Asetek Liquid Cooled All-In-One PC Prototype

I literally was in aw when I saw this:

Author Profile:

Todd Berk

Thermal Mechanical
    Engineer

Asetek Liquid Cooled All-In-One PC Delivers True Desktop Performance
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LfIj...layer_embedded

Our CEO, André Sloth Eriksen challenged our team of thermal experts to show how liquid cooling technology makes it possible to run Intel’s best desktop processors in an all-in-one design. We decided to make a short video to show how we did it. Sit back and watch as I give you the tour.

75W gtx 280, i call bs its ether a 280m gtx (aka g92 and those are 75W on the core not package.) or its a flat lie

nice design though
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Addict
    It is a mobile part Still a nice step and decent hardware as well. BTW this fairly old. Seen that same video months ago.
    Desktop:
    Antec 300
    Foxcon A7AD-S 790GX
    8GB Gskill PC-1066@5/5/5/12
    PII X940 BE @3.6GHZ
    Sunbeam Core Contact
    2x 640GB in Raid 0+1
    4870 512MB@800/1000
    Vista Business 64bit W/ SP1

Xtreme Addict
    Why do so much work for a so litle result ?

And why use a full performance computer, with a f * cking keyboard and mouse ... ? That's so stupid.

I am Xtreme
    Well a decent dual rad should be able to cool 200W if you don't care much about how warm the watter gets but components still stay in the thermal limits.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by madcho View Post
    Why do so much work for a so litle result ?

And why use a full performance computer, with a f * cking keyboard and mouse ... ? That's so stupid.
    WTF are you talking about?

I am Xtreme
    when you look at the total space used by a monitor like that, your space limitation is so much larger, why not just make the monitor 6" deeper and do a full atx mobo back there

and i bet this thing costs so much that you could buy 2 pcs and get twice as much work done

cool... yes,
    practical... no

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    when you look at the total space used by a monitor like that, your space limitation is so much larger, why not just make the monitor 6" deeper and do a full atx mobo back there

and i bet this thing costs so much that you could buy 2 pcs and get twice as much work done

cool... yes,
    practical... no
    Because a 8 inch deep all in one is so practical.

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    Why do people here act like CRT's never existed?

And guys, this was news three weeks ago...
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 07-23-2010 at 05:59 PM.
    Smile

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    the point is no extra space is really taken, why pay 1000$ premium because you want something to look pretty. that pc is not one where you can mount it to a wall, or a monitor arm, so your stuck with its size, might aswell optimize it then.

they could have done the same thing with air cooling if they cared. and then it would have cost a few hundred less, and be placed how you see fit

Xtreme 3D Team
    the point is no extra space is really taken, why pay 1000$ premium because you want something to look pretty. that pc is not one where you can mount it to a wall, or a monitor arm, so your stuck with its size, might aswell optimize it then.

they could have done the same thing with air cooling if they cared. and then it would have cost a few hundred less, and be placed how you see fit
    People do that for apple all the time and it works great for them
    Smile

Xtreme Member
    wow neato. An imac done right!
    i7 920 | Asus Rampage II gene | 6GB ocz Blade | 4870x2

Xtreme Guru
    Cool design i guess .. I swear things are getting worse n worse lol

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Mentor
    lol it is actually a slim version of an imac hahaha

Xtreme Member
    Very cool concept. I want to see this combined with a better GPU, and then we will have something. Almost like a Central AC unit for your computer.

This might just be the future of all-in-one PC's.
    PII 965BE @ 3.8Ghz /|\ TRUE 120 w/ Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm fan /|\ XFX HD 5870 /|\ 4GB G.Skill 1600mhz DDR3 /|\ Gigabyte 790GPT-UD3H /|\ Two lovely 24" monitors (1920x1200) /|\ and a nice leather chair.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    could someone tell the gunmen to release this poor chap with the lab coat? He looked terrified like he was about to get shot through the video and looked so relieved/happy at the end! What's the tag price on that puppy? I'd guess between 2000 and 2500$ depending on ssd or gpu and paint job...

Xtreme Addict
    Pretty cool indeed
    • - Asus P8Z68-V PRO
    • - Intel I5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz (for now)
    • - Asus Geforce 580GTX DirectCUII Fermi
    • - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile
    • - Ultra X3 1000 Watt
    • - Asus Xonar DX 7.1 \ Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX
    • - Corsair Vengeance 1300 Gaming Headset
    • - Crucial M4 SSD 128GB \ WD Caviar Black 1TB
    • - CoolerMaster 690II Advanced
    • - Dell UltraSharp 24''
    • - Noctua NH-D14

January - SLI Rig Of The Month (2008)

Xtreme Member
    i could imagine this as a pretty nice LAN solution, the sort that people with lots of money but are too lazy to carry too much stuff about would go for.
    it'll run the majority of the games you want and be easy enough to get about with as an all in one solution.

I like it and can see a market for it, but that markets not me.
    Core i7 7700K| ASUS Z270F | 16Gb DDR4 | GTX1080Ti | Watercooled CPU+GPU | 512GB 950Pro
    So why is it customary to post specs in sigs anyway?

Xtreme Addict
    they are really advertising it as a gaming/workstation high end computer?
    i personally am having doubts on this.
    how well does it actually cool?
    and what happens when you need to change the water?
    Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    just start taking pics of peoples kids the parents will come talk to you shortly. if you have a big creepy van it works faster

Banned
    the base of the stand can be a U1

just like the old days

Xtreme Addict
    This is great. This isn't a gamer or overclocking rig. It is a pratically implementation of technology advances - lower TDP, SSD, decent mobile GPU.

I manage the IT for a small R&D company. Space in the lab is at a premium and almost every piece of equipment needs it's own computer. I've never installed so many VESA mounts for the monitors in my life. It would be great to reduce the number of boxes I need to home.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by SexyMF View Post
    This is great. This isn't a gamer or overclocking rig. It is a pratically implementation of technology advances - lower TDP, SSD, decent mobile GPU.

I manage the IT for a small R&D company. Space in the lab is at a premium and almost every piece of equipment needs it's own computer. I've never installed so many VESA mounts for the monitors in my life. It would be great to reduce the number of boxes I need to home.
    would that company be happy knowing that same setup can be done for a few hundred dollars less, and less risk if they didnt use the water cooling

Xtreme Addict
    would that company be happy knowing that same setup can be done for a few hundred dollars less, and less risk if they didnt use the water cooling
    It would. Please offer your equivalent solution.

if it was all air then it would not be special and they could not mark up as much.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyMF View Post
    It would. Please offer your equivalent solution.
    there are things like the new imac or there is a vio and a lenovo, but they stupidly used a desktop full watt part when they could get the same performance from a laptop or low watt chip and then they would only need half the cooling on the cpu but still u could cool a 100W graphics card package and an i7 desktop chip (i doubt that they used an 1366 like they eluded to with the TDP) but u could easily do it with an 1156 and remain quiet.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme X.I.P.
    it really is an imac done right, but it has all its limitation as well...
    pretty much not upgradeable, and not very future proof with that crippled G92 in there...

but sure, for that segment, its a great option!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast