Page 1 of 22 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Andre Yang - Lifetime Ban

Hybrid View

Andre Yang - Lifetime Ban

Andre shared scores to alter and or ruin the MOA online contest. Four of the results in three different countries were by the same person. Today three members came forward who held winning positions in the Lord of Overclocking competition admitting to using the scores produced by Andre.

This is not the first time reports of score sharing by Andre has been reported but it is the first time verified damaging to an online contest.

After discussion with legit score holders in the contest, they have decided your fate with 100% agreement.

Related articles:
    http://futuremark.yougamers.com/foru...=129873&page=9

http://www.overclock.net/software-ne...ng-banned.html

http://hwbot.org/article/news/remova...m_loc_incident

After some time for the dust to settle, it appears that more people are involved that just these four. I applaud those who refrained from submitting.
    Last edited by Charles Wirth; 07-24-2010 at 01:08 AM.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

I am Xtreme
    Woah... I'm speechless.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    Woah... I'm speechless.
    Same here...

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    Woah... I'm speechless.
    I'm not, andre has been cheating the system for as long as i have been here.
    i warned people a long time ago on some of his asus board overclocks he was subcooling the northbridge to achieve such insane clocks and he denied it but later came out and said he did. i wasnt the accuser i just heard wind of it and passed it on.

there have been MULTIPLE other documented cases of him blatantly cheating and lieing about it.

once a liar and a cheat always a liar and a cheater

and am speechless that any of you who have been around here long enough are in shock,,, this is a long time coming and about damn time.

good riddance, all he did was inflate hardware sales for the manufacturer for his own personal gain.

now its time we start looking at the people he has been working for and start questioning their results and methods.

and YES the guys involved are just as dirty and scandalous as Andre and they deserve the same fate he does.. period.
    Last edited by Lestat; 07-22-2010 at 10:45 AM.
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    i warned people a long time ago on some of his asus board overclocks he was subcooling the northbridge to achieve such insane clocks and he denied it but later came out and said he did. i wasnt the accuser i just heard wind of it and passed it on.

there have been MULTIPLE other documented cases of him blatantly cheating and lieing about it.

and am speechless that any of you who have been around here long enough are in shock,,, this is a long time coming and about damn time.

good riddance, all he did was inflate hardware sales for the manufacturer for his own personal gain.

now its time we start looking at the people he has been working for and start questioning their results and methods.

and YES the guys involved are just as dirty and scandalous as Andre and they deserve the same fate he does.. period.

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Dave's Mentor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post

+1
    the game been gettin real dirty for the past 2 years
    people bendin over for a few $ free hw or a job

maximus IV extreme gtx580
    gigabut p67-ud7
    p67 sabertooth
    2500k+2600k
    antec 1200watt
    EVGA classified 760
    920 Batch# 3849B018 4.985ghz@1.52v gtx285 ftw sli
    OCZ3RPR1866LV6GK hypers
    dfi ut p35 rampage extreme
    gigabut p35c-ds3r bios suks
    gigabut x38-d6q dead thank god
    ballistix 8500 1240mhz@2.02v

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by zsamz_ View Post
    +1
    the game been gettin real dirty for the past 2 years
    people bendin over for a few $ free hw or a job
    yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by massman View Post
    THIS.

IS.

WHAT.

PEOPLE.

NEED.

TO.

UN-DER-STAND.

i think people understand it... its companies that dont WANT to understand this... its companies that create demand for cheating cause they want some guys they can send hardware and get a wr in return... they dont want to play the lottery when sending out samples, they want to BUY a wr pretty much... its only a matter of time until somebody fulfills their demands... if you create a certain environment its all about evolution, only takes some time until somebody adapts to it...
    thats not meant as an excuse in any way, dont get me wrong!
    im just saying, the problem isnt that much with the community and not entirely with the top enthusiasts, but a big part of it is manufacturers as well, which many people dont seem to realize...

im gonna shut up about this though as i have no idea how to improve this situation, so whats the point rambling about it huh? :/

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    Overclocking DOES take talent, however overclocking also means you have lots of $$$$. Without the $$$$ you are nothing.

I'm stuck with a bum CPU and it does not go further. I can't even keep up with similar CPU's.
    wow... this is... so... soooo sad to read...
    this is what overclocking has become, hasnt it?
    and no, overclocking has NOTHING to do with money, nothing at all...

Quote Originally Posted by antiacid View Post
    Because I don't care about what Joe Schmoe did in his basement with some LN2 and a couple of hours of free time?
    I appreciate the effort put into this by enthusiasts around the globe. I appreciate the input I get when I need information regarding "xtreme systems". I don't appreciate it that my hobby is turning into yet another corporate pissing contest, with all associated problems.

Whatever, in the end, I still believe nobody will give a flying poop about this situation for more than a week.
    thats how it should be imo... the weird part is how much attention those handpicked, corporate ln2 sessions get... its almost like with tv... people know its just tv, but they still somehow think its real and applies to them, same as all this corporate overclocking stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by tajoh111 View Post
    Out of everyone, I think he's the most hardcore in regards to overclocking.
    what? sorry, i like andre, but no, hes definitely not...

Quote Originally Posted by Sadasius View Post
    Your exactly right too. It is the same in almost anything as well. In bodybuilding nobody cared about the lightweights. They wanted to see the super heavy freaks of nature. In boxing they want to see the big guys kill each other etc etc.
    yeah but thats the audience... you have your REAL athletes that compete for the sake of competing and pushing themselves and enjoying it, and you have attention wh0res that are only in it cause their mom or dad ignored them as a kid...
    you dont have to be no1 to be good, and you dont have to be no1 to be an athlete... thats not what its about... not at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    BUT where did they start?
    I guarantee you that there was a day when all of these people were unknown and just experimenting in their homes on modest hardware..
    No one was born with these skills,all learned and by the vast majority self taught thru trial and error.
    sure, i still remember stumbling upon some small blog of a guy nicknamed "the chosen one" playing around with his rig and wondering how people got so high clocks out of their cpus until somebody told him they used subzero cooling

thx systemviper for posting the comments from skinee afro and hiwa here
    is it just me or is anybody else confused how several people happened to ask andre for a score at about the same time? at least one of them said that he was OFFERED the score, which makes the whole thing sound really weird...
    1. im shocked theyd ask or accept a score from somebody else
    2. why did andre do this? nobody seems to ask why...
    for the guys, sure, its obvious... but andre? whats his motivation in all this?
    he wanted to help them? and by coincidence several people asking him for help at the same time? and this was the first time this ever happened?

Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    I don't want to go too far OT... but lower level OC is often times more entertaining than the higher stuff.

Go grab an i3 and a 5830 and make it bark, wag it's tail and cry for supper
    THAT is REAL overclocking imo...

Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    I gave my opinion on the "what ifs" with doing this then went to sleep in another room some 45 minutes before skinnee uploaded the score and made it public.

Woke up the next morning and found out multiple scores were under investigation
    friends dont let friends cheat

hiwa... if you read this... im really dissapointed in you man
    and no, deleting the scores and going back to bench does NOT fix this...
    i had a really great impression of you... HAD... :/

Quote Originally Posted by Dahmer View Post
    Lets say you've got a good friend and you're playing some game. He starts to cheat and you don't like it one bit.

You got two choices :
    1) you talk some sense into him
    2) you report him without him knowing about it

Result of choice 1 will get him banned and he'll probably learn his lesson and wont do it again.
    Result of choice 2 will get him banned, you'll lose a good friend and pissed off people like that usually dont learn their lesson.
    no, no1 should result in him not cheating and there wont be any consequences except for him later realizing what a good friend you are...

andre: ... what the hell dude?
    seriously... i thought youd be smarter than this... what could you possibly get out of this?
    some dirt on several top ocers so you could ask them for favors?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    i think people understand it... its companies that dont WANT to understand this... its companies that create demand for cheating cause they want some guys they can send hardware and get a wr in return... they dont want to play the lottery when sending out samples, they want to BUY a wr pretty much... its only a matter of time until somebody fulfills their demands... if you create a certain environment its all about evolution, only takes some time until somebody adapts to it...
    thats not meant as an excuse in any way, dont get me wrong!
    im just saying, the problem isnt that much with the community and not entirely with the top enthusiasts, but a big part of it is manufacturers as well, which many people dont seem to realize...
    Over the last couple of months I've began to understand exactly what you mean. Now, no one at HWBOT is a miracle worker, so I hope the community understands that whoever screwed up in the past (before hwbot), making manufacturers believe this is the legit way of dealing with the overclocking community, has made these mfcs convinced it can be all for them and nothing for us.

I'm pleased to see that many overclockers and enthusiasts in this thread are sharing your opinion on this topic and are more than willing to call faul play where needed. If it was up to me, things would've been fixed completely by now, but sadly enough I'm just a pion. A few more shocks and we'll get there, I'm sure.

On a sidenote: we also have to realize that some MFCs are turning their way in the right direction. Just think about it ... if someone told you 5 years ago that a major manufacturer would invest a load of money in live overclocking events all around the world, you would have offered him a taxi drive home because he was too drunk to walk home
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

It it sad that people even is thinking to do something like this...

But the forums are a better place now without these "Overclockers".
    Last edited by jesperme; 07-22-2010 at 01:57 AM.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Time to get rid of all the "great" people.
    Cheaters and abusers should be kicked out of the forums and the ranking sites.

p.s. Despite the fact that in their ToU HWbot states "Sharing/selling results = lifetime ban" we see a 1 year ban for mr "I think my money and connections beat everyone and is the honored way to go".

Goodbye, we will NOT miss you at all.
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    Time to get rid of all the "great" people.
    Cheaters and abusers should be kicked out of the forums and the ranking sites.

p.s. Despite the fact that in their ToU HWbot states "Sharing/selling results = lifetime ban" we see a 1 year ban for mr "I think my money and connections beat everyone and is the honored way to go".

Goodbye, we will NOT miss you at all.
    Could not agree more!

Colombian OCer
    That is a good decision!! well done Charles, The OC scene need a refresh!
    MSI Master Overclocking Arena 2009 Latam Champion / Gigabyte GOOC 2010 Latin America finals Champion

Xtreme Member
    Damn nice Fugger, if hwbot can follow suit as well with a lifetime ban, then I guess I/we will be at peace...
    EVGA Classified (MSI XPower), 980X (i5 661, i5 680, i7 950, E8600, QX9650, E8400), Thermalright Venomous X , Kingston Hyper X 2000Mhz, MSI 480GTX (5870, 4870x2, Visiontek 3870 x2, XFX 8800GT w/HR03GT), DELL E248WFP, CM Silent Power Pro 1000W, Seagate 1TB + 1TB + 500GB+500GB, Auzentech X-Plosion, CM Bench Station, AL 641, MX 518, New G15 Keyboard

Xtreme Member
    Smells like this was common practice in certain circles. Jackfruits!

Xtreme Member
    Fair enough...

24/7 Rig: AMD Athlon II 450 - MSI 760GM E51- 8GB 1600MHz Gskill RipjawsX- Nvidia GTX260 - OCZ Vertex2 60GB - Seagate 640GB - Antec Quattro 1200W - Samsung T220
    Bench Rig: Intel Core i7 3770K - Asus Maximus IV Extreme - 4GB 2000MHz Corsair Dominator GT - 2x Nvidia GTX260 - Intel Postville 40GB - WD VelociRaptor 36GB - Antec Quattro 1200W

Xtreme Addict
    I'm reading 1 year, not lifetime. I suppose I'm missing something.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    pretty sad day for Ocers...........lifetime ban is a tough sentence though
    Well deserved please allow me to add.

p.s. Yes people, it's the same skinnee, the watercooling man.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    pretty sad day for Ocers...........lifetime ban is a tough sentence though
    you think???? some people base their purchase based on scores that some hot shot did on xs or see them as a role model .... they are held to a higher standard and they should behave like so .... heck im a lonely guy who didnt accomplish anythinf decent yet but maybe one day i will and that day when i do i wont be a cheater just to help keep the torch of the oc'ing spirit light
    WILL CUDDLE FOR FOOD

Quote Originally Posted by JF-AMD View Post
    Dual proc client systems are like sex in high school. Everyone talks about it but nobody is really doing it.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    The life-time ban is for XtremeSystems randomizer.

Xtreme Member
    Good Call. The whole community will be better off. Never had any respect for that guy or his a$$ kissers.

Xtreme Addict
    Dang that guy was my hero. What a shame
    Bring... bring the amber lamps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    Thats both sad and stupid on both the ends. Enjoy your time away and perhaps turn back on your brains.

Xtreme Addict
    great move fugger!! lets remove those scums to make it more appealing to newcommers so they dont feel cheated by our formidable hobby

and seriously i wont see hiwa and all the other involved in this scam as the same in the future .....
    WILL CUDDLE FOR FOOD

Quote Originally Posted by JF-AMD View Post
    Dual proc client systems are like sex in high school. Everyone talks about it but nobody is really doing it.

Xtreme Member
    This is something that no overclocking community, how small it may be, should tolerate. Therefore, we issue a 1-year ban to all the people involved: AndreYang, Hiwa, eXtremetweaker.de, KJ and Skinnee.

Skinnee? The guy that does all the watercooling testing ? He was involved? Very strange.
    My Heatware
    Originally Posted by some guy on internet
    That's your problem right there. Just forget about how things look on paper as that's irrelevant.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ~CS~ View Post
    Skinnee? The guy that does all the watercooling testing ? He was involved? Very strange.
    Yeah, that's what I thought when I saw his name as well. Maybe it is a different skinnee

Page 1 of 22 123411 ... LastLast