Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: Andre Yang - Lifetime Ban

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-EL View Post
    If the dudes are capable of lying and cheating for obserdly stupid reasons, whats to stop them from scewing a review in the direction of the most generous company?

I'm sorry but, detailed, decorated and well spoken are also the qualities of a damned good liar. With all the toolerant minds I've seen so far, its no wonder the wool gets pulled over the eyes so much these days.
    This.

YouTube Addict
    wow, this is Why I stopped entering overclocking contests....
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The reputation of a thousand years may be determined by the conduct of one hour. ~Japanese Proverb

I am Xtreme
    This is all a moot point. Over-clocking voids your warranty and is not recommended.
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbeavis View Post
    this is all a moot point. Over-clocking voids your warranty and is not recommended.

qft!!!
    WILL CUDDLE FOR FOOD

Quote Originally Posted by JF-AMD View Post
    Dual proc client systems are like sex in high school. Everyone talks about it but nobody is really doing it.

Xtreme Addict
    Yeah, I think I'll spend an extra $200-$300 for a chip's higher clocks rather than overclock one that's $200-$300 cheaper.
    \Project\ Triple Surround Fury
    Case:
    Mountain Mods Ascension (modded)
    CPU: i7 920 @ 4GHz + EK Supreme HF (plate #1)
    GPU: GTX 670 3-Way SLI + XSPC Razor GTX670 water blocks
    Mobo: ASUS Rampage III Extreme + EK FB R3E water block
    RAM: 3x 2GB Mushkin Enhanced Ridgeback DDR3 @ 6-8-6-24 1T
    SSD: Crucial M4 256GB, 0309 firmware
    PSU: 2x Corsair HX1000s on separate circuits
    LCD: 3x ASUS VW266H 26" Nvidia Surround @ 6030 x 1200
    Games: AoE II: HD, BF4, MKKE, MW2 via FourDeltaOne (Domination all day!)

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    I gave my opinion on the "what ifs" with doing this then went to sleep in another room some 45 minutes before skinnee uploaded the score and made it public.

Woke up the next morning and found out multiple scores were under investigation
    I told him my thoughts on the matter and left the decision to him and went to bed. He was the one whose name was on it and he was the one who was trying to qualify for MOA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    That's good enough for me.
    We are not "our brothers keeper" and don't control another adults actions.
    C'mon guys. We just crucified Sidewinders and Jab-tech for the same thing. We have to be better than this. If you knew something was going on you should have reported it, simple as that. Overclocking contests are based on the honor system for the most part and unfortunately we have to police our selves, not just when it is convenient, but when it's the hardest. Because of this whole debacle, the system will be questioned even more so than before. To turn a blind eye to something like this is wrong, especially when you are a mod, I am sorry, but you are held to a higher standard than other people. You guys are seen as leaders and essentially you were condoning this. If it hadn't came out are you saying you wouldn't have said anything Vapor? Seriously? We can be better than this, we have to be.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Come on, guys. Let this be just a scare for them and give them another chance...
    Team XS: xs4s.org

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanSmooth View Post
    Yeah, I think I'll spend an extra $200-$300 for a chip's higher clocks rather than overclock one that's $200-$300 cheaper.

that 200$ could be spend on a better cooling system ... but hey its your money right
    WILL CUDDLE FOR FOOD

Quote Originally Posted by JF-AMD View Post
    Dual proc client systems are like sex in high school. Everyone talks about it but nobody is really doing it.

Xtreme Guru
    whats happening with them?

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Member
    Has the question been asked as to how they know to go to Andre to get a score? I mean it seems unlikely you'll just ask another 'top' ocer for a score because you were unhappy with your own, and when 3 maybe more people all request a score from Andre, then there is something seriously dirty happening around here. Is this a case Andre letting people know you can get a score from this? It seems a great number of people know this is going on and nothing is being done about it.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cold fussion View Post
    has the question been asked as to how they know to go to andre to get a score? I mean it seems unlikely you'll just ask another 'top' ocer for a score because you were unhappy with your own, and when 3 maybe more people all request a score from andre, then there is something seriously dirty happening around here. Is this a case andre letting people know you can get a score from this? It seems a great number of people know this is going on and nothing is being done about it.
    qft.......
    EVGA Classified (MSI XPower), 980X (i5 661, i5 680, i7 950, E8600, QX9650, E8400), Thermalright Venomous X , Kingston Hyper X 2000Mhz, MSI 480GTX (5870, 4870x2, Visiontek 3870 x2, XFX 8800GT w/HR03GT), DELL E248WFP, CM Silent Power Pro 1000W, Seagate 1TB + 1TB + 500GB+500GB, Auzentech X-Plosion, CM Bench Station, AL 641, MX 518, New G15 Keyboard

Hell, I don't even understand how you guys know this even happened. Identical scores? Or slightly different scores but same hardware?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by dctokyo View Post
    The reputation of a thousand years may be determined by the conduct of one hour. ~Japanese Proverb
    Ain't that the truth... it could even be the alleged conduct of one hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Deluded View Post
    Hell, I don't even understand how you guys know this even happened. Identical scores? Or slightly different scores but same hardware?
    I think the program records individual device ID's for recording and verification purposes. If they were just using say, the same mobo, then it wouldn't be that big of a deal... but when each and every device on the system comes up with identical ID's, it has to be the same system. If they were at the same session and took turns overclocking on the same rig, it wouldn't be an issue either.

It has to do with the people who submitted the scores not being in the presence of the hardware as the benches were done.
    Last edited by iandh; 07-23-2010 at 12:11 AM.
    Asus G73- i7-740QM, Mobility 5870, 6Gb DDR3-1333, OCZ Vertex II 90Gb

Xtreme Member
    iandh already explained....
    EVGA Classified (MSI XPower), 980X (i5 661, i5 680, i7 950, E8600, QX9650, E8400), Thermalright Venomous X , Kingston Hyper X 2000Mhz, MSI 480GTX (5870, 4870x2, Visiontek 3870 x2, XFX 8800GT w/HR03GT), DELL E248WFP, CM Silent Power Pro 1000W, Seagate 1TB + 1TB + 500GB+500GB, Auzentech X-Plosion, CM Bench Station, AL 641, MX 518, New G15 Keyboard

How were they alerted to this fact to begin with? From the sounds of this, looks like they've been doing this for a while.

Xtreme Member
    Guys, does anyone here have a cherry 980x? if so just run me off a few scores I will pay you 20 dollars or so per score. I submit the scores to get me a high ranking in the overclocking databases, manufacturers send me loads of free stuff because now I'm 'known' your happy im happy

and forget the mugs that bench their own stuff bought with their own money who struggle to find a competitive chip.

I assume it goes something like that?

if thats the case then no mercy in my book, get caught doing crap like that then pay the consequences! bout time imo.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by tdream View Post
    wait, you're still here?
    Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oj101 View Post
    Yes, he broke the rules, now every one of you please report yourselves everytime you have broken the speedlimit.

How can you compare that to breaking rules in a competition where a lot is based on trust? Depending on where I'm driving I sometimes don't care about the speed limit but I'll never cheat in competitions. There really is a big difference.

@Vapor :
    What exactly were your thoughts?
    Basically means that he did the right thing eventually without anyone else pushing him? Hmm....

@iandh :
    Yeah, that's what I read too and it's not actually that hard, just requires the program to send the whole hardware ID and not just the part that has info about the model. If it was just the motherboard and they managed to get the same high scores it would just be proof of them all being skilled, now it's just...

Besides all that, my view on it is simple :
    If you betray the trust of so many people, including a lot of people that look(ed) up to you then you deserve a life time ban if you do it more than once (which was stated in opening post) but from what I read I would say that at least skinnee deserves a second chance, he did confess, right?
    Last edited by Dahmer; 07-23-2010 at 12:52 AM.
    System 1 (mine):
    CPU: i7 920 D0 stable at 4.0 GHz cooled by Scythe Mugen 2000
    GPU: PowerColor HD5850 (950/1250 1.2V)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 Memory: 6GB DDR3 GeiL @ 1528 MHz
    System 2 (gf's):
    CPU: i7 920 D0 currently at 4.2 GHz cooled by Noctua NH-D14 (needs more tweaking/testing)
    GPU: Club3D HD5850 (awaiting OC)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R Memory: 6GB DDR3 Corsair @ 1600 MHz

Xtreme Addict
    I gave my opinion on the "what ifs" with doing this then went to sleep in another room some 45 minutes before skinnee uploaded the score and made it public.

Woke up the next morning and found out multiple scores were under investigation
    This will probably bring me in a world of trouble but I just have to comment on this..

You're saying you knew about Andre handing out scores to Skinnee... or at least that Skinnee had an illegitimate score he wanted to use..
    I've been reading 5 pages of people saying cheaters should be punished, banned or crucified.. OC'ing should be pure and based on trust..
    If that's all true then why the hell didn't you stop it before it went down..?
    That's the same as if you know someone is going to rob the local grocery store and say.. "I wouldn't do it personally but it's up to you.." I know it's not the same as an OC competition but it clarifies my point..

Andre screwed up by providing those scores.. the rest are just as bad or even worse for using these scores to cheat a competition..
    It's like buying a gun to shoot someone.. who's to blame more.. the one who provided the gun or the guy that killed someone..
    In this case those who did the actual cheating almost get away with it yet the guy who provided the instrument gets sacked for life..

This whole thing smells beyond belief and just proves that honesty and values don't mean Jack unless one is caught red handed in the cookie jar..

Lian Li V2000+ Modded
    Intel Core I7 920 @ 3.8Ghz 1.325v Thermaltright Ultra 120 Extreme RT1366
    Asus Rampage Extreme 2
    OCZ 3x2GB DDR3 1600 Platinum
    EVGA GTX460 768MB 850/1700/2100Mhz SLi
    EVGA 8800GT SSC 730/1800/2000Mhz
    Corsair HX850W

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Fussion View Post
    Has the question been asked as to how they know to go to Andre to get a score? I mean it seems unlikely you'll just ask another 'top' ocer for a score because you were unhappy with your own, and when 3 maybe more people all request a score from Andre, then there is something seriously dirty happening around here. Is this a case Andre letting people know you can get a score from this? It seems a great number of people know this is going on and nothing is being done about it.
    THIS +1

The 1st thing I thought. How do 3 guys competing all decide to contact Andre "Phone a Friend" Yang for a competition?

This leads me to conclude one thing only... that Andre Yang was the 'go-to' man if you needed a dig out and a result. Does anyone know what price or benefit in kind is transferred?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NightCrawler™ View Post
    This will probably bring me in a world of trouble but I just have to comment on this..

You're saying you knew about Andre handing out scores to Skinnee... or at least that Skinnee had an illegitimate score he wanted to use..
    I've been reading 5 pages of people saying cheaters should be punished, banned or crucified.. OC'ing should be pure and based on trust..
    If that's all true then why the hell didn't you stop it before it went down..?
    That's the same as if you know someone is going to rob the local grocery store and say.. "I wouldn't do it personally but it's up to you.." I know it's not the same as an OC competition but it clarifies my point..
    I'm guessing Vapor knows Skinnee really well and knew he would fess up?
    System 1 (mine):
    System 2 (gf's):
    CPU: i7 920 D0 currently at 4.2 GHz cooled by Noctua NH-D14 (needs more tweaking/testing)

Xtreme Addict
    What's the point in that...?

Lian Li V2000+ Modded
    Intel Core I7 920 @ 3.8Ghz 1.325v Thermaltright Ultra 120 Extreme RT1366
    Asus Rampage Extreme 2
    OCZ 3x2GB DDR3 1600 Platinum
    EVGA GTX460 768MB 850/1700/2100Mhz SLi
    EVGA 8800GT SSC 730/1800/2000Mhz
    Corsair HX850W

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NightCrawler™ View Post
    What's the point in that...?
    Lets say you've got a good friend and you're playing some game. He starts to cheat and you don't like it one bit.

You got two choices :
    1) you talk some sense into him
    2) you report him without him knowing about it

Result of choice 1 will get him banned and he'll probably learn his lesson and wont do it again.
    Result of choice 2 will get him banned, you'll lose a good friend and pissed off people like that usually dont learn their lesson.
    System 1 (mine):
    System 2 (gf's):

NooB MOD
    Quote Originally Posted by G.Foyle View Post
    Wasnt that the case for OPB too? Still we're better off without him.
    OPB pulled some good runs back in the day in front of an audience, he had the skill.
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast