Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121920212223 LastLast

Thread: Andre Yang - Lifetime Ban

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by massman View Post
    At HWBOT, all parties received a 1Y ban.

The lifetime ban is only for AndreYang on XS.
    My friend; please enlighten me;

Update 19th July 2010: Since HWBOT does not tolerate the sale of benchmark scores, the act of both selling or buying benchmark scores and uploading them to this database is not allowed. In addition, we strongly believe that no overclocker who is involved in this kind of business should be allowed to be part of the community. Therefore HWBOT will remove any overclocker who buys and/or sells benchmark scores from the rankings and will give this user a lifetime ban.
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Xtreme Guru
    C'mon ppl it's not the end of the world...

Don't act like it...

It's very sad for the ppl involved however...

I see many Judge Dredds here also....
    Project ZEUS II

Asus Rampage II Extreme
    Intel I7 920 D0 3930A @ 4.50GHz (21 X 214mhz)
    3 x 2GB G.Skill Trident 1600 @ 1716MHz (6-8-6-20-1N)
    2 x Asus HD 6870 CrossFire @ 1000/1100MHz
    OCZ Vertex 2 60GB | Intel X25-M 120GB | WD Velociraptor 150GB | Seagate FreeAgent XTreme 1.5TB esata
    Asus Xonar DX | Logitech Z-5500 | LG W2600HP 26" S-IPS LCD

Watercooling setup:
    1st loop -> Radiator: 2 x ThermoChill PA120.3 | Pump: Laing DDC-3.25 with Alphacool HF 38 top | CPU: Swiftech Apogee XT | Chipset: Swiftech MCW-NBMAX | Tubing: Masterkleer 1/2" UV
    2nd loop -> Radiator: ThermoChill PA120.3 | Pump: Laing DDC-3.2 with Alphacool HF 38 top | GPU: 2 x EK FC-6870 | Tubing: Masterkleer 1/2" UV

Assembled in Mountain Mods Ascension Trinity
    Powered by Corsair Professional Series Gold AX1200

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    My friend; please enlighten me;

Update 19th July 2010: Since HWBOT does not tolerate the sale of benchmark scores, the act of both selling or buying benchmark scores and uploading them to this database is not allowed. In addition, we strongly believe that no overclocker who is involved in this kind of business should be allowed to be part of the community. Therefore HWBOT will remove any overclocker who buys and/or sells benchmark scores from the rankings and will give this user a lifetime ban.
    See post #1 and #2.

http://hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8998

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by Praz View Post
    Ah okay, nah, I didnt see that thread... Not that it matters much though... 1 year is quite a lesson.
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    While I think benchzowner may be rather provocative in his methods
    He does raise a valid point
    What does it matter whether a score was given freely, or whether it was paid for???

I am Xtreme
    Don't say that George, Bill's ego will even get too big for the internet :p I love that Greek american raskal, reminds me of when I was young
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

c[_]
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeStorm View Post
    While I think benchzowner may be rather provocative in his methods
    He does raise a valid point
    What does it matter whether a score was given freely, or whether it was paid for???
    It doesnt matter.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    It doesnt matter.
    the rule was about selling and buying, since there was no proof of a purchase, massman would have a whole other team of people after him if he did give a lifetime ban

would you rather live in a place where you more likely to be innocent for things you did do, or guilty for things you didnt do?

if anything people should ask for the rule to be changed to include any submission of a score created by a different user, rather than trading cash

Xtreme Enthusiast
    My point exactly
    So why on earth does the rule state that money must be transferred for it to break it?

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    It doesnt matter.
    I agree, sharing for money or for free isn't the issue.
    Submitting someone else's work as your own IS the issue and all the rest is smoke.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

I am Xtreme
    Question consists of two parts:

1) Why not lifetime? Because the rule said buy/sell.
    2) Why does the rule state buy/sell? It was taken to the extreme to be useful in upcoming events.

BenchZowners question did not raise a valid point. He asked why AndreYang wasn't banned for life and he asked it because he forgot to read the rule. The discussion whether it does or does not matter if there's a financial transaction is certainly interesting and, as I already indicated in another thread on hwbot, it's likely that we need to update the rule.
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Question consists of two parts:

1) Why not lifetime? Because the rule said buy/sell.
    2) Why does the rule state buy/sell? It was taken to the extreme to be useful in upcoming events.

BenchZowners question did not raise a valid point. He asked why AndreYang wasn't banned for life and he asked it because he forgot to read the rule. The discussion whether it does or does not matter if there's a financial transaction is certainly interesting and, as I already indicated in another thread on hwbot, it's likely that we need to update the rule.
    Agreed, just like the other issue we discussed.
    No one can see every possibility and you make decisions based on what you know.
    I have no issue with your handling of this.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

I am Xtreme
    The 'other' issue is more a problem of status roles conflicting with behavioral patterns.

It's not forbidden to burp during dinner, but for sure you don't expect the president to do it
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    The 'other' issue is more a problem of status roles conflicting with behavioral patterns.

It's not forbidden to burp during dinner, but for sure you don't expect the president to do it
    Touche.. Excellent analogy..
    I'll derail this yet!
    When you guys going to get those clusters off of HWBot?

Banned
    Darth Yang, the Dark Cheater has crossed the galaxys to kill our babys, official website: http://www.darthyang.com

Last edited by DosDuoNo; 07-24-2010 at 02:13 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DosDuoNo View Post
    Darth Yang, the Dark Cheater has crossed the galaxys to kill our babys, official website: http://www.darthyang.com
    Cool, if you click on the portrait a .3dr file download starts.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Touche.. Excellent analogy..
    I'll derail this yet!
    When you guys going to get those clusters off of HWBot?
    I concur GET RID OF THOSE CLUSTERS

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Splave View Post
    to show that anyone can be bought and its all a money game perhaps as he has shown with his uber binning skills?

Anyone know how much he charged for the results?
    Until Andre or the people involved admit to any selling of scores (up until now all parties say they were freely given) your coming across as a rumormonger. Why would andre need to sell those scores, he has no financial need. I understand and agree with teh frustration over this, but unless you have facts or proof....

Assistant Administrator systemviper's Avatar
    Klaatu barada nikto
    HWbot - Team: XtremeSystems
    XS cruncher - Team: XtremeSystems
    OCN Feedback
    HEAT

*** Being kind is sometimes better then being right.

HARD CRUNCHER!!
    Quote Originally Posted by systemviper View Post
    Klaatu barada nikto
    "This is my BOOMSTICK!"
    Quote Originally Posted by mike047 View Post
    CRUNCH HARD, it may not help me and you, but it might help the Kids.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    Fugger why are over-clockers so catty? Almost as bad as CSS players on the gaming side.

Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    Competition and territory most likely. All sorts of alliances with back stabbing and drama that rivals anything on daytime TV.

Last edited by the finisher; 07-24-2010 at 04:24 PM.
    Donate to XS.org

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Ben Franklin
    "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." -Thomas Jefferson

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."-Thomas Paine

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by systemviper View Post
    Klaatu barada nikto
    See, that one took me a few minutes to remember. I bet most are thinking "The Day the Earth Stood Still" which would be absolutely correct. However, Bruce Campbell also used it in "The Army of Darkness", which was a sequel to the "Evil Dead" and "Evil Dead II". That was a friggin funny movie.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

PI in the face
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKarmakazi View Post
    Until Andre or the people involved admit to any selling of scores (up until now all parties say they were freely given) your coming across as a rumormonger. Why would andre need to sell those scores, he has no financial need. I understand and agree with teh frustration over this, but unless you have facts or proof....

im asking the person who wrote it if they knew how much Isnt this thread a witch hunt and rumor mill?
    Why does someone hand out scores on a whim? People just dont do that, there must be something in it for him weather monetary or not has yet to be seen.
    Maybe andre wanted to borrow hiwas 7.2ghz ES gulftown? Idk

I understand he is teammate of yours so naturally you want to defend him but dont do the crime. Instead of picking over my single post why dont you add to the conversation with some defense. You come off as if you know something we dont.
    Last edited by Splave; 07-24-2010 at 04:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

Assistant Administrator systemviper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Utnorris View Post
    See, that one took me a few minutes to remember. I bet most are thinking "The Day the Earth Stood Still" which would be absolutely correct. However, Bruce Campbell also used it in "The Army of Darkness", which was a sequel to the "Evil Dead" and "Evil Dead II". That was a friggin funny movie.
    thanks bro, i am very much in tune with what you are saying, i think that you need to be part of the new overclocking oversight board, of course it will be a temp spot till we get the real board voted in...

you express a lot of what i see other people wanting to say....plus i agree with a lot of it.... so i say we start this and never look back, see where it takes us!

i am setting up the website right now...
    HWbot - Team: XtremeSystems
    XS cruncher - Team: XtremeSystems
    OCN Feedback
    HEAT

*** Being kind is sometimes better then being right.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Splave View Post
    im asking the person who wrote it if they knew how much Isnt this thread a witch hunt and rumor mill?
    Why does someone hand out scores on a whim? People just dont do that, there must be something in it for him weather monetary or not has yet to be seen.

I understand he is teammate of yours so naturally you want to defend him but dont do the crime. Instead of picking over my single post why dont you add to the conversation with some defense. You come off as if you know something we dont.
    Yeah I would like to know as well! I mean he is banned already so what else can happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleatus View Post
    The bible is a great piece of Fiction lets leave it on the book shelf for today
    Best thing I have heard today!
    Last edited by HitandRun; 07-24-2010 at 04:41 PM.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121920212223 LastLast