Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Andre Yang - Lifetime Ban

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I agree that cheating is not good at all. And it should be punished no matter what. But i also find lifetime ban or anything similar a little to harsh for anyone. Its not like he killed someone. He should get a second chance to prove sorry for his action whoever he is. There are some ppl that learn from their mistakes!
    Intel i7 3770K (4.8Ghz@1.36v) ~ Asus Maximus V Gene ~ 8Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133 C9 (@2400 C10) ~ Asus GTX 670 DCUII (1230/7000) ~ Samsung 840 Pro 128Gb ~ WD Black 1Tb ~ Corsair AX 850W ~ X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty ~ Epoz Aktimate Mini ~ Ducky Shine Blue Led /w MX Red ~ Logitech G700 ~ Samsung S27A850D 27" (2440x1600) ~ SilverStone TJ07B-W

WaterCooled by XSPC Raystorm ~ TC PA 120.3 + 3xAP 15 ~ MCP655 with EK-D5 X-Top Rev.2 ~ EK Multi 250

Powered by APC Smart-UPS SC 1500 ~ MGE ellipse premium 500

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosAD View Post
    He should get a second chance to prove sorry for his action whoever he is. There are some ppl that learn from their mistakes!
    See the first post of the thread:

Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    This is not the first time reports of score sharing by Andre has been reported

Xtreme Addict
    Ban all the cheaters from everywhere please. If someone has to take this hobby as seriously as to resort in cheating, then they really need to take a break from it and get to something else.

Then again, since when has competitive overclocking been fair?

Xtreme Member
    I'm speechless pretty sad day for Ocers

OVERCLOCK TEAM HOLLAND

http://www.overclocking-holland.nl/

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Actually it's a happy day, we now have less idi0ts in the community.
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Member
    whoa...

when I first signed up to XS the main name I kept on hearing about is Andre Yang...

xtreme news indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    all i wanna know is why they are asking you for advice
    How about because I own a PC business and I've worked with PCs for 15 years. Hardware, design, and programming. Oh, and probably because I done some work for Mushkin as well. Now, stop acting like a twat.

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Good job FUGGER!
    once a cheater, always a cheater, ban em for life= good call. Glad to see this has finally came to a head.
    Email/web browsing PC
    MM Ascension case, 24/7 settings
    Classified, 980x @ 4,525Mhz, HT on 1.39V
    (3) ATI 5870's@ 1062Mhz
    G skill perfect storm RAM s 6gb, 2,176 Mhz CAS 8
    (4) intel x25m RAID 0
    CPU loop, EK supreme HF, EK mobo block, 500MM bitspower res, 2 DDC 3.25's on XSPC top, 2 XSPC RX 360's, 1 XSPC RX 480, GPU loop, EK water blocks, with nickel backs, 2 swiftech mcr 320's, 500MM bitspower res, ddc 3.25, XSPC top all with 1850 RPM gentle typhoons
    plus many other rigs.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmatory View Post
    Ban all the cheaters from everywhere please. If someone has to take this hobby as seriously as to resort in cheating, then they really need to take a break from it and get to something else.

Then again, since when has competitive overclocking been fair?
    This. The integrity of a sport (which is what extreme overclocking has become) is only as good as the collective integrity of the people playing it. There are too many flaws at both hardware (modding, flashing) and software (tweaks, drivers) levels, not to mention cherry-picking, to render all competitions null and void. The sport of extreme overclocking has a long to way to go for any competition to be deemed fair, because most top overclockers have too many advantages coming into any competition, and unless it takes such stupid mistakes like Andre, Hiwa, and the rest, their dominance of the sport would reign supreme.
    Last edited by OhNoes!; 07-22-2010 at 05:29 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Sad news for the community. Not defending these guys at all but it kinda shows the level of enthusiasm and drive the members of this community have. I hope this will be a lesson to learn for the rest. You cannot cheat your way to respect, you earn it.

Champion
    This is a sad news indeed
    Weissbier - breakfast of champions

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    In addition to SamHughe's post regarding respect:

Respect is hard to earn, and easy to lose.
    Play dirty games and be ready to get deep down & dirty.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Member
    Sad day indeed to OCers, but thanks Fugger for swift banhammer action.
    ASUS P8Z68-V PRO B3 + Intel i5-2500k @ 5.0 GHz + Noctua NH-D14
    8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance XMP (kit 2x 4GB) 1866MHz / Gainward Geforce GTX470 SLI watercooled
    120GB SSD Kingston HyperX (games) / 1x 30GB SSD OCZ Vertex Turbo (system)
    22" LG IPS226V-PN / PSU Fortron AURUM GOLD 700(W) / Cooler Master HAF Tower RC-932

Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    Actually it's a happy day, we now have less idi0ts in the community.

Core i7 980X B1
    EVGA Classified E760
    6GB CORSAIR XMS3 @2100 8-9-8-22
    ATI RADEON HD5870
    CORSAIR HX1000W

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well, the liquid cooling section here is now dead. Cathar doesn't post anymore, Martin M isn't involved, and Skinnee is now iced. All the brains are gone.
    AMD Phenom II BE, ASUS Crosshair II formula, 8gb ddr2 800, 470 SLI, PC P&C 750, arcera RAID, 4x OCZ Vertex2, 2x samsung 7200 1tb, HT Omega Clario +

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by crash5s View Post
    Well, the liquid cooling section here is now dead. Cathar doesn't post anymore, Martin M isn't involved, and Skinnee is now iced. All the brains are gone.
    That's an offense to the other members, and once again, they're not the only ones with knowledge and experience.

Xtreme Cruncher
    That's an offense to the other members, and once again, they're not the only ones with knowledge and experience.
    this is true. a lot of people in the LC section are experts but they are very quiet. now that skinnee is gone someone else will fill his spot, not as a cheater but a WB tester/reviewer.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Not really. Nobody else threw out the amount of testing or data they did. Even if someone was to try and start up today, they wouldn't have the equipment or connections to actually do it.

To make matters worse the various fights that have gone on in that section, and the subsequent pissing contests involved have taken their toll.

Skinnee really was the main contributor.
    AMD Phenom II BE, ASUS Crosshair II formula, 8gb ddr2 800, 470 SLI, PC P&C 750, arcera RAID, 4x OCZ Vertex2, 2x samsung 7200 1tb, HT Omega Clario +

Xtreme Member
    Well done Fugger.

Xtreme Addict
    Not really. Nobody else threw out the amount of testing or data they did. Even if someone was to try and start up today, they wouldn't have the equipment or connections to actually do it.

To make matters worse the various fights that have gone on in that section, and the subsequent pissing contests involved have taken their toll.

even so ... someone else will come and take that section to a higher notch of awesomeness ... dont you worry ...
    WILL CUDDLE FOR FOOD

Quote Originally Posted by JF-AMD View Post
    Dual proc client systems are like sex in high school. Everyone talks about it but nobody is really doing it.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Really all those bad comments of skinnee for that ? Yes i will now have no more respect for those guys as overclocker but i will still respect Hiwa as a good memory overclocker and tester and also Skinnee for being one of the last true watercooling tester(with vapor) that still continued to post everyday over here at xtremesystems.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDtung
    We overclock and crunch you to the ground

Nerdy Powerlifter
    You have to ban them. It demonstrates that we here at XS (especially fugger obviously) doesn't support cheating. There's really no option for him, despite what he thinks. It's partly political.

Its sad this goes on. I have don't powerlifting competitions where high school teams destroyed other teams, but decided not to do a national meet because they would fail the drug test. Amazes me people will cheat in any realm to be "the best."

I hope guys fill their shoes. XS is basically my main source for OCing info.
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Xtremely Hot Sauce
    Sad to say but cheaters must go. It's one thing to cheat yourself, it's another to cheat others. Hopefully, this'll give seats to other overclockers, especially in these large competitions.

My toys:
    Asus Sabertooth X58 | Core i7-950 (D0) | CM Hyper 212+ | G.Skill Sniper LV 12GB DDR3-1600 CL9 | GeForce GTX 670-2048MB | OCZ Agility 4 512GB, WD Raptor 150GB x 3 (RAID0), WD Black 1TB x 2 (RAID0) | XFX 650W CAH9 | Lian-Li PC-9F | Win 7 Pro x86-64
    Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | Core i7-920 (D0) | Stock HSF | G.Skill Sniper LV 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 | Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512MB | WD Caviar 80GB IDE, 4TB x 2 (RAID5) | Corsair TX750 | XClio 188AF | Win 7 Pro x86-64
    Dell Dimension 8400 | Pentium 4 530 HT (E0) | Stock HSF | 1.5GB DDR2-400 CL3 | GeForce 8800 GT 256MB | WD Caviar 160GB SATA | Stock PSU | (Broken) Stock Case | Win Vista HP x86
    Little Dot DAC_I | Little Dot MK IV | Beyerdynamic DT-880 Premium (600 Ω) | TEAC AG-H300 MkIII | Polk Audio Monitor 5 Series 2's

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by snoro View Post
    Really all those bad comments of skinnee for that ? Yes i will now have no more respect for those guys as overclocker but i will still respect Hiwa as a good memory overclocker and tester and also Skinnee for being one of the last true watercooling tester(with vapor) that still continued to post everyday over here at xtremesystems.
    This might be the case for Skinnee or not, but everybody in general should be careful and not cheat in any way, doing so just wrecks your reputation ( a bit or at all ), and it's not going to be long until somebody accuses you or skinnee as an example of messing with a comparison's / review's results.

Xtreme Cruncher

Oh really? LMAO there have been so many knowledgable legends in there in the last five years that I cant even remember them. Stop acting like Skinnee was some kind of oracle.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast