Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Andre Yang - Lifetime Ban

Xtreme Guru
    yours is post number 450 beepbeep. So dont tell me that it isnt still being dragged out.
    "Lurking" Since 1977

Jesus Saves, God Backs-Up
    *I come to the news section to ban people, not read complaints.*-[XC]Gomeler
    Don't believe Squish, his hardware does control him!

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Computurd View Post
    yours is post number 450 beepbeep. So dont tell me that it isnt still being dragged out.
    No, we kinda started talking about other things...
    Smile

Xtreme Guru
    hey, umm you are a little late to the party but we were done doing that a page ago. sorries!
    Seems about everyone in this forum has weighed in with their opinions on this matter. Far be it for you to 'correct' anyone or tell them when they can, or cannot, say anything. Do not diminish my opinion with your sarcasm.
    Have a nice day.
    "Lurking" Since 1977

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Computurd View Post
    Seems about everyone in this forum has weighed in with their opinions on this matter. Far be it for you to 'correct' anyone or tell them when they can, or cannot, say anything. Do not diminish my opinion with your sarcasm.
    Have a nice day.
    You want my reason? You can't have it.

This thread has been cleaned up considerably since you got here.

If you would kindly back up a page from this one you will find me quoting something that no longer exists. There have been quite a few posts that "no longer exist". There has already been one person removed from this section completely for flaming.

But you can't see it because even the post stating he was removed and telling others to watch what they say from now on was also removed.

There are a lot of things missing here, sorry I came off in such a manner.
    Smile

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Take this private.
    Asus P6T-DLX V2 1104 & i7 920 @ 4116 1.32v(Windows Reported) 1.3375v (BIOS Set) 196x20(1) HT OFF
    6GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 1600 3x2GB@ 7-7-7-24, 1.66v, 1568Mhz
    Sapphire 5870 @ 985/1245 1.2v
    X-Fi "Fatal1ty" & Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 Speaks/Beyerdynamic DT-880 Pro (2005 Model) and a mini3 amp
    WD 150GB Raptor (Games) & 2x WD 640GB (System)
    PC Power & Cooling 750w
    Homebrew watercooling on CPU and GPU
    and the best monitor ever made + a Samsung 226CW + Dell P2210 for eyefinity
    Windows 7 Utimate x64

Xtreme Guru
    Cleaned up considerably since i got here? I have been watching it since day one. I read the posts before they were cleaned up.
    However, discretion is the better part of valor. I have waited to watch it play out before I came to some sort of opinion worth stating.
    I was not flaming, or trolling, or whatever, and if that were the case, it would be the position of the moderators to warn or censure me.
    I know there are things missing here. One of them was my opinion, but now it is here
    No hard feelings.
    "Lurking" Since 1977

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Solus Corvus View Post
    I think calling for Vapor's banning etc is way over the top. He didn't cheat and he didn't have a chance to be a silent accessory. Even if he did keep quiet about it after the fact, it's not like he should be punished in the same way the cheaters are.

With that said, the thought that he (and Fugger for that matter) might have decided to keep silent about cheating really feels like a betrayal of trust. People look up to you guys.
    This is one of my biggest issues and the reason this whole thing gets me upset. We are not tlaking about Joe Average, but people in positions that can effect other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadasius View Post
    Yup same here. Such a big deal. You know I would have been pissed off if it was a youtube vid or something with Vapor, Skinnee and such taking rounds out of my wife or something but this?!? Maybe it's just me then but to tell you the truth isn't that how progress is made by people who think outside the box or bend the rules and others try to compensate for it? Everybody is a cheat and everybody is a liar for one damn thing or another and if someone say's different then they are lying right there because it is impossible to do. What bothers me is people out for blood on a forum. To me it say's get a freakin life already! Vapor I don't give a rats behind if you bought the damn thing yourself and gave it to skinnee. To me the two of you have contributed way more and heck I would have bought you the damn score myself to help pay back all the stuff you guys did for us. Don't listen to the blow-hards spewing their garbage and asking for people to step down. I don't find what you guys did malicious and heck if you guys did get away with it I would not have cared or be bothered by it. I find it's up to the score keepers to adapt and make things tighter. There will always be a guy with something up his sleeve to beat the odds.
    No one is after blood, just accountability. You cannot and I am going to repeat myself here, you cannot set a standard for one person/group/company and then set another standard for another person/group/company and not expect people to call foul. Sorry, I am just calling it how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    See, this is exactly why people think you should stay. You recommended that skinnee take the high road and left, and yet you still want to step down because your name is peripherally mentioned in this scandal because you don't want any reflection on XS. That is exactly the kind of attitude we need here.
    First, let's be clear, from what I read on HWBOT, this did not just happen overnight. The idea that Skinnee submitted the score with the rest and the next day the investigation was over with and everyone was banned is BS. I quote:

"After an in-depth search, Futuremark realized that all these results originated from a single setup, this based not only on the same FM registration key but also the PCI devices and more. In practice, this means that one overclocker has produced several benchmark scores and gave it to other overclockers to win the MOA 2010 WW Final ticket."

This didn't happen in a matter of hours. My point is that Vapor knew what Skinnee was doing and chose (badly) to turn a blind eye to it. If they had not gotten caught, know one would have known but those involved. I don't think anyone has called for him to face the same punishment as the others, but stepping down from being a mod here was the right move.

Lastly, everyone thinks that this is just having an effect here on XS, are you serious? Do you guys realize that now every time someone looks at the rankings they will suspect cheating. How the hell can you have competitions if no one can trust the system or the participants? The ones that are saying it isn't a big deal, tell that to the new overclockers trying to make a name for themselves or to the guy that loses out after pouring a couple months of his/her life into getting ready for a competition only to lose because someone skirted the rules or flat out cheated. I keep hearing that people need to get off their "High Horses", but maybe people need to start acting responsible and ethical. To codone any type of cheating is wrong, simple as that. What type of message does that send to masses? It's ok to cheat as long as you don't get caught, great lesson. I can only hope that people here don't truly believe this, otherwise why compete, why bother?
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Utnorris View Post
    To codone any type of cheating is wrong, simple as that. What type of message does that send to masses? It's ok to cheat as long as you don't get caught, great lesson. I can only hope that people here don't truly believe this, otherwise why compete, why bother?
    Sorry to break it to you but it is reality. I don't care what standard is set in anything you do or wherever you go there will be people there who have an edge one way or another. People compete anyway to better themselves and to have fun. The people who want to win at any cost often will. I never said it was right or wrong, just reality. I am not going to judge another person as I know I am no damn boyscout myself.

EDIT**

When you stand back and look how much people want to crucify others over one wrong thing it is sad. They do not take into account the other million things they do right especially in helping others. How much has these people helped others? I cannot count how many damn times. Booting them off the forum only hurts the others just so people can lick their chops from the corpse they chewed on thinking they are better. Sorry to break it to people....We are all human and screw ups are part of the game. Live and learn, don't be sadistic in making people pay for it.
    Last edited by Sadasius; 07-23-2010 at 11:11 PM. Reason: adding to the point...

Xtreme Member
    i can understand banning people from competition
    but not from the forums
    people like skinnee are the reason why me and a bunch of people visit xs on a regular basis
    they just contribute way to much to the community, and to have them gone sucks
    /2c
    Seti@Home Optimized Apps
    Heat
    Quote Originally Posted by aNoN_ View Post
    pretty low score, why not higher? kingpin gets 40k in 3dmark05 and 33k in 06 and 32k in vantage performance...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by massman View Post
    This is not the right logic, I think.

It reminds me of this political party (from EU) that said "we should not tolerate beautiful women to wear short skirts in order to give men less temptation to rape them".

It comes down to every individual to step up and be responsible for his or her actions. Don't point to the rules to justify your actions when you know it's regarded as incorrect ...
    I agree each individual must take responsibility for themselves and act responsibly, meaning you abide by simple rules the only reason I agree with lifetime ban/bans is because of what the cheaters are saying to those who play by the rules through their actions, basically they are saying **** you and your fair ways of doing things, its as simple as that.

and anyone who is saying there is a lynch mob here? wtf if a boxer put lead in His glove to beat his opponent what would you say then? you might say that's an extreme comparison, but its blatant cheating just the same.

no sport needs that s**t, how do you think the guy coming in second to Ben Johnson felt when it came out Ben J was taking illegal performance enhancing drugs to beat Him? high profile sport yes but cheating just the same.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    Because of the outcry from everyone out for blood. Better to just step down and resume my normal browsing on XS with a different colored name and an "Edit Post" button missing on everyone else's posts than to have it persist and drag XS down.
    Don't get me wrong here as I was one of the members who "attacked" you.. but stepping down isn't the right choice to make..
    Being an admin myself I don't back down from giving my take on a matter or defending my actions.. I think it makes you a better admin..
    Dropping yourself from staff like this gives only food for thought you agree with the way things went down..

The whole point of the discussion is why people got banned, Andre getting banned for life and your take in it..

Like I said.. removing yourself from staff is taking the easy way out.. I always figured you were way better then that..

Lian Li V2000+ Modded
    Intel Core I7 920 @ 3.8Ghz 1.325v Thermaltright Ultra 120 Extreme RT1366
    Asus Rampage Extreme 2
    OCZ 3x2GB DDR3 1600 Platinum
    EVGA GTX460 768MB 850/1700/2100Mhz SLi
    EVGA 8800GT SSC 730/1800/2000Mhz
    Corsair HX850W

What people do to win..Its crazy.Lifetime ban on hwbot would be good!

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    Quote Originally Posted by gautam View Post
    which means we need a hundred massman clones
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    gskillllin it!

Xtreme Member
    Oh man. I'm really dissapointed about the work from this guys and i'm glad to hear that they've been banned. Am i right when i say that AY haven't wright any sentence in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Newblar View Post
    but not from the forums
    people like skinnee are the reason why me and a bunch of people visit xs on a regular basis
    /2c
    he did not get a life time ban, hes just going on vacation.

a life time ban from the orb or HWbot for cheating makes sense but the forum seams like it should be less than permanent for all involved
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Member
    I wonder how deep the rabbit hole is here and if FM will start scanning thru other profiles looking for the rest of the cheaters.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadasius View Post
    Sorry to break it to you but it is reality. I don't care what standard is set in anything you do or wherever you go there will be people there who have an edge one way or another. People compete anyway to better themselves and to have fun. The people who want to win at any cost often will. I never said it was right or wrong, just reality. I am not going to judge another person as I know I am no damn boyscout myself.

EDIT**

When you stand back and look how much people want to crucify others over one wrong thing it is sad. They do not take into account the other million things they do right especially in helping others. How much has these people helped others? I cannot count how many damn times. Booting them off the forum only hurts the others just so people can lick their chops from the corpse they chewed on thinking they are better. Sorry to break it to people....We are all human and screw ups are part of the game. Live and learn, don't be sadistic in making people pay for it.
    So because it is a reality that people cheat, we should just accept it and not punish it?

By cheating, there is no competition. The competition is a farce. You don't win, you stole.
    Quote Originally Posted by alacheesu View Post
    If you were consistently able to put two pieces of lego together when you were a kid, you should have no trouble replacing the pump top.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Newblar View Post
    but not from the forums
    /2c
    I question every contribution they have ever made.

Just like a cop, you get caught doing something bad and every conviction you made gets called into question.

This is not the first time they cheated, merely the first time they were caught. Nothing they have done can be trusted. No scientific tests they have done can be believed.
    Quote Originally Posted by alacheesu View Post
    If you were consistently able to put two pieces of lego together when you were a kid, you should have no trouble replacing the pump top.

Xtreme Member
    I know that you guys dont know who I am and dont care, but I've worked in the entertainment/music industry my whole life.. As a singer/songwriter/producer. I always did the right thing but found that my partners did'nt always agree. We went our own way and it was no big deal.. I'm not trying to start a debate but I've messaged almost every overclocker that I respected and loved for the past 5 years.. There's actually a couple of you in this thread... You know who actually cared.. I was just interested in overclocking but had nothing to offer.. I just wanted to learn, and out of everyone, the only person who taught me or even responded to any of my messages was Andre Yang and Vince Lucido. I really like Massman and Peter tan alot as well because they were always really cool but I'm not in with the overclocking loop.. I'm just me.. For some reason it started becoming my new art form.. The whole point is that I just really appreciate people that care and help others regardless of their rank or how popular they are. I should know what that feels like as a musician. Just because you open for the black crows or reach the top of the overclockers league does'nt mean you ignore people that want to learn.. Andre Yang helped me and for what its worth, it means something.. I was sad to hear the news... There's a few of you here that I've messaged before. You guys are great and I look up to you as an overclocker but I never got a response. Cheers!! I think Dinos is hilarious by the way!!
    Also, I only cheated once... and that was during a counter strike lan.. I thought it was funny as hell because my best friend was sooooooo pissed off. It was his server... He still talks about it. haha

Xtreme Member
    Anyway.. Sorry to go on and on but I love this stuff... I started overclocking because I thought everyone on xs was crazy! I used to read about new projects on here years ago.. I was absolutely amazed and felt like there were alot of people that built what xtreme systems is all about!! Also, I love this place!!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-EL View Post
    I wonder how deep the rabbit hole is here and if FM will start scanning thru other profiles looking for the rest of the cheaters.

that's what i would like to know aswell ....
    WILL CUDDLE FOR FOOD

Quote Originally Posted by JF-AMD View Post
    Dual proc client systems are like sex in high school. Everyone talks about it but nobody is really doing it.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I'm disappointed in both fugger and vapor, as they both knew what was going on, and did nothing?
    While it may not be as bad as the cheaters themselves, they still knew what was going on and did nothing, and as people have said before. If you know someones going to rob a bank and do nothing, then you can be prosecuted!
    I think the whole thing is just terrible, just what happened???

Xtreme Guru
    i love overclocking

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeStorm View Post
    I'm disappointed in both fugger and vapor, as they both knew what was going on, and did nothing?
    While it may not be as bad as the cheaters themselves, they still knew what was going on and did nothing, and as people have said before. If you know someones going to rob a bank and do nothing, then you can be prosecuted!
    I think the whole thing is just terrible, just what happened???
    Having proof is critical and upholds your stance, without it things can go horribly wrong.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Mmm I can understand that
    In a away, this is a good thing, as now we have got rid of some of the cheaters, although for all we know there may be more.
    It's just a pity this kinda thing happens at all.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast