Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: nVidia Quadro 258.96 modified driver for GeForce cards

Banned
    Geforce 260.93 appeared at GURU3D.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download...dca4b2bfdd420e

Help :-)

Hi Everyone,
    I've joined this forum specifcally for commenting & asking for help using these Quadro drivers on Geforce cards.
    I''m sorry this is slightly off topic from Ket's excellent driver releases (the latest which I've installed for a GTX 470 & is working great!).
    Could someone please help to further modify Ket's drivers to enable what TiN has achieved.
    Specifically my friends GTX 470 is working great with Ket's latest release. But I'm trying to mod them further to trick SoliWorks 2010 into thinking it is a Quadro card.
    I've managed to mod them to the point that the Device Manager thinks it's a quadro, but under Win 7 x64, Screen Resolution->Advanced, the pc still recognizes the chip type & Adapter string as being a GTX 470.
    Anyone have any experience with this?
    I've tried using Riva Tuner but it's far too complicated for me
    Appreciate any advice you can give :-)
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by TiN_EOF View Post
    generics_user

No, it will not enable anything professional on consumer-binned GPUs.

But if you use any software which just checks name of GPU present in system (not actually trying to verify support of pro features) - it can be fooled to enable some eye-candy stuff. I'm using "modded" in such way 259.09 driver, changed name of card from GTX 480 to Quadro 5000, so my solidworks 2010 now allow me to enable RealView with all teh effects . But in 3D-moddelling soft, like 3dsmax,maya etc you will gain nothing, coz consumer gpu locked for needed features.

how to use these drivers in badaboomit ? I have these drivers and 470 is identified as quadro 5000 but badaboom still don't work !!!! Maybe he know that chip is different !

Anyway to get the 9800m GTS 1Gb added to this?

I installed Quadro 259.57 on my newly bought MSI GTX470. Everything goes smoothly, especially on Premiere CS5 and Photoshop CS5. To me, it about 10~15% faster while encoding H264 video even though my gear (Win7x64) still identified as GTX470.<---that OK !!

Good Job, Ket.

Looking forward to hearing any New Drivers from you.

Hello ken I respect your job and compliments to the site of considerable importance. I have not w7 for now I can not try these drivers,

In this respect I wanted to ask you for you modding these for xp 32bit for nVidia 8 series?
    I know I need to update but this gives you the convent
    not to your levels of knowledge.

eter but having passion for flying I often do battle for the antialiasing setting to flight simulator where to get a decent graphics need to continually rely on external applications like enhancer or Nvidia inspector not counting the time that is lost to optimize the frame rate with the substitution of various aspects of AA.

of course this happens when you update drivers or when się forced to format the disk. Here the importance of having the chance 'to install a driver ready for FS9 or FSX.

Obviously this is only a proposal and I am at your disposal for any questions. Sorry for my English writing is not so much.

thank you very much.
    Last edited by Franz_64; 01-17-2011 at 04:16 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Cool,finally someone that understands that the quadro drivers are the way to go...

The diff's between geforce and quadro drivers, sometimes there is 0 diff.
    Quadro drivers are usually more stable releases.
    But not allways, there has been times where you'de have to wait half a year before another decent ver came out.
    It hasn't been like that it seems for quite some time though.

Speed diff, min.
    Quality diff's, slight, quadro drivers are generally better.

Sometimes, a good quality geforce driver is in fact a quadro driver remade into a geforce supporting driver.
    This has happened in the past.

This specific driver would support geforce 6x gen's and above btw.
    And there quadro equ.

I should try to help on this...
    Tonight I gotta try to install win7 sp1 and get it working good enough to use the internet...
    Tomarrow, I don't know but I'll try to update my driver asap.
    And then I'll up it here.
    At the moment it's x86 only.
    I don't feal like installing the x64 o's'es at all to test.
    90% of you guys probably use the x64 though.

Mine uses only a handful of id's, which you have to pick through manually.
    Which means you need to use the device manager to install it.
    I use id's like deadbeef and etc, generic ones, with names like widescreen, fullscreen.

Most of you guys probably have never seen what nvidia cards can really do in terms of quality...
    If we can get this ball rolling I bet you guys will grow to dislike AF filtering.
    That I can guaranty...

Plus looking at an ati card, well, the quality diffrence is like comparing at an old tv to a 1080p monitor...

Right now, my drivers do quite well, sometimes achieving very respectible bench scores, it's been said I've been full of it from screenshots in the past (dfi street).
    There is a slight slowdown in the pixal shader part though, 3dmark03 could be faster.
    It gets a higher score then stock, but it's still not 100% what it should be.
    I think it was 2000 or 4000 more points then default on a 6600gt/6800u.
    My drivers performance improvements are generally in the texture department.

I started with the gf2mx, and then the gf4ti.
    Which got most of the speed.
    Then a bit of improvement over time with the 6600gt and 6800u, and now the 8600gt, 240gt and gt 460.

We can probably get all of the drivers into one setup, 2k, xp, win7, x86 and x64 all into a single inf.
    I don't see why not.
    It's something I haven't worked on quite yet though.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

This is for the thread op and people that want to help with the dev of this driver only !!! ->
    http://rapidshare.com/files/442823635/Desktop.rar

That contains 3 diff drivers I made in the past, I'm using the latest ver in there.
    It's not 100% complete or anything.
    Take a look at the 1st one though,. note it has every gf3 core id ever made..., from nvidia anyways.

I have src code for the very 1st encrypted nvidia driver ever made for win2k btw.
    It came with the xbox1's bios source code that was handed to me from the japan's xbox president in irc...
    Wanted mame to emu it but at that time I didn't have much coding experience.
    I used it though to help with my drivers.
    There's other things I can probably talk about later that I've done when it comes to this stuff...

And emu wise, xbox, I passed the info down to certain peeps in the emu community so that is off my shoulders and has been for years, 4 years ago I think or more...
    It must not be emu'ed because no want's it emu'ed yet...
    Last edited by NEOAethyr; 01-16-2011 at 12:43 AM.

Hello, great work Ket.

I have a minor problem with the drivers. I uninstalled the old drivers(26***), after that a restart an installed the modded 259.12, after this againt a restart. Now if i go to Screen resolution and advanced i still have an 8800gt tab that points me to Nvidia Control panel. Should i try another driver set or is my card the problem? Palit 8800GT 512Mb DEVICE ID 10DE-0611. I need the mod for realview in SW.

If i open GPU-Z i have an Quadro 4600, Realview still doesn't work. Did anybody had luck with SW and the moded drivers?

Dunno what the issue is there. Try the modded 270.71 driver I upped yesterday; http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=270580 also download and run driver sweeper 3.0 after uninstalling your driver.

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Done it now. Uninstall->restart->driversweeper->retart->install new driver->restart-> still nothing. Now gpu-z reports 8800gt, not even he sees the card as quadro.

Of course the driver won't see the card as a Quadro its device ID tells the driver its a 8800.. so it gets seen as a 8800. No idea why you want to run the card as a Quadro, best option would be to erase the EEPROM and flash a Quadro vBIOS. Not something I would recommend though.

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

I need to activate the quadro because of some functions in SolidWorks. The soft only checks the name of the Card, so it shouldn't be hard to do it.
    Can i change the name of the card in the driver package to anything? I mean not only Quadro 4600?

Don't see why not. Your on your own though I don't have time to customise drivers willy-nilly.

"Prowler"

Cooling:

Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

iRocks

Question

question ..

what is the benfit of this drivers ?
    does it only improves stability and give better image Quality?

or do i get the benifits of it like i have a
    real quadro card .. like 10bit image support for photoshop and
    improved performance in 3d aplikations like 3ds max and maya ?

i'm askig because i heared the quadro unloking via bios flash
    doesn't work anymore since the geforce 8xxx series,
    so if this driver has the equal Effekt like the bios flash method it would be tremendous!

greets
    phill

ps
    sorry 4bad english

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567