MMM
    X

    Subscribe to New Ads!

    Receive weekly ads in your inbox!



Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 226

Thread: GOOC 2010 - North America Regional Final - Press Release

  1. #26
    -_-
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    ATLanta, Ga.
    Posts
    523
    best of luck to the NA contestants. You better take it all Gatman:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
    I'll add my name to this elpida graveyard as soon I even think about running 32M. (yes, the thought is enough)



  2. #27
    Admin
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Hillsboro, OR
    Posts
    5,275
    It's gonna be pretty hard to do worse than I did last year...

  3. #28
    no sleep, always tired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Acreage in Iowa, USA
    Posts
    1,833
    Please remember (if you watched the OC-TV livestream and radio show) that Tim Handley said that there are 6 tickets for those they think will make a good addition the the finals. So some that may have not made the cut could still get in if GB HQ thinks they should be in... Dino can confirm this as well

  4. #29
    Xtreme Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    17,468
    if you fail to qualify in locals or regionals you cant get that invite
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?



  5. #30
    no sleep, always tired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Acreage in Iowa, USA
    Posts
    1,833
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    if you fail to qualify in locals or regionals you cant get that invite
    ok, thanks for clarifying

  6. #31
    Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    9,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Planet View Post
    AU had PSC as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by massman View Post
    They're not running Folding benchmarks. You'd also be scared of the very few CPUs per mainboard you can use ... only 1!



    EU had as well.
    Ah, thought Europe had Hypers Guess I should pay more attention *doh*

    Quote Originally Posted by massman View Post
    3rd ticket is golden ticket?
    I hope it is in a candy bar.

  7. #32
    Xtreme Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    17,468
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] gomeler View Post
    Aww, PSC instead of the Hyper that everyone else has had.
    Europeans had PSC as did Australians. You will find that only indonesia SOMEHOW managed to get the last lot of hypers from somewhere but it is next to impossible to find any stock at all due to Elpida phasing them out.

    I've asked the same question from the European Kingston rep and was told that they can only supply what they have available and that's fair enough. Nothing that can be done about it but i tell you what if you come prepared there is certainly a way to have the upper hand in this year's GOOC...that includes knowing how to get most out of the these particular ICs
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?



  8. #33
    Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    9,440
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    Europeans had PSC as did Australians. You will find that only indonesia SOMEHOW managed to get the last lot of hypers from somewhere but it is next to impossible to find any stock at all due to Elpida phasing them out.

    I've asked the same question from the European Kingston rep and was told that they can only supply what they have available and that's fair enough. Nothing that can be done about it but i tell you what if you come prepared there is certainly a way to have the upper hand in this year's GOOC...that includes knowing how to get most out of the these particular ICs
    Oh I just plan on dumping gobs of LN2 on them and calling it a day

  9. #34
    Gigabyte Champion USA
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
    It's gonna be pretty hard to do worse than I did last year...
    Second that for me, but at least you still got a prize last year

  10. #35
    Xtreme n00berclocker
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
    It's gonna be pretty hard to do worse than I did last year...
    Im gonna tell them to DQ you.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6
    damn you guys...am i in a three way and didn't know it again
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian y.
    Im exclusively benching ECS from this point forward

  11. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    if you fail to qualify in locals or regionals you cant get that invite
    How are you supposed to get that invite then? Not bother to do anything to qualify at all and get in anyway
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

  12. #37
    Colombian OCer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bogota, Colombia
    Posts
    195
    NA only include Canada & USA, For SA Qualifier they Count Central America also
    MSI Master Overclocking Arena 2009 Latam Champion / Gigabyte GOOC 2010 Latin America finals Champion

  13. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    76
    well the competition is this Saturday. Everyone ready?
    All the best,
    ManagerJosh
    Director of Operations, Urban Online Entertainment
    Director of Operations, WorldSims

  14. #39
    V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    33,456
    Quote Originally Posted by ManagerJosh View Post
    well the competition is this Saturday. Everyone ready?
    I'm all set.. Oh, I didn't qualify?..JEEZ!
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

  15. #40
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Somewhere on earth between Taipei, Paris and Montreal
    Posts
    1,194
    Just got packed i'm leaving montreal to Los Angeles in Few hours...

    I just bought a new mic for the video interview but hell the jack output isn't working as i expected.. so if anyone can lend me a XLR to Jack (3.5mm) adapter or cable I'll be glad to buy him a beer xD !

    Jsut to warm up a little the stuff for the broadcast ^^ we'll have HD video recordign of the event + A dedidacted semi-profesionnal + good mic for the live broadcast.

    Honestly a LOT of hardware with some extra light , lot of cable pair of mic etc ^^ Hop eyou'll enjoy it !

    can't wait to be Saturday !
    Overclocking-TV Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hipro5 View Post
    Ha, ha, ha.....NO WAY.....When I show someone preparing to take a shot, I hided the cigarette....

  16. #41
    The Canuck
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by Trouffman View Post
    Just got packed i'm leaving montreal to Los Angeles in Few hours...
    I'll see you there, I'm leaving on Friday

  17. #42
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Stockton, CA
    Posts
    3,544
    Leaving Friday morning also. 7 hour drive LOL.

  18. #43
    Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    9,440
    Fly out Friday afternoon. Packing light this year, hopefully just a carry-on. Should be there around 7pm and at the hotel bar by 8:30

  19. #44
    Admin
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Hillsboro, OR
    Posts
    5,275
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] gomeler View Post
    Fly out Friday afternoon. Packing light this year, hopefully just a carry-on. Should be there around 7pm and attempting a massacre via the cwiss flu
    Fixed.

  20. #45
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Stockton, CA
    Posts
    3,544
    Yeah Stockton does not do flights to LA anymore, so it means going to Sacramento, taking all that time in the air port, which by then I would be over half way to LA.

    So drive it is

  21. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Trouffman View Post

    I just bought a new mic for the video interview but hell the jack output isn't working as i expected.. so if anyone can lend me a XLR to Jack (3.5mm) adapter or cable I'll be glad to buy him a beer xD !
    I'll see if I have one for you to borrow Trouffman.
    All the best,
    ManagerJosh
    Director of Operations, Urban Online Entertainment
    Director of Operations, WorldSims

  22. #47
    Xtreme n00berclocker
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    1,457
    I will be driving down Friday afternoon. Meeting up with some friends in the OC that night then hit the hotel bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6
    damn you guys...am i in a three way and didn't know it again
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian y.
    Im exclusively benching ECS from this point forward

  23. #48
    Admin
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    13,107
    Everyone is going to the bar on Friday night? Damn, I'll probably be tired and going to bed after buying all the Vaseline in Michigan so that I can insulate my board again

  24. #49
    Admin
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Hillsboro, OR
    Posts
    5,275
    Laame...

  25. #50
    ODOC
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Copenhagen - Denmark
    Posts
    2,193
    Best luck to all of you

    keep pushing it

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •