Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Rampage III Gene fullcover waterblock?

Rampage III Gene fullcover waterblock?

I know mips makes a set for the Rampage II Gene which looks like it will fit the Rampage III Gene. But is anyone else making a set or a fullcover waterblock for this motherboard? Thanks.

Psygnosi

Last edited by psygnosi; 08-05-2010 at 09:45 PM. Reason: forgot pic
    |Asus Rampage III Gene Bios 805|i7 980X|12GB Corsair Dominator 1600C8 w/EK Nickel+Acetal Dominator Ram WB|XFX HD 5970 Black Edition+5870|OCZ 1010 GameStream|Windows 7 Ultimate(64bit)|Corsair F-60 SSD w/ 2TB Seagate HD|EK-FB R3Gene Nickel+Acetal(Fully working) & Asus-1 WB|EK Supreme HF Full Nickel Edition|EK 5970 Nickel+Acetal, XSPC 5870 FC w/ EK Backplate|XSPC RX360+Black Ice Stealth 120+MCR120, D655,XSPC Acrylic Dual 5.25 Res for D5 |Coolermaster Cosmos S w/Sidewindow|3 Samsung 205Bw LCDs in Eyefinity

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by psygnosi View Post
    I know mips makes a set for the Rampage II Gene which looks like it will fit the Rampage III Gene. But is anyone else making a set or a fullcover waterblock for this motherboard? Thanks.

Psygnosi

I doubt its even possible if you're expecting a single block covering the mosfet, north and south bridge judging from the narrow gap between the RAM and PCIe slots.

Phil

i7 4GHz ♦ Asus R2G ♦ OCZ Intel XMP ♦ Asus 5870 ♦ Crucial M4 ♦ Swiftech ♦ Koolance

X4 3.5GHz ♦ Biostar 890GXE ♦ OCZ AMD BE ♦ Asus 8800 ♦ WD Veloci ♦ Swiftech ♦ XSPC

Actually a set would be okay. EK has a NB/SB block that will work but still missing the Mosfet on top. Mips has the complete set but I would have to order it from Germany.

Psygnosi
    Last edited by psygnosi; 08-07-2010 at 01:57 PM.
    |Asus Rampage III Gene Bios 805|i7 980X|12GB Corsair Dominator 1600C8 w/EK Nickel+Acetal Dominator Ram WB|XFX HD 5970 Black Edition+5870|OCZ 1010 GameStream|Windows 7 Ultimate(64bit)|Corsair F-60 SSD w/ 2TB Seagate HD|EK-FB R3Gene Nickel+Acetal(Fully working) & Asus-1 WB|EK Supreme HF Full Nickel Edition|EK 5970 Nickel+Acetal, XSPC 5870 FC w/ EK Backplate|XSPC RX360+Black Ice Stealth 120+MCR120, D655,XSPC Acrylic Dual 5.25 Res for D5 |Coolermaster Cosmos S w/Sidewindow|3 Samsung 205Bw LCDs in Eyefinity

Xtreme Member

ek blocks and kolance....

i waiting for one block plz

Xtreme Member
    I know I want to get one for when I upgrade to WC this winter. I'm interested.

Xtreme Member
    I've got a friend who is interested in getting this board for a project I'm working on for him. He wants a full cover block as well. It may not be for a month or two, but I'm going to give it a go. As mentioned, the distance between the RAM and PCIe slots is the biggest problem here. I'm going to see if I can work around that without restricting too much flow between the northbridge and southbridge.
    Project: OSIDIAS - CNC by Romaxx
    Losias Technologies & SFF Modding Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowHunter
    dude, stop trying to create Skynet. at this point, the scale goes - metric tons of awesome < epic < overkill < you

Xtreme Mentor
    You could just skip the SB block and do just the NB and mosfet. I doubt the SB is going to get that hot.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by alexjpn View Post
    i waiting for one block plz
    Try ordering custom made from Duniek.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Utnorris View Post
    You could just skip the SB block and do just the NB and mosfet. I doubt the SB is going to get that hot.
    1+

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    Try ordering custom made from Duniek.
    afair he leaves that buisnes no more custom WBs
    Last edited by Vetalar; 08-13-2010 at 12:13 AM.

Xtreme Guru
    Eek, somehow missed this. Pitty, his blocks were pure bling, and he often was last chance if you wanted some 'one piece' full cover everything, when major LC vendors released only sets consisting of two or more separate waterblocks for particular motherboard model.

Quote Originally Posted by psygnosi View Post
    Actually a set would be okay. EK has a NB/SB block that will work but still missing the Mosfet on top. Mips has the complete set but I would have to order it from Germany.

Psygnosi

I have this exact same set. Wondering if the r2e gene and r3e gene have the same mounting holes.

Xtreme Guru
    One has to add cost of extra 4 fittings and extra flow restriction of set to get clear comparison to one piece full cover. On plus side it's partial universality though. As minuses for set i'd count uglier looks and bigger mess in case because of all that extra tubing.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by glide 1 View Post
    I have this exact same set. Wondering if the r2e gene and r3e gene have the same mounting holes.
    The boards are basically identical. Difference is +USB 3.0 and -eSATA port. Mounting holes are the same based on what I have seen.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by dejanh View Post
    The boards are basically identical. Difference is +USB 3.0 and -eSATA port. Mounting holes are the same based on what I have seen.
    so are there really no differences at all except for a revised support sheet? I don't understand what the differences are really... it can't be that similar could it?
    PC Lab Qmicra V2 Case SFFi7 950 4.4GHz 200 x 22 1.36 volts
    Cooled by Swiftech GTZ - CPX-Pro - MCR420+MCR320+MCR220 | Completely Silent loads at 62c
    GTX 470 EVGA SuperClocked Plain stock
    12 Gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600MHz) 8-8-8-24
    ASUS Rampage Gene II |Four OCZ Vertex 2 in RAID-0(60Gig x 4) | WD 2000Gig Storage

Theater ::: Panasonic G20 50" Plasma | Onkyo SC5508 Processor | Emotiva XPA-5 and XPA-2 | CSi A6 Center| 2 x Polk RTi A9 Front Towers| 2 x Klipsch RW-12d
    Lian-LI HTPC | Panasonic Blu Ray 655k| APC AV J10BLK Conditioner |

i would recommend not getting the SB liquid cooled its an ich10 and they put out little to no heat and liquid cooling it will most likely make the part hotter, so since u have a nice cooler there before why bother when it will just be counter productive.

and have u looked at the maximus 3 gene, the 1156 45nm quads are faster clock for clock than the 1366 45nm quads, and it has a more spread out pwm with standard holes so u could get 2x liquid blocks, leave them alone or get a thermal right kit, then it has the p55 thats a renamed ich10r with some bonus stuff and it also dose not get hot or need liquid

Quote Originally Posted by Nanometer View Post
    so are there really no differences at all except for a revised support sheet? I don't understand what the differences are really... it can't be that similar could it?
    they changed the colors, and changed the jmicron chip to the marvel usb3/sata6 chip, i dont get the point since the marvel chip is useless for sata6 as its slower than the ich or the amd SB and there are better usb3 controllers now. and they swapped the esata on the back for 2x usb3.

i think that its a downgrade but the rampage3 gene is cheaper than the rampage 2 gene but the maximous 3 gene is a better idea IMO
    Last edited by zanzabar; 08-13-2010 at 05:05 PM.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    i would recommend not getting the SB liquid cooled its an ich10 and they put out little to no heat and liquid cooling it will most likely make the part hotter, so since u have a nice cooler there before why bother when it will just be counter productive.

and have u looked at the maximus 3 gene, the 1156 45nm quads are faster clock for clock than the 1366 45nm quads, and it has a more spread out pwm with standard holes so u could get 2x liquid blocks, leave them alone or get a thermal right kit, then it has the p55 thats a renamed ich10r with some bonus stuff and it also dose not get hot or need liquid

they changed the colors, and changed the jmicron chip to the marvel usb3/sata6 chip, i dont get the point since the marvel chip is useless for sata6 as its slower than the ich or the amd SB and there are better usb3 controllers now. and they swapped the esata on the back for 2x usb3.

i think that its a downgrade but the rampage3 gene is cheaper than the rampage 2 gene but the maximous 3 gene is a better idea IMO
    Yup I agree. R3G seems a downgrade from R2G in my opinion. Other than the color which is a lot nicer than the R2G this board has nothing on the R2G. What's the point of the USB 3.0 and SATA6? Gimmick

I like the idea of a NB/PWM block, has it been done before?

Talking

EK is going to make a block set for the Rampage III Gene! Hooray!
    Here is the response from EK's Gregor Hribernik - Development and Quality Officer:

Hello,

I have good news. I got particular mobo and we are looking into it. Might not be FB block due to limited space, but still…..
    ETA 3-4 weeks due to other projects.

Lep pozdrav/Best regards/MfG/Cordialement

Xtreme Member
    Hopefully they make it a full solution from the North Bridge to the Mospets...that would look really good on the board...would give it a clean look.

Xtreme Member
    afair 1/3 of CPU's VRM MOSFETs located on the other side of board/
    does they need additional cooling and how to cool THEM?

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbrown View Post
    Hopefully they make it a full solution from the North Bridge to the Mospets...that would look really good on the board...would give it a clean look.
    I agree, the south bridge is an unnecessary pipe dream on M-ATX board. Those MOSSFETS on the back side of the board suck some what, EK should make a shallow finned backing plate for their planned block.

Isn't there folk on here from EK? would be ace to see some renders?

Xtreme Cruncher
    finally!

I've been checking the EK news daily for this...

EDIT: lol... not quite... it says "no stock"

EDIT: also, where's matching SB block?
    Last edited by meanmoe; 10-01-2010 at 04:19 AM.
    upgrading...

Xtreme Member
    Quote from EK web site "Block covers only NB and mosfets!"

So I guess SB block is out of question. SB gets hot much less than NB or mosfets so not important to watercool in most cases (performance wise) IMO.
    Cmndt. Eric Lassard: What is the most frustrating thing about police work?
    Tackleberry: Not being able to carry hand grenades, sir.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast