Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Aggressive suggestions for competitions

The Canuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
    That isn't to say some of us don't enjoy it.
    Naturally

Xtreme Member
    While I'm sure most people in principle would prefer cool stuff over nice environs, don't underestimate the human tendancy to gripe and complain when the time comes.

I'm thinking that if it's not a swanky hotel, venues should have some artistic flare.

Something like an old waterfront warehouse or a spacious barn. Of course, available power would be problematic in a lot of cool places I envision....

The Canuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Something like an old waterfront warehouse or a spacious barn.

Xtreme Member
    While I'm sure most people in principle would prefer cool stuff over nice environs, don't underestimate the human tendancy to gripe and complain when the time comes.

I'm thinking that if it's not a swanky hotel, venues should have some artistic flare.

Something like an old waterfront warehouse or a spacious barn. Of course, available power would be problematic in a lot of cool places I envision....
    We could do it on the beach, it'd be bromantic and peacefull at sunset, electircal power again would be an issue but if we wear rubbers it should be safe

Xtreme Member

Something like an old waterfront warehouse or a spacious barn.
    Are you thinking of an overclocking venue or somewhere to make a cheap :banana::banana::banana::banana: movie ??????

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "realy magic isnt card tricks, big cribs and cars b1tch
    its 6 gig vantage full pass without 2v sh1t" Young Pro

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian@ASUS View Post
    ive got a few questions... do you guys expect overclocking competitions to be set up in really nice venues? how important is that VIP treatment honestly? would it really matter if we had the event in a nice hotel, gaming event, or manufactures lobby?
    At the Tom's Hardware Overdrive competition a couple of years back, the plan was to do it all in their office, but the building manager bumped us to the parking lot and we had an amazing time. We don't need nice venues and hotels. If guys complain about that stuff, they shouldn't be there in the first place. Put me in a room with some friends and give me some hardware to bench, and you can't ask for much more

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] gomeler View Post
    Excellent. We are coming to a consensus that more rules aren't the answer
    Nope, as marc started this thread..it was meant i think to suggest more rules and not squash them rules...

lost post from sham the LardArse

Quote Originally Posted by LardArse View Post
    why keep deviating from topics at hand ,
    that one person's worldview is different from anothers' , that efforts into more and more precise rules would not be such a bad thing in view of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by LardArse View Post
    more precise rules is not blasphemous and
    this is needed because we need to accept the fact that everyone views things differently and righteousness is a different ideal in different people's minds.

Xtreme Member
    You're right Hondacity. This is the subject of the thread and those posts come from the one who can talk about the rules, being out of the personal interests. Those kind of ppl envolved in the community could easely be eligeable as judges in one way. Like Movieman or high skilled crunchers who don't take part in the overclocking competitions, but gat the knowledge about the subject and the respect of the masses Am I wrong ???
    Klan-OC Team .fr

- ASUS M5G/M4G - GIGABYTE GA-P55/67A-UD7 - EVGA P55 FTW - GA-EP45-UD3P -
    - INTEL i7 3770 & 2600K/i5 750/i5 661 & i3 530/E8600/E6800/E6500K +CORSAIR H70 or THERMALRIGHT TrueBlack 120 (Full WC/SS/Cascade/LN² optional ^^) -
    - G.SKILL TridentX PC3 2400C10 (2x4gb)/Ripjaws X PC3 17600C7 & PerfectStorm PC3 17066C8[/B] (2x2gb)/CRUCIAL Value PC3 10700 (2x1gb @880 cas6)
    CRUCIAL BallistiX Tracer PC8500 (2x1gb @704 cas5) -
    - SAPPHIRE HD 7970 / SLI MSI GTX580 Lightning / MSI GTX275 Lightning / MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk / ASUS HD 4870 1Gb DK / CFs MSI HD5770 Hawk & ASUS HD4770 -
    - CORSAIR AX1200 & HX650 / ENERMAX REVOLUTION 1250w & MODU 82+625w -
    - CRUCIAL M4 128Gb RAID0 /OCZ Vertex 3 120Gb & Turbo 30Gb / WD Velociraptor 150Gb/Raid0 & WD Raptor 76Gb/Raid0 /3x WD Caviar Black 2To -

THE AMOUNT OF HW ISN'T REPRESENTATIVE OF YOUR SKILLZ ...IF YOU'RE THE KING OF THE HILL, PROVE IT THOUGH!!

Xtreme XIP

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    1) NO CPU SHARRING, CPU MAY ONLY BE USED BY ONE USER, BE THAT 2D OR 3D, NO DIFFERENCE. (M.Beier)

Absolutly agree 100% with you on this one .

Hi all, Just finished reading the long thread about those cheaters. I would have posted there but it was locked off. This post appears to have some bearing and link to those issues. So, maybe I can ask my question here.

The question is:-

Would those guys lose their sponsorship(s), if any, for being caught bringing the community, themselves and their sponsors into disrepute?

Thanks for any replies.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Actually one of them has recently been... EMPLOYED by Asus ( thought it would go undetected guys ? )
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    Actually one of them has recently been... EMPLOYED by Asus ( thought it would go undetected guys ? )
    How can that be? Corruption must be almost acceptable in the higher echelons of some companies. Certainly, they must be complicit in their awareness of this wrongdoing. There is no way they would not know about this occurrence and its punishment award and suspension period of one year. I won't call it a ban. If they are working for a computer firm then they must still be involved in teams submitting results! It's just someone else in that department clicking the submit button on their behalf.

The worrying thing is that this event on a persons CV or Resume seems to be a qualification they will will happily accept, as it goes a long way to fooling 'Joe Public' into buying their gear based on the lies produced in its testing results.

This whole incident has changed my outlook to reading scores, statistics and even hardware reviews. I bought a Typhoon 3 based on pages of massaged statistics and reviews involving one, or more, of these liars. It was a mistake that I'll not be making again.

In fact I can't see how any overclocked results could achieve me being impressed ever again. Not unless I saw it with my own eyes in person or on a video at the very least.

If the 'Overclocking icons' can cheat and gain high end employment in the PC industry, then the gamers can hack, the shills can shill.. What's the point?

"It's not personal. It's only business Godfather!"

Brotherhood
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    what about samples from msi(manufacturer/vendor)....hazzan is competing @ msi contest using samples from msi

I'm just surprised to see you soon ... you know antusiat hardware right? and you overclockers right? I think you know the results of overclocking does not specify the hardware is just one ... example: I received a sample of the MSI motherboard. whether it is enough to make me a champion? NO .... because overclocking results are not in a single set of hardware are still many who need outside the sample in the motherboard that I received .... I had to buy approximately 9 pcs Core i7 980XE ... test one by one and get 2pcs good chip .. and yet again with the hardware and other hardware. to support that way .. fair or not fair in a competition that is not determined by rules specify the competition .. but from ourselves.

BR

Hazzan
    Last edited by Hazzan; 08-13-2010 at 01:51 AM.

I am Xtreme
    you are absolutely correct....

for example 100 overclockers participated... 500 i7-980x cpus bought.. but only you received a board from msi. and you used it. a contest where one person is sponsored while others are not is not fair.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by massman View Post
    If it only were 8 hours ... some boards have received close to 100h of my undivided attention. And I'm sure there are a lot more others out there in the same situation. Doing all this for nothing but the board; in fact, some manufacturers even dare to ask the board back afterwards .

Free hardly ever is free.
    you're also not reviewing the board per sé; yes you can come up with the very elaborate evaluation of the board and all it features, but the manufacturer knows your spending more time actually pushing the board and doing the beta testing for them, they are sending you their new products and BIOS files to tune them for better performance under more extreme conditions;

it's hardly "run of the mill" review testing you do here; it has it upsides and downsides;

Belgium's #1 Hardware Review Site and OC-Team!

Xtreme Guru
    here's an idea. You take a couple of guys and only bench superpi 32m on 939 with an ati bullhead reference board and mushkin blk bh5, and a ocz ddrbooster.
    the winner gets a pair of the latest ssds from ocz, AMD had to throw down on an intel cpu of your choice, And Mushkin has to buy you the best and latest Corsair ddr3 kit they have to offer and and a subscription to maximum pc.

anyone?

Banned Movieman...
    Quote Originally Posted by trans am View Post
    here's an idea. You take a couple of guys and only bench superpi 32m on 939 with an ati bullhead reference board and mushkin blk bh5, and a ocz ddrbooster.
    the winner gets a pair of the latest ssds from ocz, AMD had to throw down on an intel cpu of your choice, And Mushkin has to buy you the best and latest Corsair ddr3 kit they have to offer and and a subscription to maximum pc.

anyone?
    why in the would amd and mushkin spend money to buy a competitors products?

are you ing mental????????????????

Xtreme Guru
    I was actually going to ask you the same thing. I figured someone who calls themself "the stang" would know what a joke is.

Subscription to Maximum pc?
    Cmon man. Now you must be the one joking around. U got me. Hahaha.

Banned Movieman...
    Quote Originally Posted by trans am View Post
    I was actually going to ask you the same thing. I figured someone who calls themself "the stang" would know what a joke is.

Subscription to Maximum pc?
    Cmon man. Now you must be the one joking around. U got me. Hahaha.
    it would be called a clan tag genius

i don't know how you got an e out of c|. if anything it looks like a d

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567