Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fermi BIOS Editor

Xtreme Guru
    Hows the new vbios ket? Getting higher clocks or ?

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

I haven't got a new vBIOS yet, nobody I've asked who does have FBE has the version that can decipher GTX460 vBIOSes. Sure is getting to be a pain with my GTX460 losing VGA signal every reboot where the bootup voltage is too low

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

You can contact author here

http://www.hardwareluxx.de/community...rbmu2k-120880/

or post your bios here and ask for changes

http://www.hardwareluxx.de/community...709922-31.html

Come on guys, whats your problem about my decicion not to publish my tool.

I made it just for my own needs and my personal use for limiting the idle current of my GTX480 wich i bought just after launch.
    The research i does for it with another user has been shared immediately to the nibitor dev to bring forward the development of it.

I gave my own tool to some people in trust they wont share it, and as for now nobody has dissapointed me. Thanks!
    But i saw just in this thread that people sharing unreleased versions of nibitor. Just the way i fear that people will do with my tool.

That FBE is closed from public should make clear what future the tool has. None!
    I give no support at all, not in usage nor in development. If i modified it for other fermi cards its just my own decicion how much work has do be done.
    The latest updates wich adding support for GTX465 and GTX460 were only very small modifications. But this is not regular nor expectable.
    I dont make any more research on the fermi bioses, so it will not improved in features like fan control and memory timings.
    You sould consider just the next fermi card/bios revision could be the dead of this tool.

What will happen if i publish this tool:

- People asking for the unknown clock domains and its scaling
    - People crying after they bricked their cards
    - People crying for more features like fan control
    - People crying for supporting new cards
    - People crying because of bugs of my tool wich destroyed their card

You can PM me if you are aware of all risks and facts to this tool and I will decide individually if you will get the tool or not.
    Those guys wich received my tool can post screenshots and modify bios files for others. But they are not allowed to share this tool to anyone!

If some people do the modificatins for others, you should prefer to make use of it. Because i will not aswer PM's shortly.

BTW: The free and public Nibitor 5.6 supports GTX 480/470, just in the menu "Tools" - "Fermi Clocks" / "FermiVoltage" ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ket View Post
    I ask about it because confusion is very easy to happen when modding a lot of BIOSes. Kevinkt kindly offered to edit a vBIOS for me, I guessed he grabbed my vBIOS from one of the other threads but I opened it up with a hex editor to be sure, he had given me a GTX480 vBIOS for my GTX460! Good job I did double check! Things like this are very easy to happen and INCREASE the risk of people bricking their cards if a mistak is made such as the wrong modded vBIOS being given to the wrong person. This would never happen if the user had the tool themselves
    I am sorry for that. I didn't know which Fermi card you use (you didn't indicate that). I supposed it was GTX480, so I used Carfax's bios edit for you.

Xtreme Guru
    I haven't got a new vBIOS yet, nobody I've asked who does have FBE has the version that can decipher GTX460 vBIOSes. Sure is getting to be a pain with my GTX460 losing VGA signal every reboot where the bootup voltage is too low
    Ask on the EVGA forums, a bloke i know their has it, just start a new topic as i've forgot his name

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Quote Originally Posted by Orbmu2k View Post
    Come on guys, whats your problem about my decicion not to publish my tool.

I made it just for my own needs and my personal use for limiting the idle current of my GTX480 wich i bought just after launch.
    The research i does for it with another user has been shared immediately to the nibitor dev to bring forward the development of it.

I gave my own tool to some people in trust they wont share it, and as for now nobody has dissapointed me. Thanks!
    But i saw just in this thread that people sharing unreleased versions of nibitor. Just the way i fear that people will do with my tool.

That FBE is closed from public should make clear what future the tool has. None!
    I give no support at all, not in usage nor in development. If i modified it for other fermi cards its just my own decicion how much work has do be done.
    The latest updates wich adding support for GTX465 and GTX460 were only very small modifications. But this is not regular nor expectable.
    I dont make any more research on the fermi bioses, so it will not improved in features like fan control and memory timings.
    You sould consider just the next fermi card/bios revision could be the dead of this tool.

You can PM me if you are aware of all risks and facts to this tool and I will decide individually if you will get the tool or not.
    Those guys wich received my tool can post screenshots and modify bios files for others. But they are not allowed to share this tool to anyone!

If some people do the modificatins for others, you should prefer to make use of it. Because i will not aswer PM's shortly.

BTW: The free and public Nibitor 5.6 supports GTX 480/470, just in the menu "Tools" - "Fermi Clocks" / "FermiVoltage" ;-)
    I'm sorry, but you are being very condecending to a lot of people here. I'll do it bullet style to avoid the points getting missed.

- You are assuming that members of XS, which is home to some of the worlds best overclockers, and generally all-round very knowledgable people, do not know how to use a simple GUI interface to change voltages and clockspeeds.

- You openly admit you have given FBE to some people, what makes you think these people are any more knowledgable than members of XS?

- If you don't want to support FBE any further, thats your decision. Nobody is asking you to or asking you to add any extra features.

- If people brick their own card using FBE, thats THEIR fault isn't it for playing around with something they don't understand, and as such I'm sure they aware of the risks.

- If you thought FBE had any bugs causing a card to get bricked, you wouldn't of given it to anyone in the first place would you? Let alone allow the people that do have FBE to modify countless vBIOSes for other peoples cards.

- If you are not going to do anymore work with FBE, whats the harm in releasing it? Its released as-is and people know the risks of using such tools anyway.

Lastly, your attitude deeply disappoints me, not only for those people that do genuinely need your tool to overcome something theres currently no fix for (such as in my case bootup voltage for the GPU almost certainly being too low making me have to keep powering down until I get a "good" boot) but also because it seems like you do not have the enthusiast spirit. Did you see me just modifying and tweaking mainboard BIOSes for my own gain? No, I released those mainboard BIOSes for everybody to use, they all fully understod the risks and that thread grew to the grand sum of 90 pages in length where people expressed their gratitude and shared experiences and results. Nor did you see me keeping the fixed and AA enhanced Xpertvision X1950Pro vBIOS to myself when I done that. I shared that too to help people.

Anything I do I do to help people, its a shame you don't seem to share that outlook.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinkt View Post
    I am sorry for that. I didn't know which Fermi card you use (you didn't indicate that). I supposed it was GTX480, so I used Carfax's bios edit for you.
    Thats ok no harm done, you were only trying to help
    Last edited by Ket; 07-31-2010 at 03:09 AM.

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

- You are assuming that members of XS, which is home to some of the worlds best overclockers, and generally all-round very knowledgable people, do not know how to use a simple GUI interface to change voltages and clockspeeds.
    I never brought my tool to be noticed here, it was Olli from hwluxx wich firstly do unlocks for some XS users here. After that i joined here to make clear that my tool is not public!

Its not just a question of knowledge, further more important is trusting in not leaking it to offer it to less knowledgeable people!

- You openly admit you have given FBE to some people, what makes you think these people are any more knowledgable than members of XS?
    People here leaking unreleased nibitor version, so its just not very trustfully for the whole XS community!

- If you don't want to support FBE any further, thats your decision. Nobody is asking you to or asking you to add any extra features.
    If it has been published, other people will do for sure.

Someone will mention it in some thread to be used for edit fermi bioses and people come there download it and begin to miss features or support for their card.

- If people brick their own card using FBE, thats THEIR fault isn't it for playing around with something they don't understand, and as such I'm sure they aware of the risks.
    Full ack, but people wich have bricked a 500$ card will be very angry, ;-)

- If you thought FBE had any bugs causing a card to get bricked, you wouldn't of given it to anyone in the first place would you? Let alone allow the people that do have FBE to modify countless vBIOSes for other peoples cards.
    There might be bugs i not have noticed, you will never know for sure!
    But of course i will not release version including known bugs.

- If you are not going to do anymore work with FBE, whats the harm in releasing it? Its released as-is and people know the risks of using such tools anyway.
    I give it as-is to the trusted people, i dont have to publish it. Whats the problem to aks me for it, or to aks others for editing the bios?

Lastly, your attitude deeply disappoints me, not only for those people that do genuinely need your tool to overcome something theres currently no fix for (such as in my case bootup voltage for the GPU almost certainly being too low making me have to keep powering down until I get a "good" boot) but also because it seems like you do not have the enthusiast spirit. Did you see me just modifying and tweaking mainboard BIOSes for my own gain? No, I released those mainboard BIOSes for everybody to use, they all fully understod the risks and that thread grew to the grand sum of 90 pages in length where people expressed their gratitude and shared experiences and results. Nor did you see me keeping the fixed and AA enhanced Xpertvision X1950Pro vBIOS to myself when I done that. I shared that too to help people.

Anything I do I do to help people, its a shame you don't seem to share that outlook.
    You know my other tools? NVIDIA Inspector is published, and targeted to enthusiast people too. You can destroy your card with this tool too, rise up voltage and clocks to nowhere. But its a supported Tool, it will developed further.

FBE was never targeted to be published, its was for my personal needs because there were no Nibitor available at this time.

You know what bios editing means, its not documented, its based only on research, you can miss things, you can never be sure that the bytes you change does everything as it is supposed. Without an official tool from the card vendor you walking is risk at every time you have flashed a "modded" bios.

You have several options:

- accept my restrictions to not share the tool and ask me for it
    - ask someone with the correct version for your card to modify it for you
    - wait for nibitor with support for your card

- or finally just make your own tool ;-)

Sorry but a lot of those explanations I find very, very, flimsy and weak. nVidia Inspector is also no more "enthusiast" than Afterurner or EVGA Precision, which in themselves aren't that enthusiast really. I also did ask you for the tool, I PM'd you at the hardwareluxx forums, you flat out said no.

"Prowler"

Cooling:

Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

. I also did ask you for the tool, I PM'd you at the hardwareluxx forums, you flat out said no.
    Sorry, but would you trust a member with zero posts threre? It could be an fake account just to get and leak it.

I'll PM you....

Appreciated. In that regard, we are the same. I wouldn't trust anyone to modify something as important as a vBIOS without them having at least around 300 posts

"Prowler"

Cooling:

Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Xtreme Member

Honestly, I don't see a problem. Just tell them to use it at their own risk and to stfu.

PM'd though =o)~

NooB MOD
    If anyone wants their BIOS edited, leave the poor guy alone, upload your current BIOS somewhere and PM me EXACTLY what you want done as well as where to find your upload.

Neither XS nor myself accept any responsibility implied or otherwise for anything that may go wrong.
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Alternatively, PM you with a link and what they want doing? Makes things easier for you then

"Prowler"

Cooling:

Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

NooB MOD
    That's what I said
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Almost, but not quite. You said for people to upload their BIOS somewhere. Some may make a entire new thread about what they want done and upload the BIOS in the thread, where just a PM with a download link is all thats needed

"Prowler"

Cooling:

Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Xtreme Member
    Hello

possible software mods ? GTX 465 1GB

MSI Afterburner Max 1.08Volts

My records

WR-DDR2-805Mhz Dual channel
    WR Q6600-5018.57mhz

NooB MOD
    Almost, but not quite. You said for people to upload their BIOS somewhere. Some may make a entire new thread about what they want done and upload the BIOS in the thread, where just a PM with a download link is all thats needed
    Yeah, somewhere such as a free FTP site, not a new thread here

marcolecorse, you know what to do. I'll get back to you within about 18 hours
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Xtreme Member
    a bit late to respond... cause NO NEED at that time.. but now i got "hungry" to make "ECO Friendly" my GTX470, i messed around with nibitor, and found that at least in voltage control it can do exactly the same as FBE (havent mess with clock domain yet), Orbmu2k was clearly Right when said... that nibitor has now Fermi support (even nibitor 5.6) and thumbs up if he helped nibitor author with this.The corresponding VID settings can be seen in the next pic.

p.s.> worked fine in win7 x64
    p.s.2> still doesnt support GF104 bioses.

EDIT: updated image, cause VID <0.825 is not possible due to VID7 pin on NCP5388, is grounded
    Last edited by papatsonis; 08-31-2010 at 02:03 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    re: gtx480, I want to mod the BIOS so I can eliminate the 30% restriction on fan speed. I've tried nibitor 5.7, but it doesn't allow access to the parameters (any params, not just fan speed), so it doesn't support gtx480 although it claims to. Is there any way to access and change the fan settings, or is there away to get 5.7 to work?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by roller11 View Post
    re: gtx480, I want to mod the BIOS so I can eliminate the 30% restriction on fan speed. I've tried nibitor 5.7, but it doesn't allow access to the parameters (any params, not just fan speed), so it doesn't support gtx480 although it claims to. Is there any way to access and change the fan settings, or is there away to get 5.7 to work?
    When you open NiBiToR go to Tools and you'll find what you looking for (last two options), but not the fan speed. I don't know how to change lower limit.
    Maximus 5 Gene | i7-3770K @ 5GHz | ADATA 2x2GB @ 2.6GHz 9-12-10-28-1T | HD7970 @ 1200/6400
    Rampage 4 Extreme | i7-3930K @ 5GHz ||| X58-A OC Orange | i7-980X @ 4.6GHz

Xtreme Member

Are you sure?

just make public with information dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by papatsonis View Post
    p.s.2> still doesnt support GF104 bioses.
    it does you have to mod some
    Last edited by Maxforces; 09-09-2010 at 07:51 PM.

Xtreme Legend
    - or finally just make your own tool ;-)
    yes! would be nice to have more coders in this scene

NooB MOD
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxforces View Post
    Are you sure?
    Uploading of photos is allowed, I also have permission to show pictures of FBE
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Xtreme Legend
    given the demand you should consider creating a web based hosted version of the bios editor. and make it $1 to edit a bios

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast