Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New EK 140mm Rads... Just received the photos in my email.

Xtreme Member

New EK 140mm Rads... Just received the photos in my email.

Looks thicker than their 120mm rads too.

Xtreme Addict
    indeed they do. I'd guess somewhere around 50mm perhaps? But they look great. I'm still missing 140mm GT's ...
    “Little expense had been spared to create the impression that no expense had been spared.” - Hitchhiker's Guide
    It's better to ask dumb questions now, than to look stupid later
    Mondays:

Banned
    They look really great, are they available now? How about prices?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rheydt View Post
    They look really great, are they available now? How about prices?
    They look available already, MSRP 41.1 EUR, 62.1 EUR and 81.3 EUR respectively.

Xtreme Member
    Looks like 55mm thick -> Dimensions (LxWxH): 177x145x55mm

http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/ek...d-xtc-140.html

Xtreme Addict
    Those shrouds don't look very deep, which would make for a pretty thick core section. Hope the fin spacing's increased enough to compensate.
    i7 2600K | ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z | GTX Titan | Corsair DDR3-2133

Xtreme Member
    Hopefully they're reasonably priced. The only thing keeping me from recommending their other rads is the price.

I am Xtreme
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Guru
    Specs miss main characteristic of them all - FPI. :/

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    Specs miss main characteristic of them all - FPI. :/
    Photo looks high res enough if someone wants to count em!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleTECH View Post
    Hopefully they're reasonably priced. The only thing keeping me from recommending their other rads is the price.
    I think their 120mm rad prices are similar to the Swifties, just that shipping from Europe makes them more expensive for US buyers/resellers.

Xtreme Addict
    The fin density is about 4,3 fins per cm which is about 11 FPI.
    Quote Originally Posted by creidiki
    EKs are like waterblock pr0n

Xtreme Guru
    Eddy_EK: thanks for info. But it should be listed among other specs in product webpage's technical details aswell. Especially as important characteristic as this, which is mostly main one that lets make some guesses/impression on how rad will perform / what fans should be bought/used with it etc. Otherwise it can be like all those people that bought GTS 30FPI rads because of mistakening that 'stealth' marketing buzzword in description stands for 'silent' cooling . Good thing there are skinneelabs rad reviews to look up FPI info .. but not all of buyers know about it and they haven't reviewed all existing rads, and it sometimes gets really annoying to google out that info for some lesser known rads, when all you get at most are some reviews in german forums that should first be translated and no chance to check reviewer credibility or how true their data/measurements are .. so imho it simply is best if buyer can find that info in vendor's web page.
    P.S.
    And if you extend description for these rads, imho it's worth to do that for previous rad models by EK aswell.
    P.P.S.
    And it would be simply wonderful, if in each rad page there would be downloadable pdf with rad's template. It would simplify choosing right one size-wise, planning and performing required moding by a LOT. Just print out, cut, and dremel/drill exactly where/what needed. It was good thing that i left some material undremeled when i used some other rad for same fans templates before actually recieving rad (BI SR1) on hands. I almost could have wasted my expensive case by wrong template for seemingly similar rad. So template of right one is really nice bonus allowing to start moding long before ordering/recieving rad itself.
    Last edited by Church; 08-04-2010 at 12:44 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Though some find the necessity for a listed FPI less important, I do agree on Churchy's P.P.S., a rad template for each rad would be nice. Though usually the MNPCTech template suffices, it feels better to know you're using the template made by the manufacturer of the rad you have .
    “Little expense had been spared to create the impression that no expense had been spared.” - Hitchhiker's Guide
    It's better to ask dumb questions now, than to look stupid later
    Mondays:

Just as Churchy stated .. Smart people but things based on specs and real reviews . Not knocking these rads but if your about performance , then you won't just buy something cuz of the name until real reviews have been done .
    HEATWARE
    x58-UD5 ▀▄ i7 950 4.0Ghz ▀▄ ZOTAC GTX 580 ▀▄ Mushkins 1600Mhz

Xtreme Guru
    Well, knowing that it's 11FPI is already big step ahead, as it already shows that no need for 3K rpm fans for this rad for it to start cooling well
    Alexandr0s: IIRC MNPCtech had only templates for 120mm ones, no? No use for me for my 140mm rad :/

Xtreme Member

Xtreme X.I.P.
    My suggestion would be to provide real scientific performance specs. Swiftech has a good example. Something like this would be awesome otherwise we really don't know what we are buying in terms of performance.

Restriction:

Thermal Performance:

Fan:
    Delta
    WFB1212M @ 12v
    ~37

I know it's more work, but I think it would be really cool if manufacturers would start providing us a little more in the performance specifications area. It gives us an impression that there really was science used in the development of the product.
    Last edited by Martinm210; 08-04-2010 at 05:55 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandr0s View Post
    indeed they do. I'd guess somewhere around 50mm perhaps? But they look great. I'm still missing 140mm GT's ...

Agreed. i definitely have emailed scythe multiple times to nudge nidtec into making some 140mm gt's. sadly no one has gotten back to me

Xtreme Cruncher
    Where is the quad 140? I would buy 2, the gtx series fpi is too high but there is no competition in this niche size.

Edit. I'd ditch my gtx 280 for the matching set also
    XTREMESupercomputer: Phase 2
    Live up to your name - November 1 - 8
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team

Xtreme Member
    I just wish there was a larger selection of 140mm fans to choose from...

Intel Core i7-2600K---> Koolance 370
    3 X EVGA 480 GTX SC's Watercooled--> Koolance VID-NX480 blocks, HWLabs GTX 480, Liang D5 Vario
    Koolance RP-45X2 Reservoir
    Corsair Obsidian 800D
    Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB
    SILVERSTONE ST1500 1500W PSU
    16G CORSAIR DOMINATOR-GT (4 x 4GB) PC3 12800
    2 X Kingston HyperX SH100S3B/120G SATA 3 in RAID 0
    1 X WD Caviar Black 1TB
    Dell 3007 WFP-HC
    Z-5500's
    Windows 7 64bit

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Section8 View Post
    don't worry, in time, there will be plenty to choose from. you just gotta wait until these hit mainstream. remember all those years back when 80mm fans were standard? 120mm fans were rare, and now they're the most popular.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Section8 View Post
    +1 , only real reason i havent gotten 140mm rads..

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFireDragon View Post
    don't worry, in time, there will be plenty to choose from. you just gotta wait until these hit mainstream. remember all those years back when 80mm fans were standard? 120mm fans were rare, and now they're the most popular.
    Good point.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFireDragon View Post
    Yes but, that time frame was many years in the making. I don't think it would be a stretch to say that the majority of us are far too impatient to tolerate it happening again. Yet the Manu's would be more than content to take that long if they feel there isn't a strong enough market to make it worth the R&D and production line revamp costs.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast