Thread: SketchUP first timer - 7-10 PCI Slot bench desk table and EVGA SR-2 ready bench table

Memory Addict

Cool SketchUP first timer - 7-10 PCI Slot bench desk table and EVGA SR-2 ready bench table

Thanks to SYF_Karma's thread, I got hooked on Google SketchUp to design my dream bench desk tables and came up with my first design (thread here) and it's evolution from standard 7 PCI slot version to a 10 PCI slot version. Four days after first installing SketchUP, started on 2nd design for a simplistic EVGA SR-2 ready bench table.

click image for full size images

Evolution to 7 PCI slot version

---

Memory Addict
    10 PCI slot version

Memory Addict
    10 PCI slot version for those that aren't 4 feet tall. Added cabinet below for storage i.e. memory modules, video cards etc tec.

Tried Indigo Renderer free version and this is what it came out like near default settings. Colours are off heh

Memory Addict
    Still using Indigo Renderer free version limited to 0.7 Megapixel resolution.

Memory Addict
    Tweaked the bench desk a bit more, added lowered grove area on top - prevents alls those screws and small items from rolling off the desk. Added some curves into the design.

This is rendered in Kerkythea 2008 which is totally free Just need to work out how to orbit, rotate the item in Kerkythea heh.

Memory Addict
    Started my 2nd design, something a bit more simplistic. Only problem is having a hard time figuring out proper and consistent lighting direction in Kerkythea 2008 when I render it :o

EVGA SR-2 ready with slide out motherboard try rails

Comments, suggestions and any tips on SketchUP and KerkyThea 2008 for rendering are welcome
    ---

how are you so good at sketchup , i use it and i can't even draw a fan.
    Nice ideas and great renders

PI in the face
    forgot to comment when you pm'd me this

Looks amazing man, you have a real skill for design!
    only thing I see though is you will need really long sata cables
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

Xtreme Guru
    If only for benching, then good enough. If for actual gaming aswell, there simply is not enough free area for normal mouse usage.

Memory Addict
    thanks guys...

when i was a kid use to waste alot of pencil/paper scribbing and drawing cars, spaceships etc etc - now I've found sketchup alot of fun a head

yeah mouse wise i use trackball mouse for past 6+ yrs from logitech so guess it's a design based around my own usage patterns for now
    ---

Maybe a slight derail, but are those standoff hole locations on your motherboard tray to spec? I've been having a devil of a time sourcing accurate formfactors for anything larger than EATX boards. Closest I've come was an e-mail response from EVGA telling me they were forwarding my inquiry to their product team, and that was about two months ago o.O If those are to spec, might I ask where you got the juicy details?

Memory Addict
    Nah no where near specs - going to find out info on those later on so i can tweak them to be accurate.

Few more renders with different motherboard materials

---

Xtreme Cruncher
    I really love the idea that the whole computer is turned into a table. I think it would be better to make it a better desk... more like a workstation desk with the motherboard tray integrated into it.

I also LOVE the idea of putting the monitor mount INTO the desk, that is brilliant.
    Team XS: xs4s.org

Hello, I recently bought the board SR-2 also, but now I'm in trouble on the issue of board size and fit in the cabinet.

I have the coolermaster Stacker 830 EVO cabinet, plate fixing the motherboard is removable, allowing you a plate of the exact size of the SR-2

You would have the exact measurement in millimeters of each screw hole and the whole back? (Equal to that of his cabinet who was seated above) have to manufacture plate this motherboard.