Thread: Is thermal paste toxic?

Is thermal paste toxic?

So I was trying to glue on standoffs on my FC GPU Block by using a flat head screwdriver to spread the paste around the circumference of the standoff and accidentally poked myself with it. Injured my thumb and had about 0.3cm deep hole. The thermal paste may have gotten into my blood.... is it toxic at all?

I've read at the back that its supposed to be "safe' as confirmed by the OSH standard and shouldn't be worried if ingested, had skin contact or inhaled. Anyone can confirm this?

Xtreme Member
    Within a couple of hours the wound would begin to appear to heal. A small scab will form but toxin has already entered your blood stream. In a few days, depending on your body's natural resistance to toxins, your core temperature will begin to fall. You begin to notice yourself feeling the chills when it should be warm, you put on a couple of wool sweaters to ward off the chills but it seems not to help. Afterall, how could it? You're getting chilled from the inside out. The first phase of infection has begun and your body has by now exhausted its immune system fighting the thermal paste but each death of a white blood cell only serves to strengthen the thermal paste infection. As each cell dies, it is repeatedly assimilated by the thermal paste, becoming part of the deadly agent taking over your body bit by bit, day by day.

Within weeks of infection, you can no longer function as a human being, you are bedridden yet you have an insatiable hunger for toothpaste and axle grease. Several men in suits knock your door, but you are too weak to answer. It was not necessary anyway. Your door is ripped apart by its hinges and they enter, bundling you into a large black duffle bag and driving off in an unmarked black van. As you arrive at the factory, the prison that will hold you the rest of your life, the hood slips off and you notice a large signboard in front of the derelict factory. It is marked "Arctic Cooling".

As you are dragged into the factory, your intestines knot out and you lose control of your bowels leaving a long trail to your cell. You notice that instead of a reassuring, pungent brown stain, you leave behind a trail of gray sludge. It cannot be, you tell yourself. But it is. You have become an unwilling host and producer for the next generation of Arctic Cooling thermal paste.

Hope that helps bro.

Xtreme Member
    I wouldn't be too worried... plenty of other things you are exposed to that are worse =\

@ sabe... hahahha... that gave me a good laugh :P
    i7 920 D0 @ 4.01ghz 1.25v
    Rampage III Extreme
    24gb Corsair Vengeance @ 1600mhz 8-8-8-24-1T
    eVGA GTX 1070 Founders Edition
    Silverstone 1000w
    Corsair 800D
    Liquid Cooled - CPU/MB - EKWB Supreme HF/Full Cover MBWB, Iandh 225 res, D5 w/XTOP rev. 2, Feser x-changer 360, Bitspower fittings

Xtreme Addict
    Cool story bro .

Though I wouldn't recommend anyone to inject thermal paste into your bloodstream, I doubt this incident will cause trouble.
    “Little expense had been spared to create the impression that no expense had been spared.” - Hitchhiker's Guide
    It's better to ask dumb questions now, than to look stupid later
    Mondays:

LOL nice Sabe.

I am Xtreme
    I found AS5 works better than Preparation H for hemorrhoids. Little trick I learned from Vapor. Well, he uses Ceramique and then sits on the evap head of a cascade phase change unit but you get the idea.
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    This will depend entirely on what it is made of. Unless you've taken liquid-metal pastes entirely too far and are using mercury or leaden solder, you will be completely fine.
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

Xtreme Member
    I have it 4 breakfast with my peanut butter sandwich. Works as salad dressing as well.
    Cmndt. Eric Lassard: What is the most frustrating thing about police work?
    Tackleberry: Not being able to carry hand grenades, sir.

Xtreme Member
    ^ Haha

In all seriousness, you'll be fine. If a dog or cat can eat an ENTIRE TUBE, then you'll be OK. Read below for lol's
    http://www.blazingpc.com/forum/showt...12/index.html?

Xtreme Member
    you should be fine, i hope you got an even spread

Quote Originally Posted by Olly_K View Post
    you should be fine, i hope you got an even spread
    That I did. And I seem to have more spam regarding colonics... hmmm

Chasing After Diety
    oh man... you guys remember that guy who accidentally drank premix thinking it was water?
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    I found AS5 works better than Preparation H for hemorrhoids. Little trick I learned from Vapor. Well, he uses Ceramique and then sits on the evap head of a cascade phase change unit but you get the idea.
    lol DB, we should make a hemorrhoid club? rofl

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Cruncher
    if people can additively inject heroin into their bloodstream and still be half fine, i'm sure you're not going to die
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NaeKuh View Post
    oh man... you guys remember that guy who accidentally drank premix thinking it was water?
    I drank half a bottle of tar remover from a Pepsi bottle before realising what it was.

I was high for a couple of days but I lived to tell the tale.

OP, I'm sure you'll survive.

I got some Shinetsu under my fingernails during my last rebuild, and it kind of irritated my fingers until I thoroughly cleaned it out.

But I wouldn't worry about a tiny amount in your blood. Just make sure it isn't infected.

Antec P193 / 2 x Sapphire 5970 OC / Creative X-Fi Titanium / Killer 2100 / 3 x 160GB X-25M Intel SSDs / 1 TB WD Caviar Black / 1200W Thermaltake PSU / Liquid-cooling: Koolance TMS-200 / RP-1000 / EHX-1320 4 x 120mm rad / CPU-360 / VID-597 (rev. 2) / EK x58-UD7 / TMG-1 120mm rad