Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: let the madness begin...

Xtreme Member
    Hey Eric,

Did lapping or refitting the cpu block help you with the temps? From looking at it i think it would of, but still not fully as the liquid rose to -7C that was in the res. What btu is your compressor eric, its a rotary right? Hope your happy with it, it does look great so far

I am Xtreme
    Get a tube of this: Permatex 80038 Prussian Blue ink,,,,,,,,,,,,,Its a type of ink used by tool and die makers mechanics of all types. It is blue when applied but the places contact is made it turns silver. It wipes right off. I uses it to check shaft to bearing tolerances,setting up ring & pinion gears,checking how flat a surface mates to another,and many more uses. It's cheap and should work great to see how well of a lapping job you did.
    The Laws of Thermodynamics say:

Zeroth Law: "You must play the game."
    First Law: "You can't win."
    Second Law: "You can't break even."
    Third Law: "You can't quit the game."

Do you wanna Play Thermodynamics ???????? I forgot "you must"

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JWB View Post
    Hey Eric,

Did lapping or refitting the cpu block help you with the temps? From looking at it i think it would of, but still not fully as the liquid rose to -7C that was in the res. What btu is your compressor eric, its a rotary right? Hope your happy with it, it does look great so far
    it did help, temps went down several degrees, now max load temp is 7.5c (thats under LinX load), the coolant temp never changes

I dont know too much about this unit as it came out of a trash can. I do know that it is r410a and 5000 btu

I think that its just a limit of my TIM (AS5) and the block (an original Danger Den TDX)
    PC hardware and PC video game reviews... look me up on facebook
    www.unyty.com/Video-Games
    http://www.youtube.com/user/1984ericfx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123