Thread: ATi or Nvidia 2010

ATi or Nvidia 2010

Hi guys -- I'm looking to enter the realm of high-end graphics. At this point in time, is it better to get Nvidia or ATI?

I'm looking at the 58XX series ATI and the Nvidia 460+ series. Potential SLi/CF in the near future!

If cost is not a huge factor, which one would you choose if you were to buy a graphics card TODAY!

Please give me some reasons because I'm completely torn between the two brands

Note: As you can seen in my sig, I already have 5770's in CF, but I want to upgrade to be more 'future-proof'
    i7 930 - 4Ghz
    Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5
    3x2gb Corsair Dominator
    ATi 5770 CF
    Seasonic X750

Xtreme Member
    Oh boy. The age old Ati vs Nvidia battle. I'd suggest hitting up Tomshardware.com for some stock performance numbers. Compare performance with price. Both companies have their issues as it is. I also compared the differences in said video cards in SLI/CF. Personally, I've found the ATi video cards to be the better, despite the recent Catalyst issues.
    ==========================================
    XClio 1000, Gigabye GA-MA790XT-UD4P
    AMD Phenom II 955BE @3.2 GHz, Noctua NH-D14
    CORSAIR 950TX 950W, 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600
    Sapphire 4850x2 CFX
    Win7 Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by stangracin3 View Post
    and the more i type the more BS comes out of my keyboard. LOL

thanks for the input aythrea! i was looking at the benchmarks from http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforc...0-sli-review/1 and was thinking that i'd be interested in a 460 gtx SLI or 470 gtx SLI. the ATI cards are pretty expensive!!
    i7 930 - 4Ghz
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5
    3x2gb Corsair Dominator
    ATi 5770 CF
    Seasonic X750

Xtreme Addict
    let me get this straight, you allready have a xfire 5770 and you want to upgrade like right now ??? ... wait a couple more months a new gen of ati card is comming .... or some news about the nvidia shrink in the next couple of months would most likely surface ....
    WILL CUDDLE FOR FOOD

Quote Originally Posted by JF-AMD View Post
    Dual proc client systems are like sex in high school. Everyone talks about it but nobody is really doing it.

Xtreme Cruncher
    5770s in crossfire are equal if not better than a single highend card (5870), so you're better off waiting for the next generation of GPUs rather than trying to future-proof right now (future-proof almost never works in the world of hardware, with a few exceptions. 8800GTX comes to mind). If you insist on "upgrading" (You're not upgrading, unless your crossfire/SLI two highend GPUs together), I'd suggest going with a pair of GTX460s. They currently offer a very good value for money, and overclock _very_ well. Good luck!

thanks guys! i guess i'll just wait until the next wave of gpu's come out. thanks for all the advice
    i7 930 - 4Ghz
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5
    3x2gb Corsair Dominator
    ATi 5770 CF
    Seasonic X750