Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fitness

Xtreme Addict
    To stay fit I do weightlifting 6 times per week, 3 lower body and 3 upper body works great. I get to eat pretty much whatever and still maintain/lose a little weight.

I bought an Olympic bench and weights and stuck it in my garage so I can workout whever I feel like it. I usually workout about 5 days a week. I've been taking Creatine and Whey Protien although Im gonna stop both once they run out. They definatelt helped put on mass and muscle though. I went from about 9.5 stones up to 12 stones in about a year.

P90X and 10 miles of climb and descend mtbing... daily

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless187 View Post
    I bought an Olympic bench and weights and stuck it in my garage so I can workout whever I feel like it. I usually workout about 5 days a week. I've been taking Creatine and Whey Protien although Im gonna stop both once they run out. They definatelt helped put on mass and muscle though. I went from about 9.5 stones up to 12 stones in about a year.
    Definitely drop the creatine, there's too much uncertainty about the positives and negatives about its use.

I'm a fan of whey for only post-workout when your muscles can really use it. And even then, I usually only use a 15-20g serving depending on how many muscle groups I work in my session, with no more than four muscle groups in a session.

I also don't use casein, as I'm not trying to build too much mass, but it's a good option if that's your goal, as you can have it with your breakfast and let it act as a slow metabolizing protein throughout the day. Soy is also good for this.

Of course, everybody is different, but I'm of the opinion that as little as supplements as possible is best. My fitness regime is also more geared towards cardiovascular health - probably about 60/40 - so I'm not going for the silverback gorilla look where lots of supplements really helps.

For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.

I'm going to do P90X once or twice, then start doing some parkour/freerunning.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by little_scrapper View Post
    Stay away from supplements! They are a waste of time.
    Anyone else... you just dont need it and in fact are better off getting your vitamines and minerals from natural foods.
    Natural foods?? sorry man but even the organic farms over grow the fields not giving them a rest so YES you should take suppliments!!

5'10"
    210lbs
    8% BF
    I work!
    Last edited by billdavis; 08-12-2010 at 09:06 PM.

Xtreme Mentor
    Great, not working out for a week and I lose 5 pounds.
    "To exist in this vast universe for a speck of time is the great gift of life. Our tiny sliver of time is our gift of life. It is our only life. The universe will go on, indifferent to our brief existence, but while we are here we touch not just part of that vastness, but also the lives around us. Life is the gift each of us has been given. Each life is our own and no one else's. It is precious beyond all counting. It is the greatest value we have. Cherish it for what it truly is."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12