Thread: Log-In On Home Page = WTF

Xtreme Addict

Log-In On Home Page = WTF

If I just go to http://www.xtremesystems.org/ and log-in there without clicking into the forums first, I get a page that has nothing except a banner, background, a couple ads, and that bit of text at the bottom of the page. I can't access the forum from there, but it does say I'm logged in. Is this from the update?
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Xtreme CCIE
    I can't replicate the issue myself... have you tried a different browser/PC?
    Dual CCIE (Route\Switch and Security) at your disposal. Have a Cisco-related or other network question? My PM box is always open.

Xtreme Network:
    - Cisco 3560X-24P PoE Switch
    - Cisco ASA 5505 Firewall
    - Cisco 4402 Wireless LAN Controller
    - Cisco 3502i Access Point

Xtreme 3D Team
    IE7 and IE8 have this problem. I know because I use IE8. Try firefox or ignore going to http://www.xtremesystems.org and go straight to http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums
    Smile

Xtreme Addict
    google chrome has this issue as well. I have to manually go to the 2nd URL that Beep posted.

Xtreme CCIE
    I've tried this on 2 PCs now with IE8, Firefox, and Chrome on all of them and still haven't hit it. I wonder what the problem could be. Something with local settings? Some software I have installed/not installed/updated/not updated that lets it work for me?
    Dual CCIE (Route\Switch and Security) at your disposal. Have a Cisco-related or other network question? My PM box is always open.

Xtreme Network:

Xtreme Addict
    Firefox does it for me... Serra, just to make sure, just go to www.xtremesystems.org and log-in from there w/o going to any links. You're probably doing it right already, though.
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Xtreme Addict
    The only way I can get to the forums is by either finding the link or clicking on my name and then clicking on the forums... do you guys want a screenshot of what it looks like when I log in on the home page?

Xtreme 3D Team
    Smile

Xtreme Addict
    Thank you! Now we need a mod... we wait.

Xtreme CCIE
    I'm honestly not sure what to say. I have tried it over and over again on multiple PCs but can't replicate it. Is there anyone who can make it happen on some systems but not others who can look at what is different and comment? It's kind of hard to troubleshoot if you can only see one side or another.

Xtreme Network:

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I get the same thing now that I tested (Firefox), just checked for you as I normally just enter the forums themselves and don't have any issues.

You can get to the forums from there though by clicking New Posts, User CP, ect

Xtreme Addict
    Are the missing parts related at all? Like some type of text or some form it's in? (I've only took basic HTML)

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    I've just tried this myself - was not able to replicate the problem on my PC using IE7, IE8, Firefox or Opera.
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

Xtreme Addict
    I can't figure out what'd cause this for some of us and not all of us...

You guys using Win7?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottALot View Post
    I can't figure out what'd cause this for some of us and not all of us...

You guys using Win7?
    I have the exact problem and i have had it for the last 4-6months.
    Ive been using chrome and IE and XP, Vista, Win 7 with no diffrence

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman89 View Post
    I have the exact problem and i have had it for the last 4-6months.
    Ive been using chrome and IE and XP, Vista, Win 7 with no diffrence
    Wow, it's only a new problem for me. I tried using CCleaner and it doesn't change anything.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottALot View Post
    Wow, it's only a new problem for me. I tried using CCleaner and it doesn't change anything.
    Well i had it for a long time. Through diffrent XP, Vista, Win 7 installs...

Xtreme Addict
    Grats on 1k posts...

Has anyone taken a look at the HTML or something?

Xtreme Addict
    Try clearing your dns cache

Looks like it is not pulling in content....
    Seasonic Prime TX-850 Platinum | MSI X570 MEG Unify | Ryzen 5 5800X 2048SUS, TechN AM4 1/2" ID
    32GB Viper Steel 4400, EK Monarch @3733/1866, 1.64v - 13-14-14-14-28-42-224-16-1T-56-0-0
    WD SN850 1TB | Zotac Twin Edge 3070 @2055/1905, Alphacool Eisblock
    2 x Aquacomputer D5 | Eisbecher Helix 250
    EK-CoolStream XE 360 | Thermochill PA120.3 | 6 x Arctic P12

Xtreme Addict
    DNS Cache Clear didn't help...