Thread: I want your GTX460 vBIOSes!

Threaded View

Talking I want your GTX460 vBIOSes!

Title says it all guys its for my own research purposes, and while I'm at it I'll also upload tweaked versions for people to try out.

nvflash update procedure

This is just a rough and quick explanation for people to reference to ensure they have a successful vBIOS flash.

Assuming you are going to flash from DOS (safest) and use a USB stick here is a step by step procedure to flashing your vBIOS.

- Download a USB boot utility and boot files
    - Format your USB stick then run the USB boot utility to make your USB stick bootable, remembering where you downloaded the boot files to as you will need them
    - Place nvflash and your modified vBIOS on to the USB stick
    - Restart, selecting your USB stick either via BIOS or boot menu as the boot media
    - After the USB stick loads the boot files type;

nvflash --protectoff
    nvflash --eraseeeprom
    nvflash -j -4 -5 -6 filename.rom

Thats it. Ctrl>Alt>Del to restart, run something like GPU-Z to verify the new clock settings and/or voltages and you're done!

Modified vBIOSes

Changes:

Max voltage limit 1.2v
    3D GPU voltage 1.1v
    2D GPU voltage 0.9v
    3D GPU clockspeed 800MHz
    Default fanspeed 30%
    Memory speed 2000MHz (4GHz effective)
    Max fanspeed changed to 100% where applicable

Modded vBIOSes list:

DL Link: Click Me
    Last edited by Ket; 09-29-2010 at 11:22 AM.

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs