Thread: How To Setup External Rad

How To Setup External Rad

So to dump the estimated 1200watts of heat in my system I've accepted that it needs to be an external radiator since my Lian Li P80 doesnt have enough internal space. Im looking at a 120x9 or 140x9 rad size.

Since I need to have the single loop going out of the P80, into the external rad and back into the P80, whats the best way to set this up? Ideally I'd prefer a disconnectable line bolted to the P80 so that if I have to move it I can disconnect the two main boxes and refill after the move....or is there something I'm not thinking of thats better?

Xtreme Member
    Perhaps this can solve your problem http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/ra...older-120.html
    Cmndt. Eric Lassard: What is the most frustrating thing about police work?
    Tackleberry: Not being able to carry hand grenades, sir.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nullack View Post
    to dump the estimated 1200watts of heat
    some brand new nuclear reactor on shop shelves?

I'd prefer a disconnectable line
    better go with quick disconnects like this. they not cheap, but do their job pretty well

Xtreme Member
    I have used koolance QDC's with my rad box. Works really well! And I have plenty of room for the 3 radiators that I use... (one is a 140x3... others are 120x3 + 120x2).

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Nullack View Post
    So to dump the estimated 1200watts
    I've heard that a single PA 120.2 can do about 500 to 600watts by its self... Is it possible to mount two of these in the case?
    Last edited by Vinas; 07-26-2010 at 04:18 AM.
    Current: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.2GHz / EK Supremacy/ 360 EK Rad, EK-DBAY D5 PWM, 32GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Vega 64 Wave, Samsung nVME SSDs
    Prior Build: Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz / Apogee XT/120.2 Magicool rad, 16GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Saphire rx580 8GB, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Intel 4.5GHz LinX Stable Club

Crunch with us, the XS WCG team

Xtreme Guru
    If your gonna watercool using the external method, go with the koolance radiator mount, highly recommend it !
    http://www.koolance.com/water-coolin...product_id=829

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinas View Post
    I've heard that a single PA 120.2 can do about 500 to 600watts by its self... Is it possible to mount two of these in the case?
    If we assume the radiators sizes scale properly (meaning 240 is 2/3 the performance of a 360), then we can use Skinnee's test of the PA120.3 to calculate what RPM would be needed.

First we scale up the wattage to 3/2*500 = 750W, to make it fit the RPM curve of the PA120.3.

Now we use Skinnee's graph to find an appropriate delta, say 10C. We find that at 10C delta with 750W load, you will need 2000RPM fans during load times.

This should be equivalent to a heatload of 500W with a 10C delta on a PA120.2. Of course, when not on load, heat dissipation will be about 1/3 -1/4 of the max load, meaning the fans can run at lower speeds .
    “Little expense had been spared to create the impression that no expense had been spared.” - Hitchhiker's Guide
    It's better to ask dumb questions now, than to look stupid later
    Mondays:

If you wanted to stick to the 120x9 you could always just attach the radiator to the side of the case like I did with my NZXT Lexa.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    just out of curiosity, where do you get 1200 Watts needing to be dissipated?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ice Dragon on Facebook