL
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    probably support the show if :
    - Jay Leno and his crew were involved
    - Adam Corolla and his rants
    - Travis Pastrana or Bam Margera are every week wrecking some expensive car
    - Xhibit was making the cars into cars...meme special

Win7Pro 32-bit/ ABIT IP35 Pro v1.1 BIOS v.16beta09/ Intel C2D E8400 Batch Q748A223 /Xigmatek HDT-RS1283/ 4GB Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5DHX 5-5-5-18 1.80V ver4.1/ CORSAIR 850AX/ CM Stacker 830SE/ ZALMAN ZM-F3RL 120mm Red LED/120mm Yate Loon D12SL-12 Red LED/ Creative Labs Fatal1ty ProGamer/ MSI R7870/ Dell UltraSharp 2407FPW-HC...new FPS: Groundbranch.com/
    Ace's 40mm fan solution...be my buddy

Quote Originally Posted by RyderOCZ View Post
    I don't think you can top the chemistry that Clarkson, Hammond, and May have, but I would love to be proven wrong.
    but you won't be proven wrong... even in the trailer, when they were laughing at the guy driving, you can tell it was fake... then there's the whole tanner foust being a :banana::banana::banana: thing, and that other guy with the glasses looks like even more of a queer... don't know much about the last guy other than that he's on rescue me also...

the success of this depends largely on how the car enthusiasts of the US will see the show, and anybody who's into cars for the cars and not to be "cool" thinks foust is ghey

c[_]
    even in the trailer, when they were laughing at the guy driving, you can tell it was fake...
    What was fake, the driving or laughing?

^laughing...

NooB MOD
    Somehow that clip didn't do anything for me :/
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Xtreme Mentor
    had to convince a buddy of mine that its real. He was sure the entire moonshine bit was a cheap youtube rip off.

They had to buy 1000 dollar cars for their moonshine bit. But i wonder what the requirements were.
    In Top Gear they always have rules that it has to be a 4 door or a hatchback or a cool car a 17 year old would want etc.

So id love to know what the requirement for their 1000 dollar car was because the car that guy has is crap for that test.

Btw the production budget must be realy low seeing 2 of the guys are wearing almost the exact same shirt. Only a small thing but looks crap.
    Last edited by Starscream; 08-11-2010 at 04:20 PM.
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    Groucho Marx

i know my grammar sux so stop hitting me

c[_]
    Quote Originally Posted by warmmilk View Post
    ^laughing...
    You wouldnt laugh at a moron trying to jump a car like its a motocross bike?

Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    You wouldnt laugh at a moron trying to jump a car like its a motocross bike?
    i'd laugh, but you can easily see that they were forcing themselve's over the top, and the chemistry between them is fake...

have you seen the original topgear? if you have you should be able to understand what i'm talking about...

c[_]
    i'd laugh, but you can easily see that they were forcing themselve's over the top, and the chemistry between them is fake...

have you seen the original topgear? if you have you should be able to understand what i'm talking about...

Xtreme Enthusiast

There wasn't that much chemistry in the beginnings of the original TG either. I just watched the first episode again and the show now is very different from back then.
    I don't like the US cast at all but I'll give it a shot. Can't hurt........that bad.

Xtreme Cruncher

Have you watched the past 4-5 seasons (besides the last season) of TopGear UK? Those seasons are the definition of forced chemistry and forced laughter.

The laughter in the TGA trailer looked pretty real to me.
    Fold for XS!
    You know you want to

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Lead Head View Post
    Have you watched the past 4-5 seasons (besides the last season) of TopGear UK? Those seasons are the definition of forced chemistry and forced laughter.

The laughter in the TGA trailer looked pretty real to me.
    We must be watching different shows.

NooB MOD
    I have to agree here, the UK show looks like a couple of guys having honest, down to earth fun.
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Sz View Post
    We must be watching different shows.
    Go watch seasons 5-9, then compare them to about 10-14. It is quite apparent that the interacting between them was scripted. Season 15 improved on that quite a bit however.
    Fold for XS!
    You know you want to

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast