Thread: Help! Need Temp Probe!

Xtreme Member

Help! Need Temp Probe!

Guys, right now sdumper has my vapochill conducting some much needed repairs. However, the temp sensor for the evap is long gone (Actually, everything from the braze joint at the flexline and up is gone) and I need a replacement.

From what sdumper tells me, you can't use just any probe along with the chillcontrol unit. I've seen a couple people get replacement sensors for theirs. Contacting asetek seems to be quite a challenge, as they now consider the vapochill a legacy product, coupled with the fact that I can no longer locate their replacement parts order page and the receptionist at their contact number sounds like she was picked right out of china somewhere and speedread an english dictionary in 2 days.

Does anyone know where I can obtain this part?

They were very good about sending me a free chill module. I didn't ask for a free one... but they sent me one twice in less than a week each time!!! I will try and find the email contact... it's in Denmark I think.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Overclocker333 View Post
    They were very good about sending me a free chill module. I didn't ask for a free one... but they sent me one twice in less than a week each time!!! I will try and find the email contact... it's in Denmark I think.
    Chill module? If you could find that address, it would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDemon666 View Post
    Chill module? If you could find that address, it would be greatly appreciated.
    The actual PCB... this was about 8 months ago... but the guy was in Denmark. I'm on my iPhone now... I look it up when I get home... iPhone email sucks!

-150c Club Member
    It's a standard thermoresistor, most will work and then can be calibrated in with a pot/rheo.

EDIT: assuming the thermoresistor is in the temp range.

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

Xtreme Addict
    Well if you can identify the sensor then I'm sure you can get it from RS/Farnell/Newark/Digikey - electronics stores etc