Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: ASUS ROG Experience Tour Competition

PI in the face
    cool competition in person ftw
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

Aussie God
    ASUS should pay all expenses for winner.... No doubt...

And USA/CANADA, well that is usual.... Its ok I guess, ASUS choice souly, completely stupid and naive marketing decision, but ASUS' choice
    - Sometimes negative attention is better then no attention, I guess its the case on this one.
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian@ASUS View Post
    @massman: Sorry if i may have offended HWBOT in anyway but that was not our intention, we are doing this purely for the sport of overclocking. The purpose of submitting on hwbot is to bring more awareness to the HWBOT community from our end, get you guys more traffic, and do this purely for the sport of overclocking and supporting people who have purchased an ROG or ASUS product. If you want to talk about how ASUS can help develop HWBOT as a community, PM me and we will talk. But i don't think having a banner and sponsoring tournaments is developing anything. I would truly like to discuss and innovate the way Overclocking is viewed and executed.
    Hello Brian.

I will send you a private message later this sunday to make sure I will not respond while feeling angry or annoyed. I've highlighted the parts of the message that made me a bit angry or annoyed.
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Xtreme Member
    @at everyone, it is what it is, for this event we will not be able to pay for winners expenses and this will not change. but we will pay for the oc summit expenses.

@massman pm me but i probably wont be able to get back to you until monday.

@ Brian, so You are organizing a comp to promote the gaming part of the rog series. To do so you're asking the oc community to help you out. But in return you're telling me, if I win, all expenses are on my dime? The way you promote that thing, You don't really need the oc community, I will post scores, just to prove ROG is the shoot, but spending money to go to a contest the I qualified for.... don;t know
    Last edited by Icebob; 07-24-2010 at 04:58 PM.
    EVGA P55 Classified
    i7 860 (today)
    Perfect Storm 2133
    3X 5870
    Megahalem with 1 delta 220cfms
    Navig bench station

Turkey Man
    Ive seen more money thrown at a bench session by a sponsor than this competition.
    Regardless, Brian what are you thinking in using SuperPI1M as a ebnchmark for what seems to be a gaming style overclocking comp? What is wrong with 3DMark? Congrats on running a CPU max MHz competition

Xtreme Member
    hmm 3DM .. hmm could it maybe be license issues ?

Xtreme Member
    The tour and rog is not just gaming but overclocking case modding and folding. This is kit one of the activities and all these things are taking place at quakecon. If you've been to quakecon it is not just gaming. It is an opportunity to show everything the Pc enthusiats is interested in. Just as any contest manufactures surround their contest around a board they are trying to sell. I am opening this to all existing rog and Asus board owners. If you have been to any of our events, we strive to help educate and show the activities that are possible with computers. Within our LAN events we show the avg Joe how to overclock and case mod and fold and game. This is purely for the sport. I'm not using the oc community to promote gaming, we are opening the opportunity for ocers to take part in our oc tournament held at quakecon. If you think we are using you in anyway and feel you don't want to take part, then there is no pressure to join. To make the trip worth while we are throwing in prizes well beyond what the travel costs are. And we are not limiting the chipset or board to allow anyone to have a chance.
    Last edited by Brian@ASUS; 07-24-2010 at 06:24 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Also to add when we ran the 3x3 oc summit everyone asked why it was not open to the public. If we fly people over to quakecon I will had select members with less prizing. Sorry but I cannot do both.

Xtreme Member
    We will hold a similar type competition in the final round at quakecon. We will have 3 different benchmarks to compete with at the show both gpu and CPU. We used 1m because it would allow more users to participate and less cheating

a spi 1m comp won't really help sells crosshair IV!!!!
    EVGA P55 Classified
    i7 860 (today)
    Perfect Storm 2133
    3X 5870
    Megahalem with 1 delta 220cfms
    Navig bench station

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Icebob View Post
    it helps rog series boards...

i just bought my 2nd rog board

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Icebob View Post
    and wprime, spi32m,pifast, 3d01 all the way to vantage or am3 will? Last I checked AMD isn't very competitive globally in anything currently except pricing

Why make it complicated.
    Last edited by chew*; 07-24-2010 at 07:18 PM.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    and wprime, spi32m,pifast, 3d01 all the way to vantage or am3 will? Last I checked AMD isn't very competitive globally in anything currently except pricing

Why make it complicated.
    i think that amd holds the top spot on wprime and maybe in pifast, and if we got a properly compiled spi they would do alot better there too
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

PI in the face
    Alot of hate in the air still I see around here.
    I think the prizes are pretty great if you need them maybe we will see some new faces in this contest since traveling seems to be an issue for most.
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

I agree with splave, this is a great opportunity to get a good gig who doesnt mind working for it to get their foot in the door.

Really surprised at some of the comments.

Brian, anything you need just ask.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

i would enter if i was in the north Americas ...just saying some nice prizes...

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian@ASUS View Post
    Also to add when we ran the 3x3 oc summit everyone asked why it was not open to the public. If we fly people over to quakecon I will had select members with less prizing. Sorry but I cannot do both.
    Just for your attention; some of your guests for that event has just been banned for cheating, might not be a good idea to bring up the choice of the honourable overclockers for that event.

But simple though; Qualifier, and the ones qualified will be financed to come and compete for the finals MSI and Gigabyte has been doing that for quite some years.....
    ASUS can read up on it, things are working a bit differently then the AOOC invite-your-friend days.

Innovation came, time didnt stop along with AOOC.
    Only thing which stopped was ASUS' budget for actively supporting overclocking.

-----

FUGGER; Feel free to sanction me, ban me, what ever, I am spilling out beans, my thoughts.... A marketing devision of one of the leading brands approaching like this, I am point out that they need to think a bit harder next time.
    Competition ranking;
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;

Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    Just for your attention; some of your guests for that event has just been banned for cheating, might not be a good idea to bring up the choice of the honourable overclockers for that event.
    Check your facts, the 3x3 event was PURE vs. XS vs. OCA

http://www.asusrog.com/forums/conten...-3x3-OC-SUMMIT
    Quote Originally Posted by chuchnit View Post
    Why do you always have to bring two sockets into everything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Because a one socket system is only 1/2 a system..
    You got two balls don't you?
    I rest my case!

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Check your facts, the 3x3 event was PURE vs. XS vs. OCA

http://www.asusrog.com/forums/conten...-3x3-OC-SUMMIT
    Ok, you are right, my bad.... Was mixing up with Kingpin/Skinnee/Shamino meeting from team PURE

#SR-2 testing if I am not mistaking, nevermind.. (CLothes looks too identical I guess.... Sorry)
    Last edited by M.Beier; 07-25-2010 at 05:21 AM.
    Competition ranking;

Spectating;

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Brian@Asus could you please make a new thread with any info about any overclocking events you guys are planning at Asus ?
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

I am Xtreme
    wooot bz is unbanned

lol

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    wooot bz is unbanned

lol
    Don't know for how long though, come Monday.
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Member
    BZ all of the latest info on upcoming events can be found on our asusrog. I don't really want to leak too much but we will have events coming up about every quarter. The next one will be at blizzcon. And it will require the skills of both overclocking and case modding.

At mbeier I am aware of what's going on with aooc gooc moa and everything else. I do not intend to follow in their footsteps though, do the complete opposite. If you ask any 3x3 attendee, our format was completely different and more intense than any other event. I plan to continue to refine and innovate on that. Hope you understand =]

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    i think that amd holds the top spot on wprime and maybe in pifast, and if we got a properly compiled spi they would do alot better there too
    your not serious are you?

amd is no where competitive in pifast or wprime

amd's 6 core versus intels 12 threads.....

amd's 4 core versus 8 threads.....

amds 2 core versus 4 threads.....

Trust me i study every possible bench that amd can excel in and currently on hwbot the answer = 0.....cept maxxmem ddr II,ddr I

I don't have to like it.....but i also take a good dose of reality daily.

Wprime would have limited comp to $1000 cpu's,pifast gets bugged runs, thus the reason i suggested PI.

Also I believe intel is sponsor...so
    Last edited by chew*; 07-25-2010 at 12:01 PM.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast