Thread: Computer sees Network but will not go on line.

I am Xtreme

Computer sees Network but will not go on line.

That's right this computer sees the other 4 computers, can share their Shared Files and etc... but can't go online. It sees the Router as well. Yet, it will not connect to the Internet. All of the other 4 computers will go on line and two has a Switch (Netgear Gb 4 port) between them and the Router.

The Router is showing an Amber light where this Computer's Ethernet cable is plugged in. The Computer is showing a max speed of 100Mb instead of 1Gb. The 3700 has Gbe and all of the others show that speed.

Realtec on a Gigabyte P35 with Windows Vista Hp 32bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Have you checked that the you have configured a default gateway?

Xtreme Member
    can you ping internet ip addresses (try 8.8.8.8)? if not, most likely default gateway. if you can ping ips, most likely dns issues.
    FX8350 --Sabertooth990fx --XFX 5870 --8gb GSkill --Scyth Infiniti --2x120GB Vertex4 RAID0

It could be the firewall setting. Turn off you windows firewall and you anti-virus to see if it connects. If it does connect then you know what it is...

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by SamTHorn View Post
    It could be the firewall setting. Turn off you windows firewall and you anti-virus to see if it connects. If it does connect then you know what it is...
    It was the Mobo Realtec Ethernet Card's setup that was causing the problem. In its config there was a setting asking if an IP Address was present. It was set to Yes and 00000000000000 instead of an address. I just set it to no and in 6 secs I was on line at myself.

It seems as if when Vista tries to repair itself and its stopped halfway through while it switching devices and setting off or on, this is the result.

Oh well!
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!